The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone else get an email about Ea Sports Lawsuit? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110703)

ludo21 04-15-2013 06:51 PM

Anyone else get an email about Ea Sports Lawsuit?
 
What is this about? Anyone submitting a claim to become apart of it?


11. Am I part of this Settlement Class?
You are a member of the Settlement Class if:
You are in the United States and bought a new copy of an Electronic Arts’ Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football videogame for Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, GameCube, PC, or Wii, with a release date of January 1, 2005 to June 21, 2012.
You are excluded from the Settlement Class if (1) you purchased the game(s) directly from Electronic Arts; (2) you purchased only used copies of the games; or (3) you are an employee, officer, director, or legal representative or Electronic Arts or a wholly or a partly owned subsidiary or affiliated company.
You are also excluded from the Settlement Class if you previously submitted a timely request for exclusion on or prior to December 10,

04-15-2013 07:05 PM

is this anything like that class action suit against Navin R. Johnson a few decades back?

ludo21 04-15-2013 07:10 PM

easportslitigation.com

Requiem 04-15-2013 07:13 PM

Yeah, I got one. I didn't know if it was a scam. Get in on it and you could get $20.00!

maher_tyler 04-15-2013 07:17 PM

What's the lawsuit all about? I've bought every madden since 2005. At least 2 NCAA games as well. How do you prove you bought the games?

ludo21 04-15-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3829393)
What's the lawsuit all about? I've bought every madden since 2005. At least 2 NCAA games as well. How do you prove you bought the games?

i can't quite figure it out....

i guess i put an email to them once upon a time which is why they emailed me. i have not bought a game since 10

spdirty 04-15-2013 08:25 PM

Think this is it. Its a monopoly lawsuit that was settled out of court.

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/7...uit-settlement

Mogulseeker 04-15-2013 08:25 PM

I saw EA Sports on a list for most unethical corporations in the US, and I though ti kinda weird that a video game company would make the list.

hades 04-15-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3829393)
What's the lawsuit all about? I've bought every madden since 2005. At least 2 NCAA games as well. How do you prove you bought the games?

Hold your right hand up and say "I swear I bought these games", that should cover it and is legally binding as long as you do not cross your fingers on the other hand.

TheChamp24 04-15-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3829434)
I saw EA Sports on a list for most unethical corporations in the US, and I though ti kinda weird that a video game company would make the list.

Electronic Arts is one of the most hated companies in the world. They buyout their competition, and underwhelm constantly. The CEO resigned after the latest fiasco involving Sim City.
EA drives their employees into the ground, forcing them to work nonstop to get stuff pushed out.
I don't know off the top of my head what companies EA has bought, but its a lot, and to me, their motto seems to be avoid competition by buying them out, and then not worrying if they drive that previous companies games into the river.

SimonFletcher73 04-15-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy (Post 3829390)
is this anything like that class action suit against Navin R. Johnson a few decades back?

http://www.kcocco.com/images/google-...opti-grab.jpeg

Archer81 04-15-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChamp24 (Post 3829459)
Electronic Arts is one of the most hated companies in the world. They buyout their competition, and underwhelm constantly. The CEO resigned after the latest fiasco involving Sim City.
EA drives their employees into the ground, forcing them to work nonstop to get stuff pushed out.
I don't know off the top of my head what companies EA has bought, but its a lot, and to me, their motto seems to be avoid competition by buying them out, and then not worrying if they drive that previous companies games into the river.


Bioware is one. Sadly. Bioware makes pretty good games.

:Broncos:

BowlenBall 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy (Post 3829390)
is this anything like that class action suit against Navin R. Johnson a few decades back?

The one with the glasses that made people cross-eyed?

http://rlv.zcache.com/opti_grab_the_...945aby_325.jpg

Kaylore 04-16-2013 07:48 AM

FYI it is NOT a scam and the court just extended the time period through May to sign up. I strongly recommend everyone do so. EA is a horrible company that does business the wrong way. Hopefully this pushes things in the right direction.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.