The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Draft Question and Adding future pick (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110618)

NFLBRONCO 04-02-2013 10:25 AM

Draft Question and Adding future pick

How would you grade this draft overall for top 3 rounds?

I know we are in win now mode but, when do we start stockpiling a few future picks. Denver has alot of decisions to make in 2014.

04-02-2013 10:45 AM

I think this is the type of draft where you would be better of having lots of mid round picks, and truly believe this is a fairly deep draft class, especially at some positions of need.

I would not be upset at all with trading down and acquiring some extra picks this year.

OBF1 04-02-2013 10:50 AM

What is this stockpiling picks crap?

Use what you have, Denver has holes today that need to be filled right now, They also have to address the future now as well. Every draft is done like this.... Hence the picking of Brock last year, Did we really need to spend a high round draft pick with Manning in town? NO

Stockpiling picks is for those that do not have a clear picture of a current draft class... Throw enough players in camp and some of them will stick.

How about "Un stockpiling" picks, by this I mean use the later round picks, packaged together and move up for higher talent players.

OBF1 04-02-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3824218)
I think this is the type of draft where you would be better of having lots of mid round picks, and truly believe this is a fairly deep draft class, especially at some positions of need.

I would not be upset at all with trading down and acquiring some extra picks this year.

He stated stockpiling picks for later years... Not in this draft.

04-02-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3824221)
What is this stockpiling picks crap?

Use what you have, Denver has holes today that need to be filled right now, They also have to address the future now as well. Every draft is done like this.... Hence the picking of Brock last year, Did we really need to spend a high round draft pick with Manning in town? NO

Stockpiling picks is for those that do not have a clear picture of a current draft class... Throw enough players in camp and some of them will stick.

How about "Un stockpiling" picks, by this I mean use the later round picks, packaged together and move up for higher talent players.

I was offering a different perspective on my take of how to address this draft.. I would not package picks and move up in this draft. I would personally try to acquire another second, third, or fourth in this draft..

gyldenlove 04-02-2013 06:31 PM

The 1st round in this draft is weak. Of the 4 premier positions (QB, LT, pass rusher, shut down CB) there doesn't appear to be a single QB with a strong 1st round grade, there are 2 top LTs which is decent but not outstanding, there is not a single outstanding pass rusher and only 1 shut down CB.

There is a real lack of true blue chip prospect, almost every player has question marks.

In terms of depth this draft is solid in round 2, but round 3 looks like it could be pretty weak. Right now there are about 40-45 players who could go in round 1 in terms of talent.

NFLBRONCO 04-03-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3824448)
The 1st round in this draft is weak. Of the 4 premier positions (QB, LT, pass rusher, shut down CB) there doesn't appear to be a single QB with a strong 1st round grade, there are 2 top LTs which is decent but not outstanding, there is not a single outstanding pass rusher and only 1 shut down CB.

There is a real lack of true blue chip prospect, almost every player has question marks.

In terms of depth this draft is solid in round 2, but round 3 looks like it could be pretty weak. Right now there are about 40-45 players who could go in round 1 in terms of talent.

This is why I think FO should should aquire a 14 high pick and a 13 pick that's better value. Everyone wants to stay put because Manning window well avg player at 28 guarantees nothing in that window.

Lestat 04-05-2013 01:43 PM

moving back or moving certain pieces is the way to gain more picks in the future but i think Elway likes to move back and gain more current picks to have flexibility to move around in the current draft and deal with next year afterwards.