The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The future according to Dr. Bill Deagle MD (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110473)

baja 03-15-2013 09:45 AM

The future according to Dr. Bill Deagle MD
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdri2hRgT04

Rohirrim 03-15-2013 11:32 AM

There's a Conspiracy Con? Damn! That's some rich soil for a Steve Carell comedy right there. I haven't worked in the screenwriting format for years but I still have Final Draft on this PC. Must get to work... ;D

houghtam 03-15-2013 11:43 AM

Will there be any guys who throw like girls and are thus less manly in this future?

W*GS 03-15-2013 11:57 AM

Everyone who knows the Truth stays away from these bogus Conspira-Cons. Those are just part of the Conspiracy.

Rohirrim 03-15-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3814076)
Everyone who knows the Truth stays away from these bogus Conspira-Cons. Those are just part of the Conspiracy.

Hilarious!

baja 03-15-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3814049)
Will there be any guys who throw like girls and are thus less manly in this future?

More importantly there will be a large numbers that will not have a clue as to how to take care of themselves and their families when systems do break down be it natural disaster, war, false flag or economic collapse.

Rohirrim 03-15-2013 12:16 PM

Everybody needs to lighten up. Here. Crank this up...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L0GSR2s9vmE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim 03-15-2013 12:20 PM

Here's the second verse...

Saw a man with the jinx in the third degree
From trying to deal with people--people you can't see
Take away, take away, this house of mirrors
Give away, give away, all the souvenirs
We're all in the same boat ready to float off the edge of the world
The flat old world


Sing along. ;D

houghtam 03-15-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3814100)
More importantly there will be a large numbers that will not have a clue as to how to take care of themselves and their families when systems do break down be it natural disaster, war, false flag or economic collapse.

What, in your opinion, would be the best indicator of whether I'm ready for a natural disaster?

- I can throw a spiral.

- I can hit home on a rope 9 times out of 10 from center field.

- I'm probably better than anyone on this board at darts (regular or lawn)

- Also horseshoes.

Are any of those necessary things in a natural disaster/in order for my son to be a manly man?

Rohirrim 03-15-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3814245)
What, in your opinion, would be the best indicator of whether I'm ready for a natural disaster?

- I can throw a spiral.

- I can hit home on a rope 9 times out of 10 from center field.

- I'm probably better than anyone on this board at darts (regular or lawn)

- Also horseshoes.

Are any of those necessary things in a natural disaster/in order for my son to be a manly man?

Darts? Care for a little Cricket? :~ohyah!:

houghtam 03-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3814274)
Darts? Care for a little Cricket? :~ohyah!:

Hells yes! I usually play 501 2x in/out, butcricket will work, too...I mean, we're in a future wasteland where every day is a struggle to survive. We're going to need something to pass the time, amirite?

The Lone Bolt 03-15-2013 03:38 PM

The future according to Ray Kurzweil

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8XWXJDgbeP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja 03-15-2013 04:37 PM

SINGULARITY - the greatest threat to human existence since the beginning of time yet most of you will embrace it. You will stand in line to be chipped then get in the next line for your Stepford wife just like you did for you iPhone. Wake up!

The Lone Bolt 03-15-2013 05:05 PM

Sorry you feel that way Baja. I believe that the Singularity means the end of disease, poverty, and old age. It means that all of us will be able to enjoy indefinite youth, perfect health, and dramatically increased intelligence. Our ability to consume will be greatly outstripped by our ability to supply. Our access to vast amounts of information will be instantaneous. Our decision making will be collective and not hierarchical.

Put your anxiety on hold and try to imagine the potential for humanity.

baja 03-15-2013 05:22 PM

Anybody ever tell you the story of the Trojan Horse?

cutthemdown 03-15-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3814245)
What, in your opinion, would be the best indicator of whether I'm ready for a natural disaster?

- I can throw a spiral.

- I can hit home on a rope 9 times out of 10 from center field.

- I'm probably better than anyone on this board at darts (regular or lawn)

- Also horseshoes.

Are any of those necessary things in a natural disaster/in order for my son to be a manly man?

old school lawn darts or the new style p***Y ones that don't even kill one kid a yr?

Rohirrim 03-15-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 3814904)
Sorry you feel that way Baja. I believe that the Singularity means the end of disease, poverty, and old age. It means that all of us will be able to enjoy indefinite youth, perfect health, and dramatically increased intelligence. Our ability to consume will be greatly outstripped by our ability to supply. Our access to vast amounts of information will be instantaneous. Our decision making will be collective and not hierarchical.

Put your anxiety on hold and try to imagine the potential for humanity.

Sounds like the Borg.

The Lone Bolt 03-15-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3815236)
Sounds like the Borg.

Resistance is futile. ;D

W*GS 03-16-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3814930)
Anybody ever tell you the story of the Trojan Horse?

You mean this one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WFqxPCBXwP...jan+rabbit.jpg

BroncsRule 03-16-2013 10:22 AM

I thought Kurzweil's Singularity is the moment in time when the first machine becomes self aware..

AKA "the Rapture of the Nerds".

houghtam 03-16-2013 10:35 AM

Anyone ever read Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke?

IMO that's what the singularity is.

Except its thousands of years off and a natural process, not right around the corner due to an alien invasion.

baja 03-16-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3814245)
What, in your opinion, would be the best indicator of whether I'm ready for a natural disaster?

- I can throw a spiral.

- I can hit home on a rope 9 times out of 10 from center field.

- I'm probably better than anyone on this board at darts (regular or lawn)

- Also horseshoes.

Are any of those necessary things in a natural disaster/in order for my son to be a manly man?

You misunderstand me. It is not the father's lack of athletic ability I find harmful it is the pervasive media portrayal of men being weak and helpless.

There is a programing going on. I am surprised more do not see given it is so in your face.

Rohirrim 03-16-2013 11:19 AM

Just to take one small issue out of the thousands presented by such an idea: Has anybody looked at what the combination of climate change and population growth has done to this planet and then projected forward the outcome of aging being reversed and people living much longer?

I think the human capacity for innovation outpaces the human capacity to evolve the consciousness needed to deal with much of the innovation. In simple terms: We invent the internet and then use it for porno. I rest my case. :thanku:

Rohirrim 03-16-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3815479)
You misunderstand me. It is not the father's lack of athletic ability I find harmful it is the pervasive media portrayal of men being weak and helpless.

There is a programing going on. I am surprised more do not see given it is so in your face.

I saw Skyfall last night, so I can't agree. ;D

The Lone Bolt 03-16-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncsRule (Post 3815445)
I thought Kurzweil's Singularity is the moment in time when the first machine becomes self aware..

AKA "the Rapture of the Nerds".

The Singularity has been around as a concept for decades. Kurzweil just wrote a book presenting the supporting evidence and predicting when it will occur.

It's based on the Law of Accellerating Returns, which posits that technological advance is increasing as time goes by. An example of this is "Moore's Law" created by Intel founder Gordon Moore in the 1960s. It states that the number of transistors that can fit on a single microprocessor will double every 2 years. Not only has it proven accurate, but, as Kurzweil has pointed out, it has increased to every year.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ooresLawai.jpg

(Note that this is a logarithmic chart)

So the Singularity is when technological innovation reaches the point of the curve that is almost vertical and advances come so fast they seem instantaneous. After that it's becomes imposible to predict what happens.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.