The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Which 1 player would you pick.... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110505)

OBF1 03-18-2013 02:44 PM

Which 1 player would you pick....
 
Since this is the Orangemane, You were the Broncos GM and you were able to pick any 1 player on any team to put the Broncos over the top and win a superbowl, Who would you pick and why.

Forget how long said player might be under contract or how much he costs. Is there 1 player that would win us a Superbowl if he was a Bronco, with our current roster.


I will go first. Without a doubt this guy would do it. He can run like no other RB in football. He is a threat everytime he touches the ball. He can block okay, catch passes and makes a ton out of nothing.

Yes, Adrian Peterson would be that player.

Lestat 03-18-2013 02:45 PM

Patrick Willis. dude would solve just about all issues on the D.

Rabb 03-18-2013 02:47 PM

I'd say Ray Rice. Guy is an absolute monster receiving and running.

Hulamau 03-18-2013 02:50 PM

An all year long healthy Adrian Peterson along with our WR corp and Manning plus our D and you could just go ahead and engrave the Lombardi and Fed Ex it to Dove Valley as it is.

03-18-2013 02:51 PM

Adrian Peterson.

03-18-2013 02:52 PM

Peterson and manning would be pretty tough to stop.

OBF1 03-18-2013 02:53 PM

I was just thinking... Adrian Peterson is used to seeing 7-8 and sometimes 9 in the box and was still able to put up 2100+ yards rushing. With Manning at QB, add in Welker, Thomas and Decker, AP would see 6 and 7 in the box, If a team tries to crowd the line, Manning would throw for career highs in yards and TD. Just think of the possibilities. Our offense would make for a killer D. You could not stop this team on offense, Putting a ton of pressure on the opponents Offense and Defense. Well worth the price of admission.

Requiem 03-18-2013 02:54 PM

Patrick Willis because we need a stud ILB.

Tombstone RJ 03-18-2013 02:58 PM

Darren McFadden

Play2win 03-18-2013 02:59 PM

What about Lynch, can you imagine what he could do to a soft belly of a defense.

The Joker 03-18-2013 03:04 PM

JJ Watt.

Our DT's are nothing special, we very rarely get any pressure up the middle unless it's from stunting Von. I'm confident our O can score points against any opponent next year, but the defense still has a few question marks. Watt would answer these questions, IMO.

gyldenlove 03-18-2013 03:07 PM

Vince Wilfork, he is a monster in the middle and would instantly upgrade the entire defense.

ZONA 03-18-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3816410)
Since this is the Orangemane, You were the Broncos GM and you were able to pick any 1 player on any team to put the Broncos over the top and win a superbowl, Who would you pick and why.

Forget how long said player might be under contract or how much he costs. Is there 1 player that would win us a Superbowl if he was a Bronco, with our current roster.


I will go first. Without a doubt this guy would do it. He can run like no other RB in football. He is a threat everytime he touches the ball. He can block okay, catch passes and makes a ton out of nothing.

Yes, Adrian Peterson would be that player.

I believe we had a thread on this very subject just a few months ago. And yes, Peterson was the favorite in that thread also.

Beantown Bronco 03-18-2013 03:10 PM

I love Patrick Willis as much as the next guy, but I'm not even sure he's the best LB on that team any more.

It's got to be Peterson. If he can single handedly take that pathetic team in Minnesota to the playoffs last year, he can certainly help us get over the playoff hump. Seriously, take him off that team last year and do they win a single game?

BroncoFiend 03-18-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3816426)
Darren McFadden

How would he help us after he gets hurt Week 4?

It would be hard to go against Peterson, for sheer entertainment value if nothing else. But I think I would choose Willis, the guy is the best in the league at a very important position that we are weak at.

Kaylore 03-18-2013 03:17 PM

godenethor would vote Peyton Hillis

It's tough to say. On defense maybe Patrick Peterson because of the return value and offense I'd say Doug Martin because he's young.

spdirty 03-18-2013 03:18 PM

Elvis Dumervil.

OBF1 03-18-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3816443)
Elvis Dumervil.

EPIC FAIL :rofl:

Pick Six 03-18-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3816432)
JJ Watt.

Our DT's are nothing special, we very rarely get any pressure up the middle unless it's from stunting Von. I'm confident our O can score points against any opponent next year, but the defense still has a few question marks. Watt would answer these questions, IMO.

Cosigned. Watt is a beast...:thumbs:

03-18-2013 03:33 PM

Without a doubt Adrian Peterson. Offense scores 50 a game.

Rohirrim 03-18-2013 03:35 PM

J.J. Watt. With Von, Doom and Wolfe? We'd be impossible to stop.

03-18-2013 03:40 PM

Jj swatt.

underrated29 03-18-2013 03:43 PM

Id be looking at about 6 different guys.

AD, megatron, Gronk, Ngata, Suh, Watt.


And I would probably go with Suh or Ngata. I think we need a DT that can plug the run and destroy the QBs world (pocket) and force him into the dirt or von or doom or wheover the hell we have rushing off the edge. Ngata is the more proven but lower ceiling. Suh is less proven but higher ceiling imo.


I go Suh.

Tombstone RJ 03-18-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFiend (Post 3816440)
How would he help us after he gets hurt Week 4?

It would be hard to go against Peterson, for sheer entertainment value if nothing else. But I think I would choose Willis, the guy is the best in the league at a very important position that we are weak at.

I really like McFadden's ability to be a receiver out of the backfield, I think Manning would absolutely love having him around. Add to that the fact that he's a fantastic RB and it's just something I think would work extremely well. Sure, he has had injury issues but outside of him, who have the faiders had on offense that is any kind of a threat? When McFadden is playing, they are a different team IMHO.

RocBronc 03-18-2013 03:45 PM

Peterson would be sweet but Manning to Megatron would be amazing...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.