The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hindsight-Richard Seymour (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110684)

rugbythug 04-13-2013 10:23 AM

Hindsight-Richard Seymour

When the Pats traded Seymour for a future first round pick it was pretty much universally thought of as a great move by Bellicheck. Personally I thought it was short sided. When you are trying to win a Championship in a given year you don't move a piece just to be better 3 years from now. In retrospect had the Pats not let him go I am confident they would have won a Lombardi. The problem with their team was the very thing Seymour gave them.

Lets hope that the Dumervil situation does not end up the same way.

Lestat 04-13-2013 10:27 AM

Seymour was potentially their best defensive player when he was dealt. or at least top 2.
Doom is not for us. Von,Champ,Wolfe are more crucial to our success than Doom.

plus we can replace him in the draft. the Pats drafts have sucked for quite some time and only last year did they semi turn it around.

TheReverend 04-13-2013 10:34 AM

They got an early first for Seymour.

We can't even get a comp pick for Elvis.

Seymour was exiled to Jokeland.

Elvis just went to the SB champs who stole a Lombardi from US for peanuts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3828565)
Seymour was potentially their best defensive player when he was dealt. or at least top 2.

plus we can replace him in the draft. the Pats drafts have sucked for quite some time and only last year did they semi turn it around.

Wolfe more crucial than Elvis has been! Ha!

You guys ****ing kill me!

rugbythug 04-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3828570)
They got an early first for Seymour.

We can't even get a comp pick for Elvis.

Seymour was exiled to Jokeland.

Elvis just went to the SB champs who stole a Lombardi from US for peanuts.

Wolfe more crucial than Elvis has been! Ha!

You guys ****ing kill me!

Rev I know you value the draft more than I do. Actually IMO the draft picks are way overvalued and every year we should look at moving a 5-7 pick for a player. Think the Browncos. However that aside. Do you think the Pats made a mistake?

Mogulseeker 04-13-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Wolfe is going to be a very, very good all-around defensive player... but I think Doom is more valuable than Wolfe.

Not saying losing Doom is as big of a deal as some people make it out to be, though.

TheReverend 04-13-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugbythug (Post 3828574)
Rev I know you value the draft more than I do. Actually IMO the draft picks are way overvalued and every year we should look at moving a 5-7 pick for a player. Think the Browncos. However that aside. Do you think the Pats made a mistake?

I do. Seymour was completely unstoppable sometimes even on Jokeland's front. They've lost two superbowls by 1 play... that's a disparity that Seymour could've easily overturned and then some.

...but I don't think it was NEARLY the mistake Denver made with Elvis.

DBroncos4life 04-13-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugbythug (Post 3828561)
When the Pats traded Seymour for a future first round pick it was pretty much universally thought of as a great move by Bellicheck. Personally I thought it was short sided. When you are trying to win a Championship in a given year you don't move a piece just to be better 3 years from now. In retrospect had the Pats not let him go I am confident they would have won a Lombardi. The problem with their team was the very thing Seymour gave them.

Lets hope that the Dumervil situation does not end up the same way.

I wish Dumervil gave us SB wins like Seymour did the Pats.

uplink 04-13-2013 10:48 AM

relevant article
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...eymour-trade-2

04-13-2013 10:55 AM

Ill take Von millers word over rush defense charts and jaded fans on what dumervil meant to this defense. Von said the most important reasons, much more than sacks and stops for loss.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...4ukBu8lDOHO9OA

razorwire77 04-13-2013 10:59 AM

So has the narrative and blame shifted to the front office for the Doom debacle and not his D-league agent's inability to operate a fax machine? What about Doom getting butt-hurt as a result and signing with the Ravens for less money? Also FO's fault?

OBF1 04-13-2013 11:16 AM

Threads like this make me want to quit the orangemane.

Flex Gunmetal 04-13-2013 12:01 PM

Is OP unaware that side, site, and sight aren't the same word?

TheReverend 04-13-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 3828602)

What about cite?

Flex Gunmetal 04-13-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3828604)
What about cite?

Hold me

rugbythug 04-13-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 3828602)

Home Sick with a 102 fever. Pardon my mistake. Pretentious a-hole

TheReverend 04-13-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugbythug (Post 3828639)

Apology unaccepted.

Flex Gunmetal 04-13-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugbythug (Post 3828639)

lols for days. don't ever change.

Popps 04-13-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

http://www.babies-cute.com/wp-conten...-Seriously.jpg

Kaylore 04-13-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3828640)
Apology unaccepted.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/s...13/SOTHERE.gif

pdaddy 04-13-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3828576)
I do. Seymour was completely unstoppable sometimes even on Jokeland's front. They've lost two superbowls by 1 play... that's a disparity that Seymour could've easily overturned and then some.

...but I don't think it was NEARLY the mistake Denver made with Elvis.

Seymour was on the team for the first one.

TheReverend 04-13-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdaddy (Post 3828695)
Seymour was on the team for the first one.

Oohhh, good call. Also notable, Seymour's compensation ended up netting Nate Solder.

Lestat 04-13-2013 10:46 PM

i just don't see Doom's production as being this huge hole we can never replace.
this team has drafted really well since Elway took over. i don't see Doom as such an important piece that it severely hampers our SB run. having him would have been ideal but DE is a insanely deep position in this draft and our defense is flexible enough to absorb the loss of Doom.

TD4HOF 04-14-2013 01:56 AM

If Doom had gotten hurt in August and missed the season, it would've been disappointing but hardly a roll over and die moment.

TheReverend 04-14-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD4HOF (Post 3828749)
If Doom had gotten hurt in August and missed the season, it would've been disappointing but hardly a roll over and die moment.

...is anyone calling it that?

rugbythug 04-14-2013 07:19 AM

Personally I don't think Doom has the same impact Seymour was having at the time. 80% of his production could be had at 1/3 of his original cost (doom). These are not that similar of cases. In reality this is simply a thought that tied back into this thread.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110658

A Fantasy GM Draft where the Broncos had the chance to trade for Jared Allen. Med made the case that it is not good to give up this much for an aging Allen. I disagree Allen would be the prototypical player I would want our our DE. This is not going to be a dynasty we are trying to squeeze a Lombardi out of the end of the Manning Era.