The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   First round mock (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110739)

DBroncos4life 04-19-2013 12:20 PM

First round mock
 
Here is my go at the first round with trades.

1. KC Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. Jags Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
3. Oaklad Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
4. Eagles Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
5. Lions Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
6. Falcons Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. Cards Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
8. Bills Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
9. Jets Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
10. Titans Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
11. Chargers Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
12. Phins Jonathan Cooper, OG,North Carolina
13. Jets Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
14. Cowboys Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
15. Saints Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
16. Rams Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
17. Steelers Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18. Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
19. Giants D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
20. Bears Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young
21. Bengals D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
22. Rams Jonathan Cyprien, SS,Florida International
23. Vikings Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
24. Colts Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
25. Vikings Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
26. Green Bay Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
27. Houston DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28. Eagles E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
29. New England Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
30. Browns Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
31. San Fran Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
32. Balt Keenan Allen, WR, California

My lord that was hard.

TheReverend 04-19-2013 12:49 PM

Nice to see. Much easier to be a critic than to make one yourself

04-19-2013 12:55 PM

nice, what do you expect the terms of the trades to be? mostly interested in the Denver/Philly trade.

uplink 04-19-2013 12:59 PM

nice and well thought out.

OBF1 04-19-2013 01:05 PM

I assume we get the Eagle's 2nd round pick...and what else???

Though I like us trading back, I would hate to watch all Thursday's coverage only to see us not make a selection.

Traveler 04-19-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy (Post 3831247)
nice, what do you expect the terms of the trades to be? mostly interested in the Denver/Philly trade.

Similar to a mock draft on Sirius/XM. Denver traded with PHI and received their 2nd, Trent Cole, and their 4th rounder IIRC.

Personally, I want their 2nd this year and 1st next year.

Traveler 04-19-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3831263)
I assume we get the Eagle's 2nd round pick...and what else???

Though I like us trading back, I would hate to watch all Thursday's coverage only to see us not make a selection.

I'm guessing that is going to happen. Elway already stated the wasn't much difference in grades for those in the upper tier of players and the 28th selection. Why pay all those extra millions when you can get almost the same value in the 2nd round?

I stopped watching the draft years during the time Reeves was the coach. Too many WTF, who the hell is that moments.

TonyR 04-19-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3831206)
4. Eagles Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

Well done. I think the Eagles go Joeckel. And can the Raiders really be stupid enough to go Geno Smith?!?

TonyR 04-19-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 3831275)
Denver traded with PHI and received their 2nd, Trent Cole, and their 4th rounder IIRC.

I realize this is speculation, but just thought I'd comment that I read Cole is shedding weight in order to transition to 3-4 OLB in the Eagles new scheme. He'd have to put the weight back on if we got him!

underrated29 04-19-2013 01:36 PM

Cant imagine how hard it is to do one. So nice job.

I'd really question the Oakland pick after acquiring Flynn and having Pryor in a similar mold as geno. But then again the are the raiders and the raiders don't even know why they frick up all the time. They just do.

Traveler 04-19-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3831290)
I realize this is speculation, but just thought I'd comment that I read Cole is shedding weight in order to transition to 3-4 OLB in the Eagles new scheme. He'd have to put the weight back on if we got him!

Yeah, I read that too.

DBroncos4life 04-19-2013 01:49 PM

I thought hard about the Bengals taking Tree and then letting Hayden go to the Browns. Werner then would fall out of the first round. My thinking with the Eagles is they could draft a OLB Kelly knows he can work with and unload Cole and his contract to Denver. Denver would get Cole at an affordable price for the next two seasons.

As for the Raiders, I think Geno is better then any QB they have on the roster.

04-19-2013 02:19 PM

I like the idea of trading back, I do not like the idea of having both Bjoern Werner and Sylvester Williams on the board and not taking them.

MagicHef 04-19-2013 02:53 PM

Where did all the Pryor=Smith opinions come from? Smith is way more accurate, and really didn't run much in college. Honestly, is it because he's black?

Geno will go very, very early.

gyldenlove 04-19-2013 03:04 PM

I have to say I think the Falcons jumping from 30 to 6 seems high. I could see them jump to 20ish to pick up Trufant though.

DBroncos4life 04-19-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3831409)
I have to say I think the Falcons jumping from 30 to 6 seems high. I could see them jump to 20ish to pick up Trufant though.

I disagree.


Dee Milliner - DB - Player

Citing multiple sources, NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports Alabama CB Dee Milliner is the Browns target at the No. 6 overall pick, with their preferred fallback option being a trade down.
If the Browns traded down -- perhaps with the Falcons -- they would reportedly target LSU DE Barkevious Mingo. Needy at cornerback, Atlanta is known to be interested in trading up and has a high draft grade on Milliner. The Browns and Falcons also have a history of draft-day blockbuster deals, although not under Cleveland's current front office. Regardless, a trade down would be sensible for the Browns if they believe they'd have a shot at Mingo at No. 30.

Dee Milliner - DB - Player

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Falcons are "high" on Oregon DE/LB Dion Jordan and Alabama CB Dee Milliner as they attempt to trade up in the draft.
Jordan is a less realistic target -- he's a surefire top-four overall selection -- but Milliner definitely would make sense at a major need position in Atlanta. GM Thomas Dimitroff is believed to be targeting a large first-round trade up, potentially into the top five or ten picks. We suspect Milliner is who he wants.

They moved from 27 to 6 with the Browns before.

ludo21 04-19-2013 03:18 PM

good job! So tough to do.

Not sure I am going to do a mock or not but if I do, no way I include trades.

1 common theme I see a ton:
Why does everyone have Dallas taking Vacarro? how are they passing on fluker?

Also love Ansah dropping... not sure but my gut feeling is he is no longer a top 10 pick like he was a month ago..

04-19-2013 03:18 PM

Now that Kruger is a brown I could see them going CB with their first pick.

I was hoping Hayden and Cyprien wouldn't rise alot but it seems they are shooting up boards everywhere.

gunns 04-19-2013 03:30 PM

Nice draft. I think I would have had KC taking Joeckel. I also think Trufant may go before Rhodes. Just my opinion.

While trading out of the 28th spot has been what I've wanted, if Werner is there don't we jump? Why has he dropped so far in so many mocks?

gyldenlove 04-19-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3831413)
I disagree.


Dee Milliner - DB - Player

Citing multiple sources, NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports Alabama CB Dee Milliner is the Browns target at the No. 6 overall pick, with their preferred fallback option being a trade down.
If the Browns traded down -- perhaps with the Falcons -- they would reportedly target LSU DE Barkevious Mingo. Needy at cornerback, Atlanta is known to be interested in trading up and has a high draft grade on Milliner. The Browns and Falcons also have a history of draft-day blockbuster deals, although not under Cleveland's current front office. Regardless, a trade down would be sensible for the Browns if they believe they'd have a shot at Mingo at No. 30.

Dee Milliner - DB - Player

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Falcons are "high" on Oregon DE/LB Dion Jordan and Alabama CB Dee Milliner as they attempt to trade up in the draft.
Jordan is a less realistic target -- he's a surefire top-four overall selection -- but Milliner definitely would make sense at a major need position in Atlanta. GM Thomas Dimitroff is believed to be targeting a large first-round trade up, potentially into the top five or ten picks. We suspect Milliner is who he wants.

They moved from 27 to 6 with the Browns before.

They did move up before, but that was to get the piece they believed would take them to the next level. I am not getting a sense from anyone that they believe that this time around - last time it cost the 2 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder and 2 4th rounders to move up from 27 to 6. Last year Dallas spend a 1st and 2nd rounder getting up from 14 to 6. I think getting up from 30 to 6 is going to cost on the order of 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks or possibly a 1st a 2nd and a good player.

Paladin 04-19-2013 03:39 PM

I looked up Cole's stats. Sort of medium blah. Anyone have an opinion on him?What would his on-field advantage be?

NFLBRONCO 04-19-2013 03:51 PM

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

You'd pass on this guy

Tombstone RJ 04-19-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3831206)
Here is my go at the first round with trades.

1. KC Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. Jags Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
3. Oaklad Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
4. Eagles Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
5. Lions Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
6. Falcons Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. Cards Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
8. Bills Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
9. Jets Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
10. Titans Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
11. Chargers Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
12. Phins Jonathan Cooper, OG,North Carolina
13. Jets Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
14. Cowboys Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
15. Saints Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
16. Rams Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
17. Steelers Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18. Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
19. Giants D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
20. Bears Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young
21. Bengals D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
22. Rams Jonathan Cyprien, SS,Florida International
23. Vikings Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
24. Colts Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
25. Vikings Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
26. Green Bay Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
27. Houston DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28. Eagles E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
29. New England Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
30. Browns Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
31. San Fran Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
32. Balt Keenan Allen, WR, California

My lord that was hard.

:thumbsup: I congratulate you sir on your efforts! And the faiders making another mistake on a QB at #3 is a real nice bonus.

Tombstone RJ 04-19-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 3831401)
Where did all the Pryor=Smith opinions come from? Smith is way more accurate, and really didn't run much in college. Honestly, is it because he's black?

Geno will go very, very early.

I made a comment in another post about how I didn't think Geno Smith brought anything more to the table than Pryor and what I meant by that is the faiders have already spent time developing Pryor and while he was not as good of a QB coming out of college as Geno Smith is, right now, he's probably just as good as Geno Smith (due to his development time) and the faid should just stick with what they have and then draft a QB next year if need be. I'd be happy if the faid wasted another high draft pick on Geno Smith.

Mogulseeker 04-19-2013 04:07 PM

Margun Hunts would be awesome with the Eagles pick.

Te'o might be around there, too.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.