The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT --Woman Rights Question. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110492)

Quoydogs 03-16-2013 01:57 PM

OT --Woman Rights Question.

So I watched a show on TV last night about the cruise ship that hit rocks and went down about a year ago. The captain just bailed and didn't even notify the passengers. Anyways there was this lady on there b****en about the people were just all in it for themselves. She said everyone made sure the kids were taken care of but there was no woman and children first.

With woman's rights now should it still be woman and children first or just children first ?

If i was on a sinking ship and it was between my wife and I she would go but if it was some Lucy I did not know then why should I have to give up my seat if we have equal rights ?

How do you all fill on this subject ? Am I just an a-hole ? or do I have a valid point.

DBroncos4life 03-16-2013 02:14 PM

It's not even a real law.

DBroncos4life 03-16-2013 02:17 PM

Although never part of international maritime law, the phrase was popularised by its usage on the RMS Titanic,[6] where, as a consequence of this practice, 74% of the women on board were saved and 52% of the children, but only 20% of the men.[7] Some officers on the Titanic misinterpreted the order from Captain Smith, and tried to prevent men from boarding the lifeboats.[8][9] It was intended that women and children would board first, with any remaining free spaces for men. Because so few men were saved on the Titanic, the men who did survive were initially branded as cowards, including White Star official, J. Bruce Ismay.[10]

There is no legal basis for the protocol of women and children first according to International Maritime Organization regulations, ships have 30 minutes to load all passengers into lifeboats and maneuver the boats away.[11] History has furthermore shown that application of the protocol has been the exception rather than the rule. An Uppsala University study published in April 2012, found that historical survival rates have been in favor of adult males rather than women or children. The paper analyzed 18 maritime disasters covering a period of one and a half centuries, from 1852 to 2011. The same study found that crew members have a relative survival advantage over passengers. The particular case of RMS Titanic is therefore not representative of maritime conduct in general.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_children_first

Bronco Boy 03-16-2013 02:37 PM

My question as a single guy is, why do men still always have to pay for dinner?

03-16-2013 02:39 PM

Women's rights.... Hahaha good one

peacepipe 03-16-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Boy (Post 3815590)

Don't have to,but it doesn't hurt if you're trying to get laid.

OBF1 03-16-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Simple... You want what they have more than they want what you have Hilarious!

bombay 03-16-2013 02:50 PM

How did a group that constitutes 51% of the world's population get their noses under the tent of affirmative action?

gunns 03-16-2013 02:55 PM

I don't think it's a law, they just looked at it as the right thing to do. If I were on a sinking ship it would definitely be children first, then anyone younger than me, which is probably most everyone.

I never knew men HAVE to pay for dinner. If someone invites me out to dinner, they should pay. If they ask if I'd like to join a group I figure I'm paying for my own. If I invite someone out, I pay. If a guy is paying as he figures he's buying a night in bed, I pay for my own.

Inkana7 03-16-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombay (Post 3815596)
How did a group that constitutes 51% of the world's population get their noses under the tent of affirmative action?

I pray this isn't a serious question.

bombay 03-16-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkana7 (Post 3815607)

You pray? I just thought it might stimulate a little discussion.

bronco militia 03-16-2013 03:43 PM

If she makes me a sandwich, then she can have my seat

ant1999e 03-16-2013 03:58 PM

Women's right? You mean right to do my laundry and cook my dinner? And the most important, the right to be silent unless spoken to.

Rohirrim 03-16-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkana7 (Post 3815607)

Whatchou mean, Willis?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a..._i_338679a.jpg

bronco militia 03-16-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3815642)

Bwahaha

ghwk 03-16-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Jesus Christ, you haven't figured that one out yet?

It's because we don't have a Vagina. Now go pay the tab and maybe you get lucky!

broncosteven 03-16-2013 07:40 PM

I always figured it was because men were stronger and had a better shot a swimming long enough to get picked up later, except in the case of the Titanic where it was too cold for anyone to survive. Look how long those poor guys from the Indianapolis lasted even with sharks attacking them.

Plus I think the values of Women and children 1st are important ones to pass on. What kind of society are we if we are constantly thinking only of ourselves. The other day I took my daughter to the library. I have been slowed by a couple car accidents so my daughter got ahead of me and to the door 1st. She saw an old lady making her way to the door with her daughter and mine saw they needed help and opened the door and held it for them. They both said thank-you and I saw my daughter smile, I caught it and when we got in the car I thanked her for opening the door and holding it for them and I asked her if it felt good, she said yes, and I told her she even got paid with a Thank-you and asked her if that made it feel even better which she said yes to. I told her people might not pay her with a Thank-you everytime but that is why it makes it more special when she gets one. Solid life lesson accomplished.

03-16-2013 08:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlR6C...e_gdata_player

Mogulseeker 03-16-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3815593)
Simple... You want what they have more than they want what you have Hilarious!

PRetty much this.

Archer81 03-16-2013 08:57 PM

If you got girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but vajayjay aint one.

Hit meh!

:Broncos:

Bronco Boy 03-16-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3815773)
If you got girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but vajayjay aint one.

Hit meh!

How does it get determined who pays on dates in your situation? This is a serious question.

Archer81 03-16-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Boy (Post 3815804)
How does it get determined who pays on dates in your situation? This is a serious question.

Whoever is the asker pays.

Pick Six 03-16-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3815810)
Whoever is the asker pays.

Given that criteria, the man is NORMALLY the one asking the woman out on a date. I think we have that issue settled...

Archer81 03-17-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3815830)
Given that criteria, the man is NORMALLY the one asking the woman out on a date. I think we have that issue settled...

Considering the addition of M/M and F/F pairings, I dont think you can use man/women dynamics. Being that it is 2013, and alot would depend on the individuals in question, whoever asks the other out, pays. Where you would be going, at what time would also factor in. For coffee, who cares who pays? Its just coffee. But if its a week in mexico, whoever makes the most $ should then fork over a larger share of the cost, which is covered under the "asking first" doctrine.

Beantown Bronco 03-17-2013 08:27 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lysWbzQyiWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>