The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Relationships at work? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110520)

McDman 03-19-2013 08:22 PM

Relationships at work?
 
Is this ever a good idea? Is there any outcome, besides marriage, that could be good?

I'm kind of into this girl at work and I'm trying to decide if it's worth pursuing. I keep coming up with a ton of cons and not many pros, e.g. if I hit on her and it makes it weird, we end up hooking up and it gets weird, etc...

I don't know what to do!

beanerbronco 03-19-2013 08:23 PM

Don't **** where you eat, someone said to me once...

DBroncos4life 03-19-2013 08:25 PM

At work sex always trumps heart break. Think with your little head on this one.

huh?? 03-19-2013 08:30 PM

Might want to find out if she has her own no-coworker policy first.

Carmelo15 03-19-2013 08:34 PM

I hook up with women I work with all the time. It works for me personally. Just keep it at that and you'll be fine. When you start dating feelings get involved and that's where the problems could arise

NFLBRONCO 03-19-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3817271)
Is this ever a good idea? Is there any outcome, besides marriage, that could be good?

I'm kind of into this girl at work and I'm trying to decide if it's worth pursuing. I keep coming up with a ton of cons and not many pros, e.g. if I hit on her and it makes it weird, we end up hooking up and it gets weird, etc...

I don't know what to do!


I can tell you first hand. Its good when its good dating but, if you have a fight everybody knows your business co workers take sides and gets very awkward. I would never do that again.

El Guapo 03-19-2013 08:40 PM

Don't fish off the company pier.

El Guapo 03-19-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3817292)
I can tell you first hand. Its good when its good but, if you have a fight everybody knows your business co workers take sides and gets very ackward. I would never do that again.

The way you spelled "awkward" was, well... awkward. :P

RMT 03-19-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Guapo (Post 3817294)
Don't fish off the company pier.

I second that - btw, love your avatar. Lol.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-19-2013 08:45 PM

as long as you dont make it a problem, its not a problem

NFLBRONCO 03-19-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Guapo (Post 3817298)
The way you spelled "awkward" was, well... awkward. :P

I'm still not comfy with it :)

Atwater His Ass 03-19-2013 08:48 PM

lol. srsly.

even better when you work for the government.

ethics, morals, w/e amirite? i mean ****, getting my dick wet is much more important than any of that.

also love how marriage is a possible outcome with a woman you haven't even gone on A date with, let alone the MANY date required before even considering such a life altering move.

just find yourself some hook-ups on craigslist to pass the time.

Archer81 03-19-2013 08:48 PM

Negative, ghostrider. It wont end well.


:Broncos:

gyldenlove 03-19-2013 08:51 PM

Is she your boss or are you her boss, then don't. If not then go for it, but be a man and face up to the music if **** goes south.

bowtown 03-19-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3817307)
Negative, ghostrider. It wont end well.


:Broncos:

This. Unless you plan to leave this job in the next 4-6 months, do yourself a favor and just let it go. There areva lot more of them that you don't have to see every day and don't threaten either your space or your job.

McDman 03-19-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass (Post 3817306)
lol. srsly.

even better when you work for the government.

ethics, morals, w/e amirite? i mean ****, getting my dick wet is much more important than any of that.

also love how marriage is a possible outcome with a woman you haven't even gone on A date with, let alone the MANY date required before even considering such a life altering move.

just find yourself some hook-ups on craigslist to pass the time.

Well I am not young anymore so any woman I date you have to at least think of the possibility of it going the whole way. The only reason I said the word marriage is because if it doesn't go there then it means you have broken up which could lead to a very awkward mess. Twas just a question, my friend.

McDman 03-19-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3817310)
This. Unless you plan to leave this job in the next 4-6 months, do yourself a favor and just let it go. There areva lot more of them that you don't have to see every day and don't threaten either your space or your job.

Here's my problem. None of my friends have any lady friends that I am interested in, I don't really want to meet girls at bars, and I am over the whole one night stand thing. The only place for me to meet women is through work or online if I want go that route.

bowtown 03-19-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3817314)
Here's my problem. None of my friends have any lady friends that I am interested in, I don't really want to meet girls at bars, and I am over the whole one night stand thing. The only place for me to meet women is through work or online if I want go that route.

Online is a WAY better route than work. Online dating is all about no strings sex, unless you meet someone who you want more than that with. Work dating is all about lots of strings, maybe sex, and then probably a really uncomfortable ending.

24champ 03-19-2013 09:23 PM

I advise against it, unless she is dropping strong hints that she likes you as well.

ZONA 03-19-2013 09:23 PM

I don't see any issues so long as they don't work directly with you in any way. I've dated many people that worked for the same company as I did (when I was working for somebody else) but never dated anybody I directly had to deal with very often.

Uncle Bill 03-19-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3817314)
Here's my problem. None of my friends have any lady friends that I am interested in, I don't really want to meet girls at bars, and I am over the whole one night stand thing. The only place for me to meet women is through work or online if I want go that route.

About 5 years ago, I was literally in the same situation as you are now. Against my better judgement, I said "what the hell", gave it a shot, and everything was great for about 3 years. Then some unexpected stuff came about and the whole thing unravelled. In a bad way. Long story short, the last 2 years of my life have been a disaster, b/c I still work with my ex and the economy is bad enough that looking for a new job isn't a realistic alternative for either of us. I mean, it's one thing if you meet someone randomly and things don't work out--you just turn the page and never have to see the girl again. But if you have to face each other every day at work, trust me, it really sucks.

So, I hear you about it being difficult to meet people, and it's entirely possible to establish a healthy relationship in the office. But unless you have a really good feeling about this chick, I'd just let it go.

As an aside, one of my best friends just got divorced from a coworker after 2 years of marriage, and another of my buddies just ruined a marriage by cheating on his wife with a coworker, so maybe I'm biased in regards to this issue. But whatever you do, tread lightly, and don't do anything without carefully thinking it through first...

ak1971 03-19-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3817271)
Is this ever a good idea? Is there any outcome, besides marriage, that could be good?

I'm kind of into this girl at work and I'm trying to decide if it's worth pursuing. I keep coming up with a ton of cons and not many pros, e.g. if I hit on her and it makes it weird, we end up hooking up and it gets weird, etc...

I don't know what to do!

just have the common courtesy to give the man a reach around.

Lestat 03-19-2013 09:29 PM

if you're going to do it then there are only two choices.
either make sure both of you only want sex or you best marry the chick.
cause otherwise if she gets mad you will be the one who is ****ed.

03-19-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmelo15 (Post 3817287)
I hook up with women I work with all the time. It works for me personally. Just keep it at that and you'll be fine. When you start dating feelings get involved and that's where the problems could arise

Agree with this. I have hooked up with my fair share at work too. Got to keep it casual and make sure you express that is all you want. What you do for work can make a difference too.

McDman 03-19-2013 09:35 PM

All of this is very good advice and pretty much what I expected. If she wanted to just be friends with benefits I'd be down, but let's be honest, that can only last so long.

And, btw Zona, she works right next to me! Baha. It's such a terrible idea but I know if I get drunk with her again something will happen. Damn me and my affliction for pretty dark skinned ladies!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rlCJbFGOeRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.