The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Who I'd like to see us take in the first round (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110623)

FantomForce 04-03-2013 09:32 AM

Who I'd like to see us take in the first round
 
Each year I am an uneducated fan that tries to guess our first round pick and each year I am reminded how uneducated I am, obviously no where near a NFL front office. Usually I am overtaken by "flashy" players but this year I would like us to take Jesse Williams the "Monster" or "Angry Aussie". I think he would be a great addition to our front line. But again I'm sure I'm way off, thoughts?

http://binaryapi.ap.org/51f45502fc9d...b7b50/512x.jpg

oubronco 04-03-2013 09:56 AM

I would be happy with that but I think they take a CB or LB

cmhargrove 04-03-2013 10:10 AM

Great player, and would certainly make me happy, but he doesn't fill a current need. I'd rather trade down than pick Williams in the first. We could really, really clean up if we had two picks in the second round and possibly snagged an extra pick in rounds 4-6.

55CrushEm 04-03-2013 10:39 AM

No way we go with a white guy with our first pick for the second straight year. Elway is too racist for that.

:~ohyah!:

Kaylore 04-03-2013 10:41 AM

I heard a scout on local radio say his feet aren't where they need to be to ever be more than average. Don't know if it's true. Just sharing what I heard.

t-diddy 04-03-2013 02:24 PM

I'll bet he's a "high motor" guy.....

Tombstone RJ 04-03-2013 02:32 PM

BPA which could be any number of players...

Rohirrim 04-03-2013 03:20 PM

I like Williams, but I have to agree with the idea of trading down. There's a lot of value in the second round of this draft. Unfortunately, our pick at 28 is a little late to be expecting much value.

Tombstone RJ 04-03-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3824859)
I like Williams, but I have to agree with the idea of trading down. There's a lot of value in the second round of this draft. Unfortunately, our pick at 28 is a little late to be expecting much value.

Unless a player falls that's not expected to be there. There's still tremendous value at 28. The Broncos could get the best RB in the draft or one of the top 2 safeties, or WRs, etc.

SonOfLe-loLang 04-03-2013 03:52 PM

I used to know this guy named Jesse Doody. Everytime I see the name Jesse, its the first thing that comes to mind.

I've pushed the conversation forward.

Lestat 04-03-2013 04:59 PM

not interested in a NT in round 1, round 2 is fine but round 1 no.
RB,DE,LB or S needs to be the play unless a sick CB,WR or OL falls.

Popps 04-03-2013 05:04 PM

Reminds me a little of Eddie Mac.

FantomForce 04-03-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-diddy (Post 3824823)
I'll bet he's a "high motor" guy.....

Dude takes it up a notch he's a "extreme motor" guy ;D;D:wiggle:

errand 04-03-2013 05:19 PM

USA Today consensus mock has us selecting Jesse Williams in 2nd round #60 overall.....

I will speculate (or dream, I guess)Broncos will pull off a madden type deal where they trade their #28 #92 and #124 picks for Cincy's #37 and #55 picks...they then use the three 2nd round picks (#37, #55, #60) and select in no particular order-

[] Zach Ertz TE Stanford
[] David Amerson CB NC State
[] Kevin Reddick MLB UNC

Cincy will select either Matt Elam if he falls to #28, or Kenny Vaccaro.....and with their two 3rd round picks (#86 and #92) they will take the best CB or S available perhaps Tyrann Mathieu who doubles as their punt returner, or TJ McDonald

then again, WTF do I know right?

FireFly 04-03-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3824893)
USA Today consensus mock has us selecting Jessie Williams in 2nd round #60 overall.....

I will speculate (or dream, I guess)Broncos will pull off a madden type deal where they trade their #28 #92 and #124 picks for Cincy's #37 and #55 picks...they then use the three 2nd round picks (#37, #55, #60) and select in no particular order-

[] Zach Ertz TE Stanford
[] David Amerson CB NC State
[] Kevin Reddick MLB UNC

That certainly would be a dream haul!

Sadly I don't think the broncos will be able to find a trading partner willing to give up good value for #28

errand 04-03-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireFly (Post 3824894)
That certainly would be a dream haul!

Sadly I don't think the broncos will be able to find a trading partner willing to give up good value for #28

I know it's a pipe dream, but that's what the pre-draft days are for amiright?

kent156 04-03-2013 05:36 PM

how about a safety that cover a tight end

Play2win 04-03-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3824893)
USA Today consensus mock has us selecting Jesse Williams in 2nd round #60 overall.....

I will speculate (or dream, I guess)Broncos will pull off a madden type deal where they trade their #28 #92 and #124 picks for Cincy's #37 and #55 picks...they then use the three 2nd round picks (#37, #55, #60) and select in no particular order-

[] Zach Ertz TE Stanford
[] David Amerson CB NC State
[] Kevin Reddick MLB UNC

Cincy will select either Matt Elam if he falls to #28, or Kenny Vaccaro.....and with their two 3rd round picks (#86 and #92) they will take the best CB or S available perhaps Tyrann Mathieu who doubles as their punt returner, or TJ McDonald

then again, WTF do I know right?

Not really regarding the actual players, but getting 3 2nd rounders is something I have been wanting us to do for a while. Here's to hoping that's how it turns out :thumbsup:

or 2 2nd rounders and at least a mid 3rd.

SonOfLe-loLang 04-03-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play2win (Post 3824902)
Not really regarding the actual players, but getting 3 2nd rounders is something I have been wanting us to do for a while. Here's to hoping that's how it turns out :thumbsup:

or 2 2nd rounders and at least a mid 3rd.

Alphonso Smith
Darcel McBath
Richard Quinn
FTW!

errand 04-03-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play2win (Post 3824902)
Not really regarding the actual players, but getting 3 2nd rounders is something I have been wanting us to do for a while. Here's to hoping that's how it turns out :thumbsup:

or two 2nd rounders and at least a mid 3rd.

#60 is our original one so Cincy would surrender two 2nd's for a 1st and a 3rd...and while I know the value chart crowd will say it's impossible, in my opinion if we can snag two of those 3 players, we'll be doing quite well if they pan out.

BroncoMan4ever 04-03-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3824859)
I like Williams, but I have to agree with the idea of trading down. There's a lot of value in the second round of this draft. Unfortunately, our pick at 28 is a little late to be expecting much value.

i think it is perfect placement for teams who are wanting a QB but don't want one in the top 10.

04-03-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-diddy (Post 3824823)
I'll bet he's a "high motor" guy.....

he is a good character, overachiever as well.

errand 04-03-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kent156 (Post 3824900)
how about a safety that cover a tight end

Amerson is 6'2" 195 lbs, and might be moved to safety by those teams who feel he can't stay with WR's who have close to Trindon Holliday speed....

Mediator12 04-03-2013 08:30 PM

Williams would be TREMENDOUS as a 4-3 NT in JDR's scheme, but alas his value is dropping not going up at 28. Kid can play and he never takes plays off despite getting doubled most of the time. He is my favorite DT/NT in this draft and there are a LOT of Great ones. His best tape is playing 5 tech next to Josh Chapman a year ago. They absolutely mauled OL for 60 minutes. I would be stoked with his value and scheme fit, the OM would implode ;D

pricejj 04-03-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediator12 (Post 3824938)
Williams would be TREMENDOUS as a 4-3 NT in JDR's scheme, but alas his value is dropping not going up at 28. Kid can play and he never takes plays off despite getting doubled most of the time. He is my favorite DT/NT in this draft and there are a LOT of Great ones. His best tape is playing 5 tech next to Josh Chapman a year ago. They absolutely mauled OL for 60 minutes. I would be stoked with his value and scheme fit, the OM would implode ;D

Ahhh 2011, what a great year. Jesse Williams had 24 tackles, and 0.5 sack. :spit:

With 32" arms, I would actually be surprised if he went before #50. I could see somebody taking a flyer on him in the 2nd round seeing him as a solid NT.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.