The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Talks with Freeney Stall + No Interest in Abraham (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110581)

UberBroncoMan 03-26-2013 06:29 PM

Talks with Freeney Stall + No Interest in Abraham

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...broncos-stall/

He values himself at $6 mill a year (gg Condon). Also, we apparently no longer want John Abraham. Losing Doom could come back to bite us in the ass.

DBroncos4life 03-26-2013 06:33 PM

I think we are better off going after Dansby then drafting a DE anyways.

rbackfactory80 03-26-2013 06:33 PM

Freeny is so beat it's ridiculous. Can't even believe there is any interest.

UberBroncoMan 03-26-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3821825)

Apparently the Ravens have been eying him for MLB and it seems our team is content with Irvin and that ST/MLB dude we just signed.

03-26-2013 06:36 PM

No way I want freeney at that price. Take a hike around the league with that one. He'll come crawling back when reality sets in that no one will pay that price.

Abraham just doesn't like the broncos. Looks like we don't like him. The draft. Ayers and co will not get 12 sacks in a community type roll. Just going to have to step up in other areas. Like scoring alot of points.

rbackfactory80 03-26-2013 06:40 PM

I was all in on Abrahan 7 years ago. He blew us off then and apparently it ain't happening now. Not that I think it would be a good move for us anyway but I still like him more than Freeney.

FireFly 03-26-2013 06:47 PM

Freeney will be lucky to get 3-4 million a year. I guess it'll depend on how much he wants to play/win?

Even if we do pick him up, I doubt it would be much before training camp

03-26-2013 06:50 PM

Just go into camp with what Denver has now and a draft pick. DEs will be cut, just be patient.

Freeney sucks, just roll on without him.

Bigdawg26 03-26-2013 06:55 PM

Amen to that Bucchus! If he wants 6 mil a year then screw' em!

03-26-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3821825)

This!

pricejj 03-26-2013 06:58 PM

Lulz. **** Freeney. That moron can hop the next train to retirement for all I care.

And special thanks to Dumervil for screwing the Broncos for as much money as he possibly could then leaving us high and dry.

Trade up for Damontre Moore if he's still there at #22. Otherwise, Broncos won't be able to replace Elvis the Traitor for several more years.

Requiem 03-26-2013 06:59 PM

Don't discount Datone Jones. JDR could turn him into a monster. DAFONE JONES!

DAFFFONE. Pick up DAFOOOOONE.

crush17 03-26-2013 07:00 PM

I don't think the FO is in any hurry to get a deal done.
They will chill out for awhile and if something good comes along they will have the discussion.
I think its draft and who we have now to be honest. Time for Wolfe and Ayers.

DBroncos4life 03-26-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821846)

I do love me some Jones.

Tommy Kelly was just cut by the Raiders. I would rather give him 6 million the Freeney.

Wolfe, Kelly, Knighton, Jones as the pass rushing D!!!

03-26-2013 07:06 PM

Just watched the 1998 Broncos hour long special on NFL network. Team was full of undrafted unwanted players who made history. Don't discount a mid-age DE with much more of an axe to grind than dummerville.

Btw, mid-age means mid-career. Not old, not young.

gyldenlove 03-26-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

He could be a regular Tyson Alualu.....

03-26-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3821844)
Lulz. **** Freeney. That moron can hop the next train to retirement for all I care.

And special thanks to Dumervil for screwing the Broncos for as much money as he possibly could then leaving us high and dry.

Trade up for Damontre Moore if he's still there at #22. Otherwise, Broncos won't be able to replace Elvis the Traitor for several more years.

Several years?

Tank the season and bring on Clowney!

pricejj 03-26-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Datone Jones last 3 years sack totals:

2010 - 4 sacks
2011 - 3 sacks
2012 - 5.5 sacks

That ain't going to cut it at RDE, not in a million years. Already got a guy like that in Bob Ayers.

03-26-2013 07:48 PM

Dwight Freeney's wishes complicate Broncos deal

DBroncos4life 03-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3821859)

2010 - 4 sacks
2011 - 3 sacks
2012 - 5.5 sacks

That ain't going to cut it at RDE, not in a million years. Already got a guy like that in Bob Ayers.

I'm sure you already know this but I'll post it anyways.
Here is part of Rob Rang's take on him.

His combination of quickness and strength results in an explosiveness that has been tough for the North defensive linemen to handle. He was able to simply bull-rush offensive linemen, including Fisher and Wisconsin's Ricky Wagner on multiple occasions. In prior years, Jones' 6-4, 280 pound frame may have earned him the dreaded 'tweener label. With so many clubs looking for "hybrid" defensive linemen capable of playing inside or out, however, he's earning high marks from talent evaluators for his versatility.

And here are some comments from Dane Brugler.

He is very strong from head to toe and does a nice job using his powerful arms and hands to rip past blockers. He wasn't overly productive as a pass rusher at UCLA, largely due to the fact that he was moved all over the Bruins' hybrid 3-4 scheme, but he did record 19 tackles for loss as a senior with his impressive blend of burst and power to dispose of blockers at the point of attack.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...s-monte-kiffin

BroncoInferno 03-26-2013 07:50 PM

No one is going to pay Freeney $6 million at this point. That's a joke. Glad to see the FO using restraint. I liked Med's idea in another thread. Take Travardo Williams in the 3rd. Similar prospect to Bruce Irvin. Too small to be a 3 down guy, but an explosive pass rusher and freakish athlete (and productive...25 sacks his last two seasons at UCONN). Ayers and Malik can hold down the fort on run downs.

03-26-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3821840)
Just go into camp with what Denver has now and a draft pick. DEs will be cut, just be patient.

Freeney sucks, just roll on without him.

I am totally impatient.

Requiem 03-26-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3821859)

2010 - 4 sacks
2011 - 3 sacks
2012 - 5.5 sacks

Sack totals listed above are not indicative of the kind of player Datone Jones is. He has played every position on that defensive line (much like Malik Jackson at Tennessee) and makes a tremendous impact in the games he is. If he was ever able to settle at a position consistently, I would gather he would have much better sack totals. You should check out the Oregon State game from this year. That will show you how he was used with the Bruins. You need to stop looking at just the #'s and watch the guys play.

Jack Del Rio would do a fabulous job adjusting front formations to play to Jones and the other DL on this teams strengths.

DBroncos4life 03-26-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821871)
Sack totals listed above are not indicative of the kind of player Datone Jones is. He has played every position on that defensive line (much like Malik Jackson at Tennessee) and makes a tremendous impact in the games he is. If he was ever able to settle at a position consistently, I would gather he would have much better sack totals. You should check out the Oregon State game from this year. That will show you how he was used with the Bruins. You need to stop looking at just the #'s and watch the guys play.

Jack Del Rio would do a fabulous job adjusting front formations to play to Jones and the other DL on this teams strengths.

I would bet you 100 bucks price didn't have a clue that Jones played in a 3-4 last year nor did he watch any of the Senior Bowl practices.

03-26-2013 07:56 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6582505984/h83320845/