The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ideal Players for Denver system wise in this draft (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110786)

NFLBRONCO 04-24-2013 03:03 PM

Ideal Players for Denver system wise in this draft

Just curious to see who you think would be ideal choice for Denver even if its someone your not crazy about at all. One player only at each position. (Sleeper choice is really welcome) I listed lots of positions just to make you think beyond needs only.

QB:
RB:
WR:
DE:
DT:
S:
CB:
ILB:
OLB:
TE:
G:
OT:
C:

Thanks

cutthemdown 04-24-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3833748)
Just curious to see who you think would be ideal choice for Denver even if its someone your not crazy about at all. One player only at each position. (Sleeper choice is really welcome) I listed lots of positions just to make you think beyond needs only.

QB:Barkley
RB:Johnathan Franklin
WR:Tayvon Austin
DE:Mingo
DT:Kwaan Short
S:Kenny Vaccoro
CB:Desmond Trufant
ILB:Aurther Brown
OLB:Dion Jordan
TE:Tyler Eifert
G:Chance Warmack/Johnathan Cooper
OT:Luke Joekel
C:Chance Warmack

Thanks

I think Warmack the best guard and center in the draft.

Requiem 04-24-2013 04:09 PM

RB: I think that Le'Veon Bell and Stefan Taylor are good choices considering their size, inside running ability and experience catching the ball out of the backfield and playing in pro-ready systems. I also like Giovani Bernard and Johnathan Franklin, (even though they are similar to Hillman) because of their ability to make this offense dynamic and be a threat out of the backfield reeling in passes.

WR: Aaron Dobson and Markus Wheaton are two receivers who are under the radar who I think would be excellent fits in a Manning offense. They have the deep speed, ball attacking skills up in the air and the vertical dimension of getting behind the DB's that we certainly could use. I also think players like Chris Harper, Alec Lemon and a few others who are good route runners and have good instincts can come in and make some strides on this team.

DB: Jonathan Cyprien, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, DJ Swearinger. All of these guys are excellent fits for this defense and can contribute immediately.

LB: Alec Ogletree (despite character concerns) and Arthur Brown would excel here. I believe these guys can make plays all over the field and have the type of athleticism John Fox and Jack Del Rio want in their players. Ogletree's experience at S reminds me of how Fox took and developed Thomas Davis with the Panthers, who despite having injury after injury, fights on strong in the NFL.

Just a few names of scheme fits I really, really like.

broncosteven 04-24-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3833748)

QB: Gene Kranz
RB: Neil Armstrong, Deke Slayton,
WR: Jim Lovell
DE: Werner Von Braun
DT: John Young
S: Buzz Aldrin
CB: Sy Leibergot
ILB: Gunther Wendt
OLB: John Aaron
TE: John Glen
G: Gene Lunney
OT: Guss Grissom
C:Chris Kraft

Thanks

Here's mine

SimonFletcher73 04-24-2013 04:31 PM

Kranz does have that Unitas haircut.

errand 04-24-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3833788)
Here's mine

Sounds like a bunch of pussies....j/k:~ohyah!:

broncosteven 04-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3833800)
Sounds like a bunch of pussies....j/k:~ohyah!:

You would love them, the majority were in the armed services and most were fighter jocks. They all knew how to shoot guns.

LOL

broncosteven 04-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 (Post 3833793)
Kranz does have that Unitas haircut.

You mean Unitas has that Kranz haircut.

Mogulseeker 04-24-2013 05:00 PM

Let's take Javier Gooden in the 2nd and make him an ILB.

He's ideally an OLB, but with the way we use ILB to cover TE's, I think he could excel in this this system.

Mogulseeker 04-24-2013 05:02 PM

I'm not really concerned with the "best" at every position because most of them are first rounders and we have one first round pick.

I'd also like to look at a guy like Christine Michael at RB because of his power and burst of the line. A good fit for Fox's running system.

I don't know about the fit, but I think Akeem Spence, DT Illinois, could be a sleeper pick.

04-24-2013 05:57 PM

QB: No one. Seriously this the worst QB draft class I can remember.

04-24-2013 06:16 PM

I'd like robert woods in the second or third

LongDongJohnson 04-24-2013 06:34 PM

we need a lot of white guys.

Rohirrim 04-25-2013 09:09 AM

What we need is a Samoan.

BroncoMan4ever 04-25-2013 10:15 AM

i know i have been riding this guy all offseason, but Le'Veon Bell truly is the perfect RB for Denver. he has size, power and decent speed which Fox loves in a RB. He has pro style offense experience so he just needs to improve his pass blocking not completely learn how to do it. He has really good hands out of the backfield which is perfect for a Manning offense.