The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Instead of Manti... how bout Margus (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110579)

Mogulseeker 03-26-2013 04:37 PM

Instead of Manti... how bout Margus

How about Margus Hunt?

He's a ridiculous athlete, competed for Estonia in the discuss in the Olympics.

According to pro draft scout, he's also evidently a locker room leader and "disciplined in the weight room."

What impressed me was his combine... 38 reps on the bench press - and he's 6'8" with 33 3/4 arm length. He also owned the 10-yard split at 1.67. To put that in perspective: he's stronger than Clady and quicker than Knowshon.

He'll be 26 at the start of the season, but this could be a good "win now" pick.

03-26-2013 04:41 PM

Meh, average stats for his freak athleticism

03-26-2013 04:41 PM

he's pretty raw for a "win now" pick. He'll disappear against bigger linemen.

bronco_diesel 03-26-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3821719)
How about Margus Hunt?

He's a ridiculous athlete, competed for Estonia in the discuss in the Olympics.

According to pro draft scout, he's also evidently a locker room leader and "disciplined in the weight room."

What impressed me was his combine... 38 reps on the bench press - and he's 6'8" with 33 3/4 arm length. He also owned the 10-yard split at 1.67. To put that in perspective: he's stronger than Clady and quicker than Knowshon.

He'll be 26 at the start of the season, but this could be a good "win now" pick.

I think Alfred was talking about this guy a few weeks ago. He's intriguing.

SoCalBronco 03-26-2013 05:39 PM

That's Req's kid. :)

Requiem 03-26-2013 05:48 PM

The kid I loved so much I put him up for adoption.

MagicHef 03-26-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaaf (Post 3821722)
Meh, average stats for his freak athleticism

This. He does have better stats than some of the guys expected to go at the very top, though (Jordan, Ansah, Mingo).

DBroncos4life 03-26-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821763)
The kid I loved so much I put him up for adoption.

Well I was the first to bring him up so if he becomes a star I'm awesome. If he sucks I'll pull a price and delete that ****.

Broncoman13 03-26-2013 07:05 PM

Margus Hunt is an intriguing prospect. I am turned off by the fact that he is 4 or 5 years older than your average recruit. I am also turned off by his limited experience. But freak athletes with decent production are hard to pass on. The problem is, you would need to use a first to get him and he is just not a sure thing. You can't afford to miss in the first round. You look at teams that are considered draft successful and they rarely miss in the first. Ogden, Reed, Ngata, Oher, Lewis, Suggs, Flacco the Ravens don't miss in the first. Take the safest bet regardless of position. The only position I would pass on right now is OL and LB.

pricejj 03-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3821799)
Well I was the first to bring him up so if he becomes a star I'm awesome. If he sucks I'll pull a price and delete that ****.

Sure buddy. I soured on Crick at the combine. Get a mother****ing clue.

Hunt disappeared during the SeniorBowl...and he's 26 years old. Good luck with that. Poor man's Chandler Jones (both suck).

03-26-2013 08:58 PM

Something tells me we're going to end up with Manti. I hope not, Tebow II.

03-26-2013 09:32 PM

What about neither. Don't see how either player makes an impact while manning is here. Maybe after he's gone, but that ain't winning now.

Dansby is.

DBroncos4life 03-27-2013 05:05 PM

Margus Hunt - DL - Player

A source tells NFL.com's Ian Rapoport SMU DE Margus Hunt "won't get past (the) first round."
Hunt is a freak athlete, packing 4.60 speed in his 6-foot-8, 277-pound body, but will turn 26 in July. He also had an underwhelming college career, and has raw technique. If he goes on day one, it will be based on his athleticism alone. Hunt has been linked to the Jets in recent days

Requiem 03-27-2013 06:54 PM

If we draft Margus Hunt, I am going running on the field at training camp and pulling a Thich Quan Duc. If you don't know who that was, look it up.

pricejj 03-27-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3822225)
If we draft Margus Hunt, I am going running on the field at training camp and pulling a Thich Quan Duc. If you don't know who that was, look it up.

Sweet. Tell me which day, I would like to record the event for all posterity.

Req Quang Duc.