The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kevin Ware breaks leg (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110609)

Los Broncos 04-01-2013 04:53 AM

Kevin Ware breaks leg

Anyone see the gruesome footage? Hard to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoSV...e_gdata_player

04-01-2013 06:21 AM

That **** was awful. It literally made my surgically repaired ankle hurt watching that.

Los Broncos 04-01-2013 06:22 AM

You can almost hear it break, pretty awful.

srphoenix 04-01-2013 07:50 AM

i would've puked all over the court if I was a louisville player. That was horrific to watch. Hope the guy gets well soon!

HILife 04-01-2013 08:06 AM

O.M.G.

Beantown Bronco 04-01-2013 08:17 AM

Best comment under the video: Oh snap!

Doggcow 04-01-2013 08:22 AM

At least it wasn't because of a cheap shot or anything and was 100% on him. Would suck to be a guy that injured someone like that.

ZONA 04-01-2013 10:31 AM

I saw it live and wanted to post this yesterday but forgot. Louisville frickin killed Duke. Wasn't even a good game really, that's how dominant Louisville was. Nobody is stopping them this year. Might as well crown those kids right now.

The break was raunchy to see. I'm still not even sure why it broke. I've never seen a leg do that with nobody hitting a guy or a leg getting caught up in thick turf. Unreal how that happened on a basketball course on a pretty much normal type of play you see a thousand times a game.

That One Guy 04-01-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3823916)
I saw it live and wanted to post this yesterday but forgot. Louisville frickin killed Duke. Wasn't even a good game really, that's how dominant Louisville was. Nobody is stopping them this year. Might as well crown those kids right now.

The break was raunchy to see. I'm still not even sure why it broke. I've never seen a leg do that with nobody hitting a guy or a leg getting caught up in thick turf. Unreal how that happened on a basketball course on a pretty much normal type of play you see a thousand times a game.

You put your jinx away and keep it put away!

And I saw it happen but don't think I realized the severity at the time. I thought it was either a broken ankle or a blown out knee as it appeared the leg just rolled up. I don't want to rewatch to see exactly but it seemed like just a case of misjudging the landing and rolling his ankle all at the same time.

milehighJC 04-01-2013 12:52 PM

Horrible thing to watch. I have to wonder if there was something already wrong with his leg. It was not an unusual looking landing.

My middle daughter broke her ankle in gymnastics - just on a landing, a similar situation. We discovered she had a bone lesion - on the x-ray it looked like something had just taken a bite out of the bone. That weakened that spot, and when she landed it broke. Fortunately, hers was not a compound fracture. They wound up doing a bone graft, and its better than new now, but it was a tough thing for her to go through.

Hopefully he is able to recover fully, but I would not be surprised if basketball was over for him. Very sad.

04-01-2013 01:18 PM

I didn't watch the video, just like I don't ever want to see McGahee get nuked every again, or see Clint Malarchuk spray from the carotid..

but you have to wonder if this kids has some underlying illness that caused this to happen... both bones in a healthy kids leg don't break in a open fracture very easily, I sure hope he recovers well... sad to hear it for this young man.

Mogulseeker 04-01-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3823837)
That **** was awful. It literally made my surgically repaired ankle hurt watching that.

It literally made my surgically-repaired humerus hurt:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...44970577_n.jpg

I'm sure his leg will look like this in the next couple days. The trouble with him is that he cant put any pressure on it... this is like a 2-year rehabbing type thing.

Mogulseeker 04-01-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Large (Post 3823961)
I didn't watch the video, just like I don't ever want to see McGahee get nuked every again, or see Clint Malarchuk spray from the carotid..

but you have to wonder if this kids has some underlying illness that caused this to happen... both bones in a healthy kids leg don't break in a open fracture very easily, I sure hope he recovers well... sad to hear it for this young man.

That's precisely what I thought. That wasn't a hard landing or anything...

Inkana7 04-01-2013 03:18 PM

Was watching the game live with my family when that happened. Just insane. I've never seen a sports injury that bad looking. The reaction of the players and coaches says it all. Just sick for that kid.

Lestat 04-01-2013 04:26 PM

that made every bone in my body shiver when i saw that. I hope he makes a full recovery.

gunns 04-01-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3823916)

It was nasty, I can't imagine seeing it in person. Appeared he came down on his foot wrong, not sure because I have to look away whenever it gets to that part.

Louisville has basically dominated everyone they've played. Defense, it wins championships in basketball too.

55CrushEm 04-01-2013 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was on facebook.....

Attachment 32211

gunns 04-01-2013 05:11 PM

OMG! I could see that the bone was sticking out when he was laying there but nothing that graphic. Poor kid.

Lestat 04-01-2013 06:26 PM

man take that picture down. that's just ugh!!

That One Guy 04-01-2013 07:16 PM

I've seen articles today where doctors are saying the same things everyone here is saying: It had to be some underlying issue to happen like that. Some are theorizing maybe it was stress fractures that softened it up or a bad diet that left them porous.

Yikes on the picture, though. It snuck up on me.

Lestat 04-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3824062)
I've seen articles today where doctors are saying the same things everyone here is saying: It had to be some underlying issue to happen like that. Some are theorizing maybe it was stress fractures that softened it up or a bad diet that left them porous.

Yikes on the picture, though. It snuck up on me.

what was he doing eating nothing but sugar and cheese doodles?
that's a hell of a bad diet to snap a bone like that on a somewhat regular landing.

pricejj 04-01-2013 08:03 PM

Not bad. At least it was a clean break.

His whole body was probably stiff trying to reach for the block. He came down before he expected to. That torque, combined with his long skinny legs is what did it.