The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Baltimore Ravens Open On The Road (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110541)

SonOfLe-loLang 03-22-2013 05:58 PM

The Baltimore Ravens Open On The Road
 
Due to a conflict with MLB, the Ravens will be opening on the road...anyone wanna see them at Mile High on opening night?

Me too.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...timore-orioles

SpringStein 03-22-2013 06:03 PM

Is that fair to the defending champs to give them a guaranteed loss?

spdirty 03-22-2013 06:10 PM

That's a dumbass reason. Should move the baseball game to noon, it ends at 3, and there is plenty of time for the Ratbirds to do their thing. Would be pretty funny if the baseball game gets rained out.

Glad we would never have had to worry about that here.

JCMElway 03-22-2013 07:15 PM

The Ravens will travel to face their division foes along with the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos.

Only the Steelers and Broncos have the kind of pull to garner the opening night game. Knowing the drama that happened in the playoffs, I think the opening night game is guaranteed to be played at Mile High.

This revenge may not be complete, but it sure will be sweet.

JCMElway 03-22-2013 07:15 PM

The Ravens will travel to face their division foes along with the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos.

Only the Steelers and Broncos have the kind of pull to garner the opening night game. Knowing the drama that happened in the playoffs, I think the opening night game is guaranteed to be played at Mile High.

This revenge may not be complete, but it sure will be sweet.

DBroncos4life 03-22-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCMElway (Post 3819374)
The Ravens will travel to face their division foes along with the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos.

Only the Steelers and Broncos have the kind of pull to garner the opening night game. Knowing the drama that happened in the playoffs, I think the opening night game is guaranteed to be played at Mile High.

This revenge may not be complete, but it sure will be sweet.

The rumor is that we will open up the SN game vs the Giants.

JCMElway 03-22-2013 09:48 PM

That was until the Ravens hafta go on the road for game one.

I could see either scenario, though.

RMT 03-23-2013 12:51 AM

DPO is reporting that the Broncos' season opener is most likely to be game 2 of the MNF doubleheader. No word on opponent, but it wouldn't be the Ravens.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-opener/18976/

titan 03-23-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMT (Post 3819500)
DPO is reporting that the Broncos' season opener is most likely to be game 2 of the MNF doubleheader. No word on opponent, but it wouldn't be the Ravens.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-opener/18976/

If that's the case my guess is we open with an AFC West opponent at home. Probably San Diego (return of Mike McCoy) or KC (Andy Reid's debut). The NFL likes to put an AFC West matchup in that game 2 MNF opener (we've been matched with Oakland twice, last year it was the Chargers/Raiders, and the Chargers/Chiefs played another year in that game)

rmsanger 03-23-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3819352)
That's a dumbass reason. Should move the baseball game to noon, it ends at 3, and there is plenty of time for the Ratbirds to do their thing. Would be pretty funny if the baseball game gets rained out.

Glad we would never have had to worry about that here.

I read that Goodell called Selig to get it moved up earlier that day. I guess Selig didn't return his call or told him to go take a long walk off a short pier.

Maybe the NFL isn't as powerful as we thought!

elsid13 03-23-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3819352)
That's a dumbass reason. Should move the baseball game to noon, it ends at 3, and there is plenty of time for the Ratbirds to do their thing. Would be pretty funny if the baseball game gets rained out.

Glad we would never have had to worry about that here.

Angelo is dick and refuse to move his sorry ass team's game. Like the Orioles will be playing for anything in September.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-23-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3819512)
Angelo is dick and refuse to move his sorry ass team's game. Like the Orioles will be playing for anything in September.

They made the playoffs last season

Smilin Assassin 03-23-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMT (Post 3819500)
DPO is reporting that the Broncos' season opener is most likely to be game 2 of the MNF doubleheader. No word on opponent, but it wouldn't be the Ravens.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-opener/18976/

I wish they'd stop doing 2 monday nighters.

People on the east coast work, too.....

elsid13 03-23-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3819565)
They made the playoffs last season

Doesn't mean anything this season.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-23-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 3819585)
I wish they'd stop doing 2 monday nighters.

People on the east coast work, too.....

Haha it's the one Monday night game that doesn't screw over the west coasters. We are generally at work at kickoff.

Requiem 03-23-2013 10:52 AM

I know exactly who the Broncos are playing in their opener. :)

Crushaholic 03-23-2013 11:30 AM

The NFL loves to begin with teams that had unusual storylines, at the end of the season. The Broncos giving up the Hail Mary, when they had the game in the bag, certainly qualifies as unusual....

TheChamp24 03-23-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan (Post 3819510)
If that's the case my guess is we open with an AFC West opponent at home. Probably San Diego (return of Mike McCoy) or KC (Andy Reid's debut). The NFL likes to put an AFC West matchup in that game 2 MNF opener (we've been matched with Oakland twice, last year it was the Chargers/Raiders, and the Chargers/Chiefs played another year in that game)

Well its mainly due to the West teams making the most sense for a double monday night game, seeing as how late the game would start and end in other time zones.
Frankly isn't it time for the NFC West to start taking up those 2nd monday night games? I kinda hate being the 2nd monday night game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3819512)
Angelo is dick and refuse to move his sorry ass team's game. Like the Orioles will be playing for anything in September.

Its actually not Angelo, its MLB and the MLBPA. The night before, both the Orioles and White Sox have night games, arrive late/early the next day. Its ridiculous to force the players and coaches to have such a quick turnaround and play early on Thursday. Angelo has no say in this, and I don't blame the MLB for telling the NFL no. I mean, why can't Baltimore open at home on Sunday night? Stop having so many freakin traditions that seem unbreakable, like the defending champion has to open on the thursday night game.

DBroncos4life 03-23-2013 12:55 PM

Ravens vs the Bears would make for a good FU to the MLB.

El Guapo 03-23-2013 05:39 PM

The Ravens will be a shell of their former selves. Hell, I thought they were mediocre last year and they just got "hot" at the right time.

spdirty 03-23-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChamp24 (Post 3819680)

Its actually not Angelo, its MLB and the MLBPA. The night before, both the Orioles and White Sox have night games, arrive late/early the next day. Its ridiculous to force the players and coaches to have such a quick turnaround and play early on Thursday. Angelo has no say in this, and I don't blame the MLB for telling the NFL no. I mean, why can't Baltimore open at home on Sunday night? Stop having so many freakin traditions that seem unbreakable, like the defending champion has to open on the thursday night game.

WTF is wrong with that tradition? Its freakin awesome and it gives the Super Bowl winning team a well earned advantage to start the year which is fine. WTF can't those a-holes take that Thursday off and doubleheader it Friday? Or, in baseball, on getaway games they almost always play day games. Why do they play night games then travel?

Baseball is ****ing stupid, they knew the Ravens were going to open up at home the Thursday after Labor Day since the beginning of February, why do they have to be such *****? Goodell should just say **** it we're scheduling the game in Baltimore on Thursday night and if traffic gets screwed up then so be it. Its almost like baseball is doing everything in their power to stick it to the NFL.

What, you want to get back to opening the season with 2 random teams with the home team in a big market like 49ers at Jets? That is stupid.

TheChamp24 03-23-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3819777)
WTF is wrong with that tradition? Its freakin awesome and it gives the Super Bowl winning team a well earned advantage to start the year which is fine. WTF can't those a-holes take that Thursday off and doubleheader it Friday? Or, in baseball, on getaway games they almost always play day games. Why do they play night games then travel?

Baseball is ****ing stupid, they knew the Ravens were going to open up at home the Thursday after Labor Day since the beginning of February, why do they have to be such *****? Goodell should just say **** it we're scheduling the game in Baltimore on Thursday night and if traffic gets screwed up then so be it. Its almost like baseball is doing everything in their power to stick it to the NFL.

What, you want to get back to opening the season with 2 random teams with the home team in a big market like 49ers at Jets? That is stupid.

The whole thing is stupid to me that the Super Bowl winning team has to open at home on the Thursday Night game to start the game. Why? Because we've done it the past maybe 10 years? I still don't see why the Ravens can't open on Sunday night at home, I just don't understand.

Again, why does baseball have to accommodate the NFL here? I don't see how sticking with their schedule is "sticking it to the NFL".

And I'm just going to stop since you think the NFL will schedule that first game the 49ers @ Jets.

titan 03-23-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChamp24 (Post 3819680)
Well its mainly due to the West teams making the most sense for a double monday night game, seeing as how late the game would start and end in other time zones.
Frankly isn't it time for the NFC West to start taking up those 2nd monday night games? I kinda hate being the 2nd monday night game.

I'd rather have the Broncos open at home as the 2nd Monday night game than open on the road. Because of CBS coverage of the US Open Tennis on that opening Sunday we'll never see a Denver home opener with a 2:15 pm start (as CBS doesn't want to televise any AFC games in that timeslot). The NFL could also put an NFC team in here (hence Fox coverage) but in the past they haven't wanted to do that for the opener.

When the Broncos did have the 2nd Monday night game two years ago it didn't turn out too well (a loss in the rain vs the Raiders which I sat through at the stadium), but historically Denver does usually win its home openers and doesn't fare as well on the road.

03-24-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Guapo (Post 3819757)
The Ravens will be a shell of their former selves. Hell, I thought they were mediocre last year and they just got "hot" at the right time.

Didn't get hot. With all the Help they got from the refs and the league, a high school team would have won the SB.

spdirty 03-24-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChamp24 (Post 3819791)
The whole thing is stupid to me that the Super Bowl winning team has to open at home on the Thursday Night game to start the game. Why? Because we've done it the past maybe 10 years? I still don't see why the Ravens can't open on Sunday night at home, I just don't understand.

Again, why does baseball have to accommodate the NFL here? I don't see how sticking with their schedule is "sticking it to the NFL".

And I'm just going to stop since you think the NFL will schedule that first game the 49ers @ Jets.

I didn't say they would, my point is that starting the season with that Thursday Night at home is an advantage that should go to the Super Bowl winner. Therefore, the Super Bowl Champ should get that game. And, when the NFL first started opening the season on Thursday Night the games were garbage, they were San Fran-Jets and then it was Jet-Redskins. Back when those teams sucked. Last thing I want to see is the NFL going back to garbage like that to open the season.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.