The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Urlacher leaves bears, lets get him (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110530)

Peoples Champ 03-20-2013 06:17 PM

Urlacher leaves bears, lets get him

Look good in Denver, replace Brooking as the crafty vet at MLB?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...brian-urlacher

Sorry if someone posted this, i looked back a few pgs and didnt see it posted.

OBF1 03-20-2013 06:24 PM

10 years ago I would have said yes.

Hamrob 03-20-2013 06:25 PM

I think it would be a great signing. I think Bradley was strictly a special teams signing. Who was that bum we signed from Seattle a few years ago...Koutivirus? Same type talent if you ask me.

Nate Irving....2yrs and not good enough to beat out the likes of Mays? And, we're supposed to be sold on him now? Not me.

Brookings played the best inside for the Broncos...since Al Wilson....in my opinion. Urlacher would be a slight step up from Brookings in my opinion...with a chip on his shoulder.

Mogulseeker 03-20-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3817909)
10 years ago I would have said yes.

This.

Brooking is just as good at this point and much much cheaper.

Mogulseeker 03-20-2013 06:27 PM

"Urlacher: Bears' offer a slap in the face"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7297431.story
Quote:

Urlacher’s agent originally approached the Bears seeking a two-year deal worth $11.5 million. The thought was to aim high initially and reach a middle ground through negotiations.

The Bears apparently wouldn't budge on their offer of a one-year contract worth a maximum value of $2 million.
I think Urlacher is in for a rude awakening once he hits the open market.

Mogulseeker 03-20-2013 06:28 PM

I'd take Manti over him, too. Rooks are cheaper, and Manti is faster than Urlacher at this point, too.... and that's not saying much.

03-20-2013 06:28 PM

Karlos Dansby..

UberBroncoMan 03-20-2013 06:33 PM

We're moving forward with Nate Irving if Fox's words in Phoenix are any indication of why we've not gone after an MLB in FA. Basic point made is that Irving was just a victim of circumstance and it's his time to shine.

03-20-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3817923)
We're moving forward with Nate Irving if Fox's words in Phoenix are any indication of why we've not gone after an MLB in FA. Basic point made is that Irving was just a victim of circumstance and it's his time to shine.

And if Irving goes down with a knee tear in preseason?

DBroncos4life 03-20-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3817931)

We could find Urlacher holding a will tackle for money sign and pick him up.

Dr. Broncenstein 03-20-2013 07:59 PM

A washed-up geriatric Urlacher would be far better than any of the jokers we've trotted out at MLB over the past 6 years.

razorwire77 03-20-2013 08:04 PM

Huge fan of Urlacher. Graduated from high school the same year he did and played football in the same state and same classification he did. Graduated from UNM the same year he was drafted. Would have loved for him to be a Bronco. . . .10 years ago.

He's done. His knees are so bad he can't really move laterally anymore.
I'm still not convinced Irving is going to be anything special, but we'll see. Would rather address Mike in the draft than throw money at Urlacher and clearly he still wants money like a 28-year-old guy with two knees.

broncosteven 03-20-2013 08:15 PM

He is too inconsistent at this point, I have seen him make a great play forcing the blocker into the RB with enough force to bring him down with out Urlicker touching him then on the next play have the same RB run through him like a wet paper sack.

Is he better than Irving or Johnson or the new guy? Maybe this year.

Is he equal to Brookings? if he is healthy.

I would not be upset if they gave him a cheap 1 year deal but I would want to see him play well and not go out like OJ or Unitas did at the end of their careers.

TheChamp24 03-20-2013 08:33 PM

He seems adamant on not retiring, and thinks he can still play well, as evidenced by what kind of contract he is seeking.
No way he gets anything close to that though.

BroncoMan4ever 03-20-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples Champ (Post 3817904)

i honestly think i'd rather have Brooking or Mays. Urlacher's legs are about to fall off, and truthfully he at this point in his career is not an upgrade to what we have.

Mogulseeker 03-20-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3817984)
Huge fan of Urlacher. Graduated from high school the same year he did and played football in the same state and same classification he did. Graduated from UNM the same year he was drafted. Would have loved for him to be a Bronco. . . .10 years ago.

He's done. His knees are so bad he can't really move laterally anymore.
I'm still not convinced Irving is going to be anything special, but we'll see. Would rather address Mike in the draft than throw money at Urlacher and clearly he still wants money like a 28-year-old guy with two knees.

We should go get Lendale White because I played with him in the same conference in HS.

razorwire77 03-20-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy (Post 3818011)
We should go get Lendale White because I played with him in the same conference in HS.

Reading Comprehension. I said that he's one of my favorite non-Bronco players because of my local connection to him and even in my rose-colored view of Urlacher, I think he's done. Draft a Mike; roll with Irving or draft a Mike and roll with Irving. Urlacher's knees are shot. The Bears know this, which is why they offered one of the most storied middle-linebackers in their storied history a contract for six dollars and 70 cents.

FireFly 03-20-2013 09:11 PM

I hope Irving pans out I really do but I have my doubts. Why I think this signing would be great is for the leadership he would bring! He might only be a marginal upgrade on brooking - but the leadership is what this D is really lacking. Something akin to when we brought in Lynch

kappys 03-20-2013 09:35 PM

Pass - Urlacher has been finished for 2 years - he adds nothing. I'd rather see a n out of place Trevathan in the middle than Urlacher

SportinOne 03-20-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3818014)
Reading Comprehension

Ha! Got 'em!

SportinOne 03-20-2013 10:27 PM

Is Urlacher really that bad? Is Keith Brooking really a better option?

Imagine having this conversation about your quarterback position with the equatable talent. The Jets are still looking at Tebow apparently. Probably starting to wonder if Testavarde still has it.

Things could be worse.
But seriously, we need a better MLB.

Wes Mantooth 03-20-2013 10:33 PM

He is a free agent. He must be good.

Houshyamama 03-20-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3817931)

Dude, you could say this about any position.

03-20-2013 10:52 PM

This board amazes me at times. "Trade Doom for Ebenezer Freeney? Hey yeah that sounds great!"

Followed by

"Urlacher? Brian Urlacher? Meh. Let's give Brookings and Mays one more go."

ZONA 03-20-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples Champ (Post 3817904)

Crafty Vet? Seriously? You'd be lucky if he played 5 games healthy and he's not even close to the same player. Forget the hype that goes with the name. He should retire.

NO THANKS