The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2 Wonderlic's leaked... Step up Mr Austin (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110727)

OBF1 04-18-2013 11:34 AM

2 Wonderlic's leaked... Step up Mr Austin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wideout...2914--nfl.html

I always find low scores amusing for some reason.

Freeking 7, almost Frank Gore standards.

Crushaholic 04-18-2013 12:18 PM

Wonderlic scores are important for QBs, who have to manage an entire playbook. However, how important do you guys think that it matters, in other positions?

bowtown 04-18-2013 12:26 PM

Peyton Hillis can pull a bus.

Ziggy 04-18-2013 12:36 PM

Clady scored a 13. He clearly wasn't smart enough to make it as a LT in the NFL.

Requiem 04-18-2013 01:03 PM

Antonio Cromartie had more kids than points on his Wonderlic and he turned out OK. He is still retarded though, literally.

Is anyone surprised that these "student athletes" don't have much up in the noggin?

For most of these guys, the NFL is the only way they will ever be able to make a living. Otherwise they would be lucky to find work.

DBroncos4life 04-18-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3830642)
Antonio Cromartie had more kids than points on his Wonderlic and he turned out OK. He is still retarded though, literally.

Is anyone surprised that these "student athletes" don't have much up in the noggin?

For most of these guys, the NFL is the only way they will ever be able to make a living. Otherwise they would be lucky to find work.

All I know is between this and the hotel rumor someone wants Cordarrelle Patterson at the end of the first round bad!!!

Requiem 04-18-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3830662)
All I know is between this and the hotel rumor someone wants Cordarrelle Patterson at the end of the first round bad!!!

Patterson has always been regarded as a head case. The NFL and their teams are going to know who trashed those rooms because I am sure they know the tandems of prospects and where they were each located. I have also read a ton of places that Patterson came off as a turdball in the combine interview process. Patterson is an immense talent, but an enormous risk. :~ohyah!:

04-18-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3830662)

If he fell to Denver they should not hesitate 1 second to grab him.

DBroncos4life 04-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3830671)
If he fell to Denver they should not hesitate 1 second to grab him.

The **** they shouldn't. The guy is a train wreck.

NFLBRONCO 04-18-2013 01:48 PM

I wouldn't care what my score was I'd be a millionaire. I could handle being teased about it knowing I was cashing huge checks.

04-18-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3830676)
The **** they shouldn't. The guy is a train wreck.

and from day one he is a starter.

DBroncos4life 04-18-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3830681)

Do you even know anything going on with him? He isn't a type of player Elway would draft period.

Tombstone RJ 04-18-2013 02:11 PM

If Patterson is sitting there at 28 it's gonna be real interesting to see what Elway does. Fact is, the Broncos don't really "need" a WR right now so Elway can justifiably pass on Patterson by taking another player or trading down.

But here's the rub: If Elway thinks Patterson can be special, and if Elway thinks he can sit Patterson down and let him mature while being around guys like Manning and Bailey, does he take a flyer on this kid?

That's a tough decision right there.

broncosteven 04-18-2013 02:19 PM

It is not like these dudes are trying to get into MIT or dock a space craft with another craft in low Earth orbit.

With the skating through HS and college these guys get away with I am surprised they can read and write or sign for a $300,000 loan to throw a party.

OBF1 04-18-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3830677)
I wouldn't care what my score was I'd be a millionaire. I could handle being teased about it knowing I was cashing huge checks.

Spoken like a true athlete... and 5 years later you would also be broke dummy.

underrated29 04-18-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3830704)
Spoken like a true athlete... and 5 years later you would also be broke dummy.

But theyd be the best 5 years of anyones life!

Tombstone RJ 04-18-2013 02:44 PM

Doh!

Lestat 04-18-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3830681)

a starter where? not on this team he's not. he's the #4 WR behind DT,Decker and Welker.
unless he has superhuman skills on adapting to Manning and vibing with him.

Mogulseeker 04-18-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 3830625)
Clady scored a 13. He clearly wasn't smart enough to make it as a LT in the NFL.

Thirteen is below average... less than that is pretty bad. Less than 10 is practically illiterate.

Willynowei 04-21-2013 09:15 AM

Most of these guys have literacy problems, not intellectual aptitude problems, i wouldn't question the drive or learning skill of a professional athlete, it is more than likely quite a lot higher than the general population. I would bet that most athletes, if they were convinced to focus all their competitive energies into a job based on intellect, would do better than the average American.

Archer81 04-21-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willynowei (Post 3832033)
Most of these guys have literacy problems, not intellectual aptitude problems, i wouldn't question the drive or learning skill of a professional athlete, it is more than likely quite a lot higher than the general population. I would bet that most athletes, if they were convinced to focus all their competitive energies into a job based on intellect, would do better than the average American.

And still got into college. If they had average to no athletic ability they would not go anywhere, no matter how driven they were.

:Broncos:

baja 04-21-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3830617)
Wonderlic scores are important for QBs, who have to manage an entire playbook. However, how important do you guys think that it matters, in other positions?

Exhibit A DJ Williams

Exhibit B Joe Mays

Cosmo 04-21-2013 09:53 AM

What drives me nuts about how stupid these players are isn't about their wonderlic score. I hate that most of them end up with a degree of some sort which honestly shows just how worthless a college education has become now a days.

I mean, some of these guys are so stupid they shouldn't get through middle school and yet they end up as college graduates. Its pathetic. That is the real reason why huge big athletic freaks are in the NFL now, its because college isn't an obstacle like it used to be.

baja 04-21-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3830690)
If Patterson is sitting there at 28 it's gonna be real interesting to see what Elway does. Fact is, the Broncos don't really "need" a WR right now so Elway can justifiably pass on Patterson by taking another player or trading down.

But here's the rub: If Elway thinks Patterson can be special, and if Elway thinks he can sit Patterson down and let him mature while being around guys like Manning and Bailey, does he take a flyer on this kid?

That's a tough decision right there.

A first round flier for a team expecting to make a run? I certainly hope not!

04-21-2013 10:02 AM

patterson is randy moss, with less trouble but perhaps less intelligence as well. I don't see him fitting in a manning offense really