The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Elway Draft Presser: 12 PM (MST) -- Official Broncos Draft PDF Release. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110760)

Requiem 04-22-2013 11:41 AM

Elway Draft Presser: 12 PM (MST) -- Official Broncos Draft PDF Release.

Hey guys,

John Elway will be doing the media pre-draft presser from Dove Valley today at 12:00 PM (MST). Also, here is the link to the team's draft release/publication for 2013. Has some great information!

04-22-2013 11:47 AM

So are they done their big board?

This is good stuff by the way!

Requiem 04-22-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3832569)
So are they done their big board?

This is good stuff by the way!

I guess we will find out when the presser starts. I got the dual screens up at work and I'm gonna be taking cliff notes as it goes and pass it on to you all. . .

04-22-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3832571)
I guess we will find out when the presser starts. I got the dual screens up at work and I'm gonna be taking cliff notes as it goes and pass it on to you all. . .

Thank you bro!

gunns 04-22-2013 11:54 AM

Nice, Gradishar announcing the 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Requiem 04-22-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3832575)
Nice, Gradishar announcing the 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I am pretty sure that a fan gets to announce the 2nd round pick too -- maybe along with him. Saw the Bud Light "announce a pick" contest on FB and applied for it. Lol.

Official Link To Live Stream of Elway Presser

You can hear media people whining about stuff. :thumbsup:

ludo21 04-22-2013 11:58 AM

Denver Broncos Ring of Fame LB Randy Gradishar, the club’s all-time leading tackler and seven-time Pro Bowler, will announce the team’s second- and third-round draft choices live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Friday, April 26.

cool

Requiem 04-22-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3832579)
Denver Broncos Ring of Fame LB Randy Gradishar, the clubís all-time leading tackler and seven-time Pro Bowler, will announce the teamís second- and third-round draft choices live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Friday, April 26.

cool

It would be the perfect opportunity to say it is about time he got into the Hall of Fame. :wiggle:

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:01 PM

Lol. The journalist conversations are awesome.

"Sup girl, you look new here."

"Yeah, I just moved here from. . ."

Lol. Someone is hitting on a new reporter. :D

pricejj 04-22-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3832558)
Hey guys,

John Elway will be doing the media pre-draft presser from Dove Valley today at 12:00 PM (MST). Also, here is the link to the team's draft release/publication for 2013. Has some great information!

Word up. Locked and loaded!

ludo21 04-22-2013 12:02 PM

i didnt realize we took Elam in the 3rd ! ;D woah

K Jason Elam Hawaii 1993 Rd. 3-70

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3832584)
i didnt realize we took Elam in the 3rd ! ;D woah

K Jason Elam Hawaii 1993 Rd. 3-70

IIRC, someone on this board posted pictures of their Broncos Lair where they actually have the old phone that they used to call him when he was selected. Great piece of memorabilia. I wonder who that was. . .

55CrushEm 04-22-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3832579)
Denver Broncos Ring of Fame LB Randy Gradishar, the clubís all-time leading tackler and seven-time Pro Bowler, will announce the teamís second- and third-round draft choices live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Friday, April 26.

cool

Still a crime he's not in the HOF. I guess the league is making it up to him by allowing him to announce a pick.

:wiggle:

Kid A 04-22-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3832581)

Then some guy talking about running (he thinks he maybe can currently run up to 4 miles!) and whether he could get in Boston qualifying shape this summer (lolz).

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:11 PM

"Is your plan to take BPA?"

Elway: Yes.

24champ 04-22-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3832581)

Probably Woody Paige putting out the creepy old man vibe.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:12 PM

Sorry guys, had a co-worker bother me and I just lost the last few questions. Just was asked about taking a running back early. Elway says the trend has bumped guys down, but references Richardson going high last year, but talked about Shanahan getting success with late-round guys. Says it's all about finding the right player to fit your scheme. Didn't really give a hint on if they'd take one early.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:14 PM

Denver has never had more than 20-22 first round grades on players in the three years he has been a part of the process. He thinks this years draft lacks impact guys, but has great depth and good football players. Roughly the same number of first round grades as past few years. He feels they are going to get a good football player at #28.

Was asked if they feel they NEED to have a good back.

Says they have McGahee has the big guy, Hillman as the 190 speed guy. Did not mention Moreno or anyone else, but says those are the guys they have now and will see what happens in the draft.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:15 PM

Asked about character concerns with players.

Elway says there aren't really any perfect players, maybe a few perfect players. Wants to avoid having a divided locker room. It is real important for them to have a core group of guys in the locker room who can keep things in line. Personal character and how they fit into that dynamic is important.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:17 PM

Manning seems a lot more comfortable here after one year with the team. Less stressed, more relaxed.

A lot of good football players at defense ends, but moreover defensive lineman in this draft. Deeper than most years. Isn't sure if one of those guys is the BPA -- but if the time comes and he is there, they could. They want to find guys who will be 10 year guys in the NFL for the Broncos. Cannot afford to make mistakes with their first rounders.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:18 PM

Believes doing mock drafts is an important part of guessing on who will be there and they do it a lot. Talks about team disparity in grades. Will continue to do more of them over the next few days to get to scenarios where they can trade up, trade down. Want to have 4-5 players they are interested in by the time they are OTC or close to it. All about who is available. Compares mock draft to practice. Helps get a leg up.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:20 PM

Eric Decker came to Elway and told him about the reality TV show. Says he has his blessing. Elway said he knows from personal experience that marriage is a two way street and there is give and take.

Feels that their second rounders the past two years have been great selections. (Was asked if moving down for more would be ideal.)

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:21 PM

Open discussion on all players is always welcome. Some guys on staff are height/weight/speed guys (analysis of players) others rely more on game tape. Elway says he is a combination of those things, but wants to facilitate discussion amongst everyone to get their opinions on players.

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:21 PM

"Did you sell your fax machines?"

Elway: "Yeah, uh. . . I'm not going to get into that."

Requiem 04-22-2013 12:22 PM

Secondary class is a big class, a lot of great guys at both safety and corner.