The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Raiders about to trade for Matt Flynn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110596)

03-29-2013 01:27 PM

Raiders about to trade for Matt Flynn

According to Ian Rappaport on NFL Network.

Amazing. 2 of the top 3 teams in the draft trade for a QB and apparently the Jags are strongly considering not taking a QB either.

Never seen this in the draft before. This QB class is terrible.

DBroncos4life 03-29-2013 01:30 PM

Really when you have Flynn and Alex Smith as two of the three QB's you face in your division do you really need a pass rush? Then you think remember the other QB you face has like one returning starter on the OL. LOL

Anikai 03-29-2013 01:33 PM

Typical Al Davis move.

SouthStndJunkie 03-29-2013 01:37 PM

Wow, the Raiders got a lot of return on investment from Carlson Palmer.

OBF1 03-29-2013 01:40 PM

And it only cost them their draft future for Palmer. I wish Al would have lived to be 100

Br0nc0Buster 03-29-2013 01:43 PM

A 1st and a 2nd for averageish play for a year and a half....

Jesus that I think this has to be the worst trade in NFL history

Now they are gonna trade for another team's backup

I dont see how Oakland is not the worst team in the league this year
There is nothing good about that team

bronco militia 03-29-2013 01:45 PM

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content...sonpresser.jpg

SouthStndJunkie 03-29-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3823119)

They dig him up for that picture?

peacepipe 03-29-2013 01:50 PM

Alex is no Payton manning nor is he a tom Brady,but he is far better than cassel or any QB they've had since Trent green. Say what you want about Alex Smith but he is quite an improvement over cassel.
As far as Flynn is concerned,the jury is still out but from what little I've seen,he's improvement over Carson.
The raiders & chiefs have upgraded their QB position,Andy Reid is no slouch when it comes to developing/working with QBs.

Requiem 03-29-2013 01:50 PM

They gave up a first and second for Flynn!? NO WAY!?

bronco militia 03-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3823120)

nope

socalorado 03-29-2013 02:00 PM

Next years QB draft class is gonna be filled with elite, big time NFL calibur talent.
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech- Dude is 6'6 260 and has a cannon. An even bigger Cam Newton clone.
Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia- Just plain ol good. Kind of a bigger Drew Brees.
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville - Kid is gonna be a superstar. Just oooozes with big time, NFL talent. This kid could make an even bigger impact as a rookie than both RG3 and Tyler Wilson.
Tyler Bray- Another 6'6, big armed passer.

And Chokeland trades away even more of what they already are in short supply of for a back-up.

Requiem 03-29-2013 02:05 PM

Tyler Bray declared this year, socalorado!

Smiling Assassin27 03-29-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3823120)

That's Al in his prime. :~ohyah!:

OBF1 03-29-2013 02:08 PM

I think the 1st and 2nd were for Palmer

03-29-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalorado (Post 3823130)
Next years QB draft class is gonna be filled with elite, big time NFL calibur talent.
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech- Dude is 6'6 260 and has a cannon. An even bigger Cam Newton clone.
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville - Kid is gonna be a superstar. Just oooozes with big time, NFL talent. This kid could make an even bigger impact as a rookie than both RG3 and Tyler Wilson.

And Chokeland trades away even more of what they already are in short supply of for a back-up.

It all depends on how they do next year.

Matt Barkley was a for sure top 10 pick in last years draft and Geno Smith was the best player in college football until late October.

Lot of things change in a year.

socalorado 03-29-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3823138)
It all depends on how they do next year.

Matt Barkley was a for sure top 10 pick in last years draft and Geno Smith was the best player in college football until late October.

Lot of things change in a year.

I am just sayin that most analysts and fans will agree that next years QB class is looking like its filled with some serious talent and instead of drafting and developing players, Chokeland once again does its annual "go trade away picks for some random QB" move just before the season starts.

Tombstone RJ 03-29-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

:yayaya: !Booya!

Kaylore 03-29-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3823119)

http://www.fujikoma.com/unico/evilkuru5.jpg

SouthStndJunkie 03-29-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3823123)
They gave up a first and second for Flynn!? NO WAY!?

A 1st and a 2nd is what they gave up for Carlson Palmer.

If they do the same for Matt Flynn then they need to be kicked out of the NFL for stupidity.

Reggie McKenzie won't give up more than a 3rd round pick for Matt Flynn.

Jetmeck 03-29-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3823122)
Alex is no Payton manning nor is he a tom Brady,but he is far better than cassel or any QB they've had since Trent green. Say what you want about Alex Smith but he is quite an improvement over cassel.
As far as Flynn is concerned,the jury is still out but from what little I've seen,he's improvement over Carson.
The raiders & chiefs have upgraded their QB position,Andy Reid is no slouch when it comes to developing/working with QBs.

I think you are dead wrong...Alex Smith was a first rounder who struggled to stay on the field and off the bench until coming to SF which has a stout defense and consistent run game.

Cassell had one good year in NE................

They both will end up the same with mediocre talent in KC...........

gyldenlove 03-29-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

AJ Mccarron from Bama, he has won 2 BCS championships already and I will be damned if I don't like his odds of making it a hattrick. There is going to be a fair amount of people in the league who will get some really awkward feelings about him.

Conklin 03-29-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3823191)
I think you are dead wrong...Alex Smith was a first rounder who struggled to stay on the field and off the bench until coming to SF which has a stout defense and consistent run game.

Cassell had one good year in NE................

They both will end up the same with mediocre talent in KC...........

This thread is full of fail. Alex Smith was drafted by the 49'ers.

03-29-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conklin (Post 3823197)

Anything raider oriented will attract fail.

errand 03-29-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conklin (Post 3823197)

I was gonna say.....

In fairness to Alex Smith, he had like 3 HC's and 5 OC's (not sure of the numbers, but the 49ers had no continuity or stability for him)

However his two seasons under Harbaugh saw him lead the 49ers to NFCCG and he also played quite well before being replaced by Kaepernick.

He will never be a Peyton Manning, but on the right team he can become a Phil Simms