The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Most hated teams of all time. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110754)

04-21-2013 11:38 PM

Most hated teams of all time.
 
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...t.hated.teams/

a couple of years old but hard not to argue with their list.

gunns 04-22-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3832413)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...t.hated.teams/

a couple of years old but hard not to argue with their list.

Some of those teams don't need years by them, they are hated every year. Dallas, Oakland, Yankees, Patriots, USC, "the U". I do have to wonder about the 1986 Mets. Loved that World Series.

Tombstone RJ 04-22-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3832428)
Some of those teams don't need years by them, they are hated every year. Dallas, Oakland, Yankees, Patriots, USC, "the U". I do have to wonder about the 1986 Mets. Loved that World Series.

Absolutely love the #1 most hated team and I remember watching that bowl game where Joe Paterno's team flat out knocked the crap out of the canes. Loved it. Absolutely loved that game. The big talkers got their asses handed to them by Penn State.

Crushaholic 04-22-2013 08:25 AM

I can't see the Bad Boy Pistons being ranked that high. They were relatively amusing, not hated...

04-22-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3832478)
I can't see the Bad Boy Pistons being ranked that high. They were relatively amusing, not hated...

No a lot of people hated them. Cheap shot asshols is what they were.

SoCalBronco 04-22-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3832457)
Absolutely love the #1 most hated team and I remember watching that bowl game where Joe Paterno's team flat out knocked the crap out of the canes. Loved it. Absolutely loved that game. The big talkers got their asses handed to them by Penn State.

How would being outgained by 300 yards constitute kicking the crap out of them?

Vinny threw the game for his mafia bookie friend.

04-22-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3832762)
How would being outgained by 300 yards constitute kicking the crap out of them?

Vinny threw the game for his mafia bookie friend.

Vinney stunk that game up. Maybe the worst college bowl performance I have ever seen. They outplayed Penn the whole game.

broncosteven 04-22-2013 03:50 PM

The Black Sox shouldn't be that high, their beef was with their owner, if Cominsky would have paid bonuses as promised and not sat guys about to hit them things would not have got to that point. I would put Cobb's Tigers higher or even the 2003 Cub's team, they were a batch of A-holes that year. Cubs haven't been loveable losers since, just plain old losers.

04-22-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3832774)
The Black Sox shouldn't be that high, their beef was with their owner, if Cominsky would have paid bonuses as promised and not sat guys about to hit them things would not have got to that point. I would put Cobb's Tigers higher or even the 2003 Cub's team, they were a batch of A-holes that year. Cubs haven't been loveable losers since, just plain old losers.

That has nothing to do with nothing. They were very hated around the league. No matter what their reason for cheating was they were clearly hated by almost everyone.

broncosteven 04-22-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3832776)
That has nothing to do with nothing. They were very hated around the league. No matter what their reason for cheating was they were clearly hated by almost everyone.

I don't remember reading that, the grand jury didn't meet until the beginning of the 1920 season. There were plenty of other teams that were rumored to be on the take back then.

Judge Mountain Landis was an A-hole but baseball needed a commissioner who was not influenced by the owners.

Joe Jackson was one of the best loved players of his time. Sure there were d-bags on the team but that can be said of every team.

Ty Cobb and his Tigers were dirty, I think Cobb sharpened his spikes with intent to injure.

04-22-2013 05:53 PM

1996-98 Queefs

Low class thugs.

Exhibit A (1996): Dale Carter taking out Lionel Washington's knee on a meaningless block away from a running play.
Exhibit B (1997): Marty Schottenheimer putting bounties on Broncos players, disclosed by Tim Grunhard on his weekly radio show.
Exhibit C (1998): Derrick Thomas and Wayne Simmons losing their temper and drawing personal foul penalties during a MNF game that was out of hand.

broncosteven 04-22-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWheatGrower (Post 3832824)
1996-98 Queefs

Low class thugs.

Exhibit A (1996): Dale Carter taking out Lionel Washington's knee on a meaningless block away from a running play.
Exhibit B (1997): Marty Schottenheimer putting bounties on Broncos players, disclosed by Tim Grunhard on his weekly radio show.
Exhibit C (1998): Derrick Thomas and Wayne Simmons losing their temper and drawing personal foul penalties during a MNF game that was out of hand.

No argument from me!

REP

gunns 04-22-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3832478)
I can't see the Bad Boy Pistons being ranked that high. They were relatively amusing, not hated...

Agree, I enjoyed watching them.

bombay 04-22-2013 08:11 PM

Absolutely ****ing hated those late '80's pistons. Bunch of scumbag thugs that ruined the game for quite some time.

Tombstone RJ 04-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3832762)
How would being outgained by 300 yards constitute kicking the crap out of them?

Vinny threw the game for his mafia bookie friend.

Dude, the Penn State secondary destroyed those cane wide receivers. Laid them out! The Nittany Lions put fear into those candy-canes. I wonder why Vinny threw all those INTs, maybe because his WR weren't where they were supposed to be?

SoCalBronco 04-22-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3832905)
Dude, the Penn State secondary destroyed those cane wide receivers. Laid them out! The Nittany Lions put fear into those candy-canes. I wonder why Vinny threw all those INTs, maybe because his WR weren't where they were supposed to be?

No it's because he was on the take. We out gained them by almost 300 yards. Penn St. Got raped everywhere unfortunately except the scoreboard. Jimmy should have just run the ball...they were running all over the PSU front.

Vinny cost the team a national title the year before as well in the Sugar Bowl against Tennessee.

Tombstone RJ 04-22-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3832913)
No it's because he was on the take. We out gained them by almost 300 yards. Penn St. Got raped everywhere unfortunately except the scoreboard. Jimmy should have just run the ball...they were running all over the PSU front.

Vinny cost the team a national title the year before as well in the Sugar Bowl against Tennessee.

I watched the game and Penn State was more physical and that's why they won. But whatever, you believe what you want to believe.

04-23-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3832916)
I watched the game and Penn State was more physical and that's why they won. But whatever, you believe what you want to believe.

I watched that game with my dad and we were both rooting for Penn State, and we were both amazed they pulled out a win against a team that was so obviously better than them.

SoCalBronco 04-23-2013 04:29 PM

It doesn't matter...it evens out in the end. Penn St was the best in 85...but OU won it. Miami was the best in 86 but PSU won it...OU was the best in 87 but Miami win it. Each got one title...just in the wrong year.

errand 04-23-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3832913)
Penn St. Got raped everywhere unfortunately except the scoreboard.

Isn't that the only stat that truly matters?

loborugger 04-23-2013 06:43 PM

Sports Illustrated being a US publication - do Americans overall really give enough of a **** to include an English soccer team?

broncosteven 04-23-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loborugger (Post 3833420)
Sports Illustrated being a US publication - do Americans overall really give enough of a **** to include an English soccer team?

Being a fan of foreign movies and BBC shows you can pickup that Manchester was dispised by a lot of people so it is accurate.

broncocalijohn 04-23-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3832428)
Some of those teams don't need years by them, they are hated every year. Dallas, Oakland, Yankees, Patriots, USC, "the U". I do have to wonder about the 1986 Mets. Loved that World Series.

I love USC but if you don't know about the 86 Mets, read up on them concerning their locker room and Kevin Mitchell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitchell_(baseball)

Muddled 04-24-2013 01:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDPywl2IoE

Ever important these days

broncocalijohn 04-24-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddled (Post 3833509)

It is in German so what the **** does that have to do with the most hated team? Save this for the most hated song (that no one can understand)? Plus, it smells like a reference to soccer so we would have no clue who is hated or liked.

I say spamming for a German band.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.