The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Green tea (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110549)

03-24-2013 12:58 AM

Green tea
 
We are remaking our diet and i used to drink green tea by the gallon. Does anyone buy green tea over the internet? Where? I hear China is not a great place to get your tea because of pollution, pesticides and low standards. I hear Japan is much better. Any insight on this?

03-24-2013 01:00 AM

I heard some positive things on this site. They sell tea to eat. Very good goes straight into the body. They also sell tea powder you can add to recipes.

http://www.eatgreentea.com/why-green-tea/

UberBroncoMan 03-24-2013 01:11 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Ito-En-Japanes.../dp/B0017T2MWW

You might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. ****ing good drink though.

consistent1 03-24-2013 04:57 AM

I just brew Lipton in my coffeemaker and sometimes add a little Splenda.

BroncoFox 03-24-2013 10:52 AM

Ew.. green tea. It's like drinking grass.

I love white tea and some black teas, I just can't get into the green ones. I usually buy my tea from teasource - they have some good stuff, and you can pick by region, if you don't want tea from China.

maher_tyler 03-24-2013 10:58 AM

Teavana has good tea. Kinda spendy but worth it imo.

www.teavana.com

03-24-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3819993)
Teavana has good tea. Kinda spendy but worth it imo.

www.teavana.com

wow, those are expensive.

BroncoFox 03-24-2013 11:33 AM

They have a Teavana at the Parker Mall. It's not bad - but it's rather expensive (but it does smell very nice in there). I usually buy all mine online - quality stuff, less expensive.

broncosteven 03-24-2013 06:17 PM

Tea earl grey hot. Make it so.

03-24-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFox (Post 3820016)
They have a Teavana at the Parker Mall. It's not bad - but it's rather expensive (but it does smell very nice in there). I usually buy all mine online - quality stuff, less expensive.

Where online? What kind?

gyldenlove 03-24-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3819993)
Teavana has good tea. Kinda spendy but worth it imo.

www.teavana.com

I hate that place, used to have a really good tea place near my house but it got taken over by Teavana and they jacked up the prices and took away all the good teas and replaced them with their ridiculous products.

gyldenlove 03-24-2013 06:58 PM

I get my tea from:

http://www.theteahaus.com/

and

http://www.davidstea.com/

03-24-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3820538)

Thanks I will look at them.

03-24-2013 07:02 PM

I posted this link earlier about powdered tea.

You can put it in your smoothies and one spoonful is the equivilent of 24 cups of tea.

http://www.eatgreentea.com/why-green-tea/

This is interesting to me.

ZONA 03-24-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3819993)
Teavana has good tea. Kinda spendy but worth it imo.

www.teavana.com


Yeah there tea is pretty good. My ex was a tea connoisseur. If your tea is in a bag and a powder, the quality is poor. Basically that's the scraps that goes into bags and sold to Lipton and such.

The other thing about steeping your tea is you have to be careful because different teas have different steeping times and you have to dial that in or it won't taste the best it can.

maher_tyler 03-24-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3820685)
Yeah there tea is pretty good. My ex was a tea connoisseur. If your tea is in a bag and a powder, the quality is poor. Basically that's the scraps that goes into bags and sold to Lipton and such.

The other thing about steeping your tea is you have to be careful because different teas have different steeping times and you have to dial that in or it won't taste the best it can.

I bought the canisters that preserve the freshness of the tea. It has a chart on the side of how long you steep it for etc. The tea is spendy but you only use a couple table spoons at most. Plus is really good tasting tea.

My bad...tea spoons. Making a pot now ;D

theAPAOps5 03-24-2013 11:16 PM

McDonalds $1.00 large sweet tea. Boom.






Going to high school in Savannah I developed a taste for southern sweet tea. McDonalds is the closest there is

03-24-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3820691)
I bought the canisters that preserve the freshness of the tea. It has a chart on the side of how long you steep it for etc. The tea is spendy but you only use a couple table spoons at most. Plus is really good tasting tea.

Can you explain steep to me? What is the process? What do I need to do this?

maher_tyler 03-25-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3820703)
Can you explain steep to me? What is the process? What do I need to do this?

It's putting the tea leaves in a teapot like the ones on the website. You heat up water, not quite to boiling and pour it in the teapot. Wait 2-3 minutes or whatever the recommended time is for the tea you're brewing. It's easy.
All you need is a teapot, tea and rock sugar is recommended. To heat up the water I just put it in a regular kettle at home.

It's expensive at first but you get what you pay for imo. The cast iron will last forever and the tea tastes really good. I have the Youthberry and the Orange Blossom. Together they taste really good.

cutthemdown 03-25-2013 04:05 AM

I have a really old tetsubin cast iron teapot my uncle brought back from the Korean war. It makes the most awesome tea but its really small makes just enough for 1 person. It's probably from the early 1900's though and looks like it made a lot of tea. I use it to make tea every once in awhile but mostly it sits on a shelf and looks cool.

consistent1 03-25-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3820702)
McDonalds $1.00 large sweet tea. Boom.






Going to high school in Savannah I developed a taste for southern sweet tea. McDonalds is the closest there is

Yeah, well that is something totally different than green tea. You can make that **** at home with a few tea bags and 5 lbs of sugar,


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.