The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL Network - America's Game - 1998 Broncos (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110583)

ZONA 03-27-2013 11:47 AM

NFL Network - America's Game - 1998 Broncos
 
Saw this on TV last night. Could be playing more times during the rest of the week. Frickin awesome. What a stud team that was.

cousinal11 03-27-2013 12:06 PM

I live on East Coast and its on today @ 5pm Eastern. After that the next time it airs is on Tuesday, April 2.

03-27-2013 12:12 PM

I have that one copied, great times!!

ZONA 03-27-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3822048)
I have that one copied, great times!!

I love how we b**** slapped Marino and Miami in the mouth after they ruined our streak. It brought back great memories. I had forgotten how we almost blew it in the playoffs to the Jets. We all were like, what's goin on. Then they came back in that 2nd half and destroyed them. And then losing Sharpe so early in the Superbowl and still killing the dirty birds, haha.

And they pointed out also that since Davis had so many yards early in alot of his games that he sat out the equivalent of 2 full games and still went over 200 yards in the season. I bet he would have had at least 200 more yards if he had played more. Still, can't complain, most total yards in 1 full season including playoffs by a RB ever. His career was short but he did it all (Leage MVP, Superbowl MVP, 2000K club, 2 Superbowl wins, Probowls).

Smilin Assassin 03-27-2013 01:23 PM

Just an amazing team. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago.

SleepingTiger 03-27-2013 02:29 PM

thanks... just programed my dvr to record it!

Rocket 7 03-27-2013 03:51 PM

1997 team video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKgVt3PS3Vs

Americas Game 1997
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZWjsHT_mQ

1998 team video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSETkr_wopM

Americas Game 1998
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qhXe6_pkS0

cousinal11 03-27-2013 04:13 PM

8 out of 11 offensive starters were 6th Rd. or later.

55CrushEm 03-27-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3822076)
I love how we b**** slapped Marino and Miami in the mouth after they ruined our streak. It brought back great memories. I had forgotten how we almost blew it in the playoffs to the Jets. We all were like, what's goin on. Then they came back in that 2nd half and destroyed them. And then losing Sharpe so early in the Superbowl and still killing the dirty birds, haha.

And they pointed out also that since Davis had so many yards early in alot of his games that he sat out the equivalent of 2 full games and still went over 200 yards in the season. I bet he would have had at least 200 more yards if he had played more. Still, can't complain, most total yards in 1 full season including playoffs by a RB ever. His career was short but he did it all (Leage MVP, Superbowl MVP, 2000K club, 2 Superbowl wins, Probowls).

Actually, the 5-8 NY Giants ruined our streak the week before. Miami was our 2nd straight loss after starting 13-0.

errand 03-27-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3822076)
I love how we b**** slapped Marino and Miami in the mouth after they ruined our streak.

Actually it was the NY Giants who defeated us 20-16 to end our winning streak at 13 games.....however Elway and crew stated that it was a huge relief to get back to just playing football again vs. always talking and worrying about going undefeated.

errand 03-27-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepingTiger (Post 3822137)
thanks... just programed my dvr to record it!

Ironically, I set my DVR to record the biggest loser, and it keeps recording Chiefs and Raider games......

errand 03-27-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 3822161)
Actually, the 5-8 NY Giants ruined our streak the week before. Miami was our 2nd straight loss after starting 13-0.

LOL...sorry, I posted the same thing...

broncosteven 03-27-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3822076)
I love how we b**** slapped Marino and Miami in the mouth after they ruined our streak. It brought back great memories. I had forgotten how we almost blew it in the playoffs to the Jets. We all were like, what's goin on. Then they came back in that 2nd half and destroyed them. And then losing Sharpe so early in the Superbowl and still killing the dirty birds, haha.

And they pointed out also that since Davis had so many yards early in alot of his games that he sat out the equivalent of 2 full games and still went over 200 yards in the season. I bet he would have had at least 200 more yards if he had played more. Still, can't complain, most total yards in 1 full season including playoffs by a RB ever. His career was short but he did it all (Leage MVP, Superbowl MVP, 2000K club, 2 Superbowl wins, Probowls).

Actually it was...

I loved how Miami was strutting around, thinking they had a shot at beating us in the playoffs. Shanny used the game as a chess match to see what Miami was doing defensively and to plan against it. Smart move. Wanny and Jimmy threw the kitchen sink at us and then had no answer when we played them in the playoffs.

Rocket 7 03-27-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3822178)
Actually it was...

I loved how Miami was strutting around, thinking they had a shot at beating us in the playoffs. Shanny used the game as a chess match to see what Miami was doing defensively and to plan against it. Smart move. Wanny and Jimmy threw the kitchen sink at us and then had no answer when we played them in the playoffs.

Regular season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhyrKKpP69U

Playoffs first half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfwWvGsBgk4

second half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWgxT6XkDQs

WolfpackGuy 03-27-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3822178)
Actually it was...

I loved how Miami was strutting around, thinking they had a shot at beating us in the playoffs. Shanny used the game as a chess match to see what Miami was doing defensively and to plan against it. Smart move. Wanny and Jimmy threw the kitchen sink at us and then had no answer when we played them in the playoffs.

It was only natural to have a letdown after losing to the Giants, but the gameplan was so vanilla looking forward to a potential playoff rematch, it was comical. I also remember Brister coming in for relief late only to have Elway come back in (for some reason) and throw a pick. One of the Phins nobody receivers had a huge night.

I was praying they'd play Miami after that game, and several experts leading into the game said the Phins could pull off the upset. (Yeah, right...)

Shanahan had their defense totally lost from the get go with extra linemen and what not, and even broke out a sweep with Elway. Eventhough Zach Thomas almost killed him later. I can't forget Neil Smith's HOUR long rumble down the sidelines was the icing on the cake for the blowout. Damn, what a team.

ShutDownPoster 03-27-2013 09:15 PM

Thanks man - this is like Rx free Viagra!!

enjolras 03-28-2013 11:33 AM

The end is so hard to watch. Stupid SOB.

TheChamp24 03-28-2013 10:18 PM

Man it was kinda nice to see how a little luck can pay off. In that Miami game, two dropped passes by Miami caused them to go 3 and out, and then our first drive, a dropped interception in our territory by Miami.

But man, people want to say TD was a system back, whatever, its amazing to watch how fast he plays, and how quick his cuts were.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.