The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It's all Over (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110585)

03-27-2013 10:11 PM

It's all Over

Well I was banking on this whole Mayan thing in December and well gambled and lost. Now I have to go through with my commitment. In roughly 60 or so hours I'm taking the plunge and gettin' hitched.

And no Rev, she doesn't want me to move to Myrtle Beach after we're married, has both high school/post secondary education and a solid steady job.

Probably knew I had to marry this one when she got me a trip to Denver and row 11 tickets for the home opener in 2011 for my birthday that year.

Not likely, or actually flat out won't, to change anything at this point but any advice to keeping her happy (other than doing what I'm told) would certainly be welcome.

SoCalBronco 03-27-2013 10:14 PM

Congrats man :)

baja 03-27-2013 10:17 PM

Listen to her and don't tell her how to fix the issue. Women want someone to listen and that is all.

ghwk 03-27-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3822305)
Listen to her and don't tell her how to fix the issue. Women want someone to listen and that is all.

Oh, but they will tell you how to fix YOUR issue!

Willynowei 03-27-2013 10:39 PM

Guide her toward female friends who have bums/garbage boyfriend/husbands or are alone all the time, this way she will always have continued external reminders of how lucky she is to have you.

Houshyamama 03-27-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willynowei (Post 3822307)
Guide her toward female friends who have bums/garbage boyfriend/husbands or are alone all the time, this way she will always have continued external reminders of how lucky she is to have you.

This is evil genius right here.

It also introduces a metric **** ton of drama into your life.

Oh and congrats!

Ziggy 03-27-2013 10:44 PM

Yeah. Don't get your marraige advice from an internet sports forum.

ZONA 03-27-2013 11:28 PM

Things women most care about. Not every woman is the same but these few things most women care deeply about.

#1 - Attention. This is the one thing women will not give an inch on. You start neglecting them or spending too much time with friends, or work, or whatever, and you're in trouble. You can put other things into this category such as listening, taking them out once in awhile but they all come down to just paying her attention.

#2 - Financial security. They want to feel safe and taken care of and that things are in order. Nobody says you have to be rich or make millions of dollars but live within your budget. Don't live like a king if you don't make bank like a king.

#3 - Don't be a push over. Women will test you all the time. Sorta like kids test their parents. You start being a wimpy push over and they lose interest. Don't have to be that bad biker guy with 20 tats and a rap sheet but just do some small things like order for her once in awhile. Tell her to wear something that you want her to wear. They'll act like they don't like this but inside they love the **** out of that stuff.

That's it. Good luck and congrats dude.

theAPAOps5 03-27-2013 11:30 PM

You are right, I am wrong, I am sorry.

The above line, learn it, live it, love it. If you look at her cheekbones when you say it, it appears you are looking her in the eye.

In all seriousness. When you look back on almost every argument you will have with your bride, you will realize how ridiculous they are. Try to remember that as you are having them. Easier said than done. Really if you communicate, you won't have too many problems

Congrats!

Jason in LA 03-28-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3822305)

Based on Baja's advice from the Myrtile Beach thread, I wouldn't listen to this.

Sorry Baja, I couldn't resist. Lol

Rother8 03-28-2013 12:41 AM

I'm curious on this as I am not married. Has the idea of getting a fake ring ever popped into you married folks' heads? I mean, it's not like she's gonna get it tested.. And if s*** did hit the fan when she went to get it pawned you'd probably get the last laugh. And I'm not talking like a complete fake, make it believable with some nice silver or some fake gold or something else nice. Random question..anyways- congrats there, boss.

03-28-2013 12:42 AM

You have started down a path that many before you have followed and that can end only one way.

Regretting that you didnt stay single.

Los Broncos 03-28-2013 12:49 AM

My psychologist told me that women just want attention.

Archer81 03-28-2013 12:58 AM

Congrats on getting married.

You know your woman better than we ever will. If she knows you well enough to buy tickets to Denver and a Broncos game, then you should probably know her well enough to do what she likes too.

It's not rocket surgery. Geeze.

:Broncos:

ZONA 03-28-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rother8 (Post 3822321)
I'm curious on this as I am not married. Has the idea of getting a fake ring ever popped into you married folks' heads? I mean, it's not like she's gonna get it tested.. And if s*** did hit the fan when she went to get it pawned you'd probably get the last laugh. And I'm not talking like a complete fake, make it believable with some nice silver or some fake gold or something else nice. Random question..anyways- congrats there, boss.

Yeah right. It's not like it was 50 years ago when a man picks out a ring and presents it. And if he does, the sentiment is appreciated but believe me, you'll be bringing it back and she will be picking out the ring she really wants.

03-28-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan (Post 3822303)
Well I was banking on this whole Mayan thing in December and well gambled and lost. Now I have to go through with my commitment. In roughly 60 or so hours I'm taking the plunge and gettin' hitched.

And no Rev, she doesn't want me to move to Myrtle Beach after we're married, has both high school/post secondary education and a solid steady job.

Probably knew I had to marry this one when she got me a trip to Denver and row 11 tickets for the home opener in 2011 for my birthday that year.

Not likely, or actually flat out won't, to change anything at this point but any advice to keeping her happy (other than doing what I'm told) would certainly be welcome.

Unless you are over 40 or the lady is pregnant you are a ****ing idiot getting married.

congratulations. :thumbs:

ZONA 03-28-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3822327)
Unless you are over 40 or the lady is pregnant you are a ****ing idiot getting married.

congratulations. :thumbs:

That's about as ignorant a comment as I've seen. There are plenty of happy couples in their 20's and 30's. It may not be for you but to say it's not for anybody else is stupid.

03-28-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3822329)
That's about as ignorant a comment as I've seen. There are plenty of happy couples in their 20's and 30's. It may not be for you but to say it's not for anybody else is stupid.

20's-30's is a long way from the rest of your life.

Best of luck to the OP though.

LongDongJohnson 03-28-2013 01:42 AM

Keep her satisfied in bed.

03-28-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3822329)

you marry you are stupid. Go buy a gun and shoot yourself in the nuts and then rub tabasco sauce on what's left of your junk. That will only hint at the kind of pain you are in for.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 03-28-2013 03:00 AM

Motivate by example.

If you want her to look good and stay fit, join a gym and go together.

And so forth, and so on. Holding yourself to an implied high standard through actions (not words) will be most effective in applying subtle pressure on her to keep up. This applies to pretty much any concept. In the end, everyone wins.

And the secret to marriage and life is simple: Find the time. No matter what needs doing or what should be done. Find the time. If you don't, you'll fail.

Crushaholic 03-28-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

If diamonds are a girl's best friend, don't you think she would notice if her best friend was fake?

03-28-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3822336)
Motivate by example.

If you want her to look good and stay fit, join a gym and go together.

And so forth, and so on. Holding yourself to an implied high standard through actions (not words) will be most effective in applying subtle pressure on her to keep up. This applies to pretty much any concept. In the end, everyone wins.

And the secret to marriage and life is simple: Find the time. No matter what needs doing or what should be done. Find the time. If you don't, you'll fail.

Yeah, that's great join a gym where she can take private lessons from Raul in the sauna.

bowtown 03-28-2013 03:32 AM

Women like to make sandwiches. Make sure to ask her for one at least once a day to keep her feeling useful.

And congrats.

Meck77 03-28-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

A marriage based on deception at the exact moment you commit sounds like an outstanding idea!

Congrats Man!

All the best!