The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT - Free episodes of all TV Star Trek series on Hulu in honor...of... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110540)

broncosteven 03-22-2013 05:50 PM

OT - Free episodes of all TV Star Trek series on Hulu in honor...of...

...............William.......................Shatn er's............Birth....day.................(inse rt karate chop here)

http://www.hulu.com/browse/picks/sta...013Q1_StarTrek

Screw March Madness and watch something worth your time!

SoCalBronco 03-22-2013 05:57 PM

Sweet

Mogulseeker 03-22-2013 06:05 PM

I'm probably the worlds biggest nerd that has never seen an episode of Star Trek.

SoCalBronco 03-22-2013 06:08 PM

You're missing out Smurf

broncosteven 03-22-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3819349)
I'm probably the worlds biggest nerd that has never seen an episode of Star Trek.

I envy you the awesomeness you are about to experience for the 1st time.

I am rewatching the original series with my daughter and get to see it though her eyes and it is fun to see her pick on the same things I thought were cool when I was her age. We are into the 2nd disk of season 3, and I am going to miss it when it is over. Maybe I will buy a NG blueray a year and watch those with the kids too.

Think of it this way if you move to NE you will have plenty of time to watch all the series as there is nothing else to do there!

Do your self a favor and watch copius amounts of TREK!

Kaylore 03-22-2013 08:01 PM

They have had the remastered ones on Netflix for some time.

broncosteven 03-23-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3819399)
They have had the remastered ones on Netflix for some time.

All the series are free this weekend, you don't need an account or anything. I watched Voyager last night as I haven't seen it in a while.

OBF1 03-23-2013 12:11 PM

Love me some Star trek. Shatner gets better with age. Hard to believe he is in his 80's

Crushaholic 03-23-2013 01:17 PM

Leonard Nimoy's birthday is on the 26th. I always thought that it was very cool that their birthdays are within days of each other...:thumbs:

Dendave 03-23-2013 05:30 PM

When I was a kid we used to go to my grandparents every Sunday for dinner, they had one tv. We started out watching the 4 o'clock football game (80% of the time Broncos were shown), but at 5 we had to turn it to Star Trex. I always have hated Star Trex for that reason, my wife tries to get me to watch it, but something subconsciously won't let me get past my cousins over ruling my desire to watch football.

ZONA 03-23-2013 05:59 PM

No thanks. I think I've seen my share of Kirk Fu for a lifetime.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JMi3ZfL-c2c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown 03-23-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3819656)
All the series are free this weekend, you don't need an account or anything. I watched Voyager last night as I haven't seen it in a while.

Also when i had netflix about 10 Voyager episodes were skipped.

broncosteven 03-23-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dendave (Post 3819756)
When I was a kid we used to go to my grandparents every Sunday for dinner, they had one tv. We started out watching the 4 o'clock football game (80% of the time Broncos were shown), but at 5 we had to turn it to Star Trex. I always have hated Star Trex for that reason, my wife tries to get me to watch it, but something subconsciously won't let me get past my cousins over ruling my desire to watch football.

I hated "Dinah" for the same reason. It was on at the same time (or overlapped) as the daily Star Trek reruns were in Denver. We only had one TV, most of the time my mom would let me watch it but sometimes when there was some big guest star I would be SOL and have to sit through it.

Mogulseeker 06-05-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3819359)
I envy you the awesomeness you are about to experience for the 1st time.

I am rewatching the original series with my daughter and get to see it though her eyes and it is fun to see her pick on the same things I thought were cool when I was her age. We are into the 2nd disk of season 3, and I am going to miss it when it is over. Maybe I will buy a NG blueray a year and watch those with the kids too.

Think of it this way if you move to NE you will have plenty of time to watch all the series as there is nothing else to do there!

Do your self a favor and watch copius amounts of TREK!

You're absolutely right.

I'm on week three of a Trek binge. Saw bot the new films after watching season 1 of TOS and I'm now 13 episodes in to TNG.

I bought the entire TOS series for my dad for fathers day (he's a physicist), and we've been making our way through it.

I've been missing out... truly an amazing series.

broncocalijohn 06-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3857245)
You're absolutely right.

I'm on week three of a Trek binge. Saw bot the new films after watching season 1 of TOS and I'm now 13 episodes in to TNG.

I bought the entire TOS series for my dad for fathers day (he's a physicist), and we've been making our way through it.

Thanks for bumping this one nerdo.

You are almost at the bonus episode where the Captain meets up with a blue chick but Spock comes in and starts talking all technical about the Enterprise being ready to explode and they better get beamed up. It was a false alarm and Captain could have totally helped out his Skittles collection of adding a blue chick to his belt but ...well Smurf, you understand where I am going with this and I would hate to ruin it for you (or bring up bad memories).

SoCalBronco 06-05-2013 01:04 PM

I'm glad you are watching and enjoying ST Smurf. The green slave women in TOS are hot. Don't talk to them about advanced applied math tho or u could get cockblocked again.

:)

broncosteven 06-05-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3857245)
You're absolutely right.

Like I tell my kids, Daddy is ALWAYS right! They always look at me sheepishly and nod in agreement. I am not your dad but you get the picture!

Now go read Failure is not an Option!

Mogulseeker 06-05-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3857270)
Thanks for bumping this one nerdo.

You are almost at the bonus episode where the Captain meets up with a blue chick but Spock comes in and starts talking all technical about the Enterprise being ready to explode and they better get beamed up. It was a false alarm and Captain could have totally helped out his Skittles collection of adding a blue chick to his belt but ...well Smurf, you understand where I am going with this and I would hate to ruin it for you (or bring up bad memories).

Actually, it seems Capt. Kirk gets cockblocked a lot by Spock in this series.

Kaylore 06-05-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3857352)

He does. In fact Kirk doesn't actually get laid on the show nearly as often as pop culture would have you believe. If you watch the show, Kirk isn't quite the womanizer he's credited to being.

SoCalBronco 06-05-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3857352)

Indeed.

So you're in good company Smurf.

thumpc 06-05-2013 03:15 PM

I watched this recently, loved it!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/480643#details=expand

The documentary “Trek Nation” explores "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry’s vision and its impact on viewers’ lives through the eyes of his son Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry, Jr., who is on a quest to know his father whom he lost at age 17.

ghwk 06-05-2013 03:54 PM

I remember the episode where Apollo impregnated the chick from the landing party. No way Kirk could compete with that.

When you are c blocked by a God what the F you gonna do?

06-05-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3857367)
He does. In fact Kirk doesn't actually get laid on the show nearly as often as pop culture would have you believe. If you watch the show, Kirk isn't quite the womanizer he's credited to being.

I think some of it might be because he had sex with green women in space.;D

Mogulseeker 07-11-2013 07:55 PM

One more bump.... Done with TOS. Have the movies onDemand on my DVR.... halfway through season 3 of TNG.

Just watched the episode "Who Watches the Watchers" - and it's the best episode of Star Trek I've seen of any series so far.

Rohirrim 07-11-2013 08:16 PM

They just don't make sets like that anymore, with the cool blinking lights. You know how the sliding doors worked? There was a guy with a rope off camera who would slide it back and forth. Top flight FX. :rofl: