The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sports Authority Field Upgrades (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110619)

LetsGoBroncos 04-02-2013 02:03 PM

Sports Authority Field Upgrades
 
I haven't seen much discussion on this but I think this is pretty sweet. Significant upgrades.

http://www.9news.com/shows/evenings/...illion-upgrade

Rabb 04-02-2013 02:20 PM

/he's broke

OBF1 04-02-2013 02:24 PM

Rumors must be true, Bowlen is selling the team. Oh the humanity

24champ 04-02-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 3824293)
/he's broke

Bowlen's not paying for it. The money's been collected from the stadium tax.

Kaylore 04-02-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champ (Post 3824303)
Bowlen's not paying for it. The money's been collected from the stadium tax.

That PROVES he's broke!

Kaylore 04-02-2013 02:31 PM

This is cool:

Quote:

Perhaps the most compelling part of the project is the soon to be new giant LED scoreboard on the field's south end.
"Eventually we will have a video LED board that covers the entire face of it," Gorchov said.
The board will be about 220 feet long and 40 feet high. Once it's complete, it's expected to be the 3rd to 4th largest stadium scoreboard in the United States.

Rabb 04-02-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champ (Post 3824303)
Bowlen's not paying for it. The money's been collected from the stadium tax.

cool, I was joking

Rabb 04-02-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3824308)
This is cool:

I can't wait to see the same god damn respect video, in this glory!!!!

Flex Gunmetal 04-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 3824312)
I can't wait to see the same god damn respect video, in this glory!!!!

haha no kidding.

Kaylore 04-02-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 3824312)
I can't wait to see the same god damn respect video, in this glory!!!!

I hope we get to see Jake Jabbs peddling a credenza with a leopard on it!

Rabb 04-02-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3824315)
I hope we get to see Jake Jabbs peddling a credenza with a leopard on it!

CLADY CHAMP ELWAY, JAKE!!!!!

KipCorrington25 04-02-2013 06:52 PM

On that new screen the pee stains running down Rahim Moore's leg will be 30 feet tall!

Mogulseeker 04-02-2013 07:08 PM

Bout time. The sound in that stadium is awful.

When you're in the upper level, you just finally give up trying to understand with Alan Roach is saying. It makes you a better football watcher, because you always know who made the tackle, because you can never understand the name over the sound system.

Jetmeck 04-02-2013 07:32 PM

That LED screen sounds awesome .... when will it be installed ?

OBF1 04-02-2013 08:08 PM

It is being wired and worked on now, Should be finished before preseason.

broncocalijohn 04-02-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3824439)
On that new screen the pee stains running down Rahim Moore's leg will be 30 feet tall!

Lucky he doesn't play in Dallas or it would be 50 feet long! Cowboys can have the biggest as long as we have the trophy.

cubuffs24 04-02-2013 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3824468)
It is being wired and worked on now, Should be finished before preseason.

Attachment 32213


You can see updates on the stadium's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SportsAuthorityFieldAtMileHigh

cubuffs24 04-02-2013 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another picture, courtesy of: https://www.facebook.com/SportsAuthorityFieldAtMileHigh

Attachment 32214

Irish Stout 04-02-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champ (Post 3824303)
Bowlen's not paying for it. The money's been collected from the stadium tax.

Isn't most of it the money Sports Authority committed to pay when it bought the naming rights?

Los Broncos 04-02-2013 10:04 PM

Tickets about to go up?

Lestat 04-02-2013 10:14 PM

sweetness.

Tombstone RJ 04-02-2013 10:28 PM

zackly what Sports Authority needs, more friggen tvs... tell ya what Pat, just fill me up with a boat load of beer because sport authority field will never compare to Mile High Stadium, no matter how many gimmicks and smoke and mirrors you put in that place. You can only cater to the wine and cheese crowd so much before the entire experience becames an exercise in fan futility....

Jetmeck 04-02-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3824505)
zackly what Sports Authority needs, more friggen tvs... tell ya what Pat, just fill me up with a boat load of beer because sport authority field will never compare to Mile High Stadium, no matter how many gimmicks and smoke and mirrors you put in that place. You can only cater to the wine and cheese crowd so much before the entire experience becames an exercise in fan futility....


I don't think you get it.

24champ 04-03-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Stout (Post 3824479)
Isn't most of it the money Sports Authority committed to pay when it bought the naming rights?

From my understanding, most of the money for the upgrades is from an account that was paid into annually from some of the Metropolitan Football Stadium District taxes/naming rights monies. They've been planning on upgrading the stadium prior to the naming rights deal with Sports Authority.

The naming rights deal is 6 million a year, and half of that goes to the Broncos and the other half goes to the Stadium District, which adds up to 6 million dollars in the last 2 years from SA to the Stadium District to use for upkeep.

04-03-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3824315)
I hope we get to see Jake Jabbs peddling a credenza with a leopard on it!

Best non porn porn name ever.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.