The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marcus Lattimore, intrested? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110591)

kamakazi_kal 03-28-2013 10:35 AM

Marcus Lattimore, intrested?

He had a horrid injury but top 3 draft talent. Anyone intrested in a chance pick by Denver if the cost is a 2nd or 3rd pick?

Cosmo 03-28-2013 10:38 AM

I'd take him in a heartbeat in the 3rd.

BroncoMan4ever 03-28-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal (Post 3822502)
He had a horrid injury but top 3 draft talent. Anyone intrested in a chance pick by Denver if the cost is a 2nd or 3rd pick?

not interested before the 5th. if we are going to spend a 2nd on a back it had better be Le'Veon Bell who is the best in the draft

BroncoMan4ever 03-28-2013 10:55 AM

this isn't even the first bad knee injury, and there is actual belief that he didn't come back fully after the first injury, now he has another more severe injury. we need a guy who can play and contribute now, not a guy who can play in a year or 2

SonOfLe-loLang 03-28-2013 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)

SleepingTiger 03-28-2013 11:33 AM

Is Lattimore case anywhere similar to Mcgahee? I remember Mcgahee was top 5 pick before the injury.

Heyneck 03-28-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepingTiger (Post 3822545)
Is Lattimore case anywhere similar to Mcgahee? I remember Mcgahee was top 5 pick before the injury.

Lattimore was better. But Lattimore has 2 serious injuries already. Still, modern medicine has greatly evolved over the last decade. Injuries that once where thought to be career ending have longer odds of recovering the previous level of health and performance. Some people heal differently. AP said that while most of his recovery was all about the proper mindset and health care, his genes also had something to do with it. If that is the case then Lattimore must be a similar case in the sense that his development since the injury has been nothing short of incredible.

The injury was nasty, but the kid is on pace to exceed expectations for his recovery time. He has that Do Work mentality, and is humble as they come. I would seriously consider him at the end of the 2nd round. If not for the injury he would be a top 10 pick, and best RB by a mile. Sure 2 injuries can scare any FO, but we are talking about potential greatness here. I have no doubt that a team with a pair of 2nds will take a shot at him.

Denver Bronco56 03-28-2013 01:27 PM

Having had the privilege of being a student at USC and watching him play the last two years, he is AMAZING. he has all the tools you look for in a HB, can catch an block and obviously tote the rock.

If he is where they say he is in terms of being ahead of schedule and with modern medicine he would be a steal in the 2nd

SleepingTiger 03-28-2013 02:05 PM

Here in Dallas, every saturday morning on my way to the lake for some fishing, we have a radio show with a surgeon for the Dallas Mavericks. According to him, the technology is the same 5-10yrs ago when it comes to ACL surgery, the only difference is the recovery time. His idea was in past years, patients would rush the recovery time thus causing problems. He said recovery time should be minimum 9 months.

Chris 03-28-2013 02:20 PM

What if we just give every other team president a free Rolls Royce, then get an extra 2nd rounder to draft this guy?

DBroncos4life 03-28-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3822514)
not interested before the 5th. if we are going to spend a 2nd on a back it had better be Le'Veon Bell who is the best in the draft

Bell isn't better then Lat or Lacy period.

Mogulseeker 03-28-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 (Post 3822622)
Having had the privilege of being a student at USC and watching him play the last two years, he is AMAZING. he has all the tools you look for in a HB, can catch an block and obviously tote the rock.

If he is where they say he is in terms of being ahead of schedule and with modern medicine he would be a steal in the 2nd

Alma mater bias.

I attended DU with Paul Stastny, and I was convinced he was the next Wayne Gretzky. He won the Hobey Baker (the hockey equivalent to the Heisman), went in the second round, he's a solid starter, occasional NHL All-Pro, certainly not a franchise player.

I'd like to see us pick up Hunt/T'eo in the first... a good, physical corner in the 2nd... and a RB/DT in the 3rd/4th.

BroncoMan4ever 03-28-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3822649)
Bell isn't better then Lat or Lacy period.

Give me a break. Lacy is another big school player rated high due to his college team. Lacy is just this years Mark Ingram. Has mediocrity written all over him. And pre-injury I'd agree with you about Lattimore, but when it has been mentioned he never fully came back from the first injury why is he being touted so much after a 2nd much worse injury

cmhargrove 03-28-2013 04:12 PM

Damn!
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net...30d7da20_large

03-28-2013 04:24 PM

like i've said a million times, not powerful, fast, or elusive. runs too high to bull over defenders, runs too slow to blow past them. he's no mcgahee (circa 2002)

2KBack 03-28-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3822709)
like i've said a million times, not powerful, fast, or elusive. runs too high to bull over defenders, runs too slow to blow past them. he's no mcgahee (circa 2002)

Seriously, Lattimore was nothing close to College Mcgahee. Willis was looking like an all-timer, like Bo Jackson level athlete.

ZONA 03-28-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal (Post 3822502)

I hope you were referring to top 3 as in he would be one of the 3 best RB's to come out. Not as in, he would have been the 3rd overall pick, because that would be complete BS.

Sure there's interest. I guess some on here have said he's much further along in his rehab them most thought and that he could probably contribute mid season. For me it would depend on if the Broncos moved down out of the 1st and were able to pick up say a late round 2nd pick. I would be more accepting of the Broncos using a late 2nd pick on him if they had still yet another 2nd round pick to use on DL. If you could land him in the 3rd great. I know there was talk about him possibly sliding to the 4th but since he's so far along I really doubt that happens now.

ZONA 03-28-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3822697)
Give me a break. Lacy is another big school player rated high due to his college team. Lacy is just this years Mark Ingram. Has mediocrity written all over him. And pre-injury I'd agree with you about Lattimore, but when it has been mentioned he never fully came back from the first injury why is he being touted so much after a 2nd much worse injury

I think Trent Richardson turned out to have quite a good rookie year. Why aren't you screaming big college on him. Just because a guy went to a big school doesn't mean he was only good because there were alot of good players around him.

Anikai 03-28-2013 04:50 PM

We're in win now mode, so we'll spend a 3rd rd on him and let him redshirt his rookie year. There is no plan B

Anikai 03-28-2013 04:52 PM

I'd rather have:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...eveon-bell.jpg

ZONA 03-28-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anikai (Post 3822722)

We already have a guy obsessed with hurdling defensive players :rofl:

KipCorrington25 03-28-2013 05:36 PM

I hope he's not here because I don't want to see replays of that injury posted in every thread.

DBroncos4life 03-28-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3822697)

Sorry I didn't know Michigan State was a small time college. Lacy is faster and has about 5000 less touches then Bell coming out of college as well. As for saying Lattimore never fully came back from his pre injury is just silly. He tore his left knee up on October 15 of 2011 and was back playing football again just 10 months later. Was he 100% maybe not yet he still rushed 23 times for 110 yards and 2 scores. Later on that season he carried the ball 24 times vs a very good Georgia D for 109 yards and a score. He tore his right knee on October 27. Our first game won't be till 9/08/13. That is more then enough time for him to be back. Denver could easily ease him into the start of the season and have him ready to carry the bulk of the carries by mid season.

rmsanger 03-28-2013 06:00 PM

not a fan of this rb class, meh.

Lestat 03-28-2013 06:11 PM

Bell is not better than Lacy,Bernard,Franklin,Ellington,Randle or Ball.
he has a chance to be a very good back but he's not better than the other backs in this draft. the people who're trumpeting him as such are basing it on his size.

he is not even close to being the best back in this draft.