The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Why haven't we signed anyone today? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110464)

bowtown 03-14-2013 01:56 PM

Why haven't we signed anyone today?
 
WTF is going on? I heard that there were guys who got snatched up today that we weren't even rumored to be attached to. Elway is losing it.

BMarsh615 03-14-2013 01:58 PM

Bowlen's broke!

Boltjolt 03-14-2013 02:07 PM

Elway should have at least signed someone to take over for Rahim Moore. He is a very weak link on your team. I thought he sucked before that god awful play against the Ravens. Moore helped Flacco get that 120 million for sure.

Que 03-14-2013 02:07 PM

Tearing this team apart!

mwill07 03-14-2013 02:19 PM

we are pressed up against the cap until someone takes a haircut or is released.

03-14-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 3813354)
Elway should have at least signed someone to take over for Rahim Moore. He is a very weak link on your team. I thought he sucked before that god awful play against the Ravens. Moore helped Flacco get that 120 million for sure.

Real original take, congrats. Enjoy your rebuilding year.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-14-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwill07 (Post 3813374)
we are pressed up against the cap until someone takes a haircut or is released.

We're fine capwise.

But good question, i was expecting at least4 more today!

03-14-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 3813354)
Elway should have at least signed someone to take over for Rahim Moore. He is a very weak link on your team. I thought he sucked before that god awful play against the Ravens. Moore helped Flacco get that 120 million for sure.

Cool story. How much film of Rahim Moore have you watched exactly? Hell, did you even watch every Bronco game last season? Those are rhetorical questions as the answers are obvious to all.

Cito Pelon 03-14-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwill07 (Post 3813374)
we are pressed up against the cap until someone takes a haircut or is released.

The two phrases that keep going through my mind are:

"Cash outlay"
"Internal cash budget"

Elway might be able to work the cap with some restructuring, but the "cash outlay" is the holdup.

RaiderH8r 03-14-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3813390)
Real original take, congrats. Enjoy your rebuilding year.

To be fair, Flacco should send Rahim at least a few million for making Flacco an elite QB.

cutthemdown 03-14-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 3813354)
Elway should have at least signed someone to take over for Rahim Moore. He is a very weak link on your team. I thought he sucked before that god awful play against the Ravens. Moore helped Flacco get that 120 million for sure.

Better get some blockers soon or princess phillip going to be having a rough yr. Outside of Moore what do you think is the Broncos next biggest problem? It's getting to the point where Broncos don't have a lot of weak spots. Chargers may get busted for 50 points by this offense.

cutthemdown 03-14-2013 05:17 PM

Broncos may be mostly done in FA. Can only spend so much money. It's probably work the draft time. Then after that more FA as vets get cut for rookies etc etc. I bet Broncos eventually scoop up some RB that has few choices left.

It seems like a buyers market out there for the teams. I can't remember 3-4-5 decent number 2 CB's lasting so long on the market then going for 4-5 mil a yr. KC grabbed a couple decent ones and Broncos grabbed one also. Seems to me that Chiefs are the only team in the West trying to keep up with Broncos.

broncosteven 03-14-2013 05:21 PM

Elway did Lonestars CAP Math, said "HOLY SNAPS" then ran away with his dog Jake and Jakes Rainacorn wife to a cartoon land where he can slay dragons and have lots of happy adventures.

theAPAOps5 03-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 3813354)
Elway should have at least signed someone to take over for Rahim Moore. He is a very weak link on your team. I thought he sucked before that god awful play against the Ravens. Moore helped Flacco get that 120 million for sure.

Wow, this is what has happened to the once proud Charger fans....... This



Man Lord of No Rings AJ Smith really screwed you guys.

Dr. Broncenstein 03-14-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3813616)
Wow, this is what has happened to the once proud Charger fans....... This



Man Lord of No Rings AJ Smith really screwed you guys.

In all seriousness, when were Charger fans ever proud? Their golden era lasted about as long as a typical liberal arts education... with about as much to show for their efforts.

Bigdawg26 03-14-2013 08:37 PM

Why haven't we cut Mays and Kuper yet is the question! Also, when is Doom going take his pay cut.

boltaneer 03-14-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3813505)
Outside of Moore what do you think is the Broncos next biggest problem? It's getting to the point where Broncos don't have a lot of weak spots.

You're right in that there are not a lot of weak spots and signing Vasquez and Welker was great for your offense but I still see issues with the defense.

Both safety spots are weak. Linebacker could use some help and the Ravens exposing Bailey in the playoffs is a red flag. And if you lose Dumervil, that could be a big problems as teams would be able to focus on Miller.

If the Broncos manage to keep Dumervil for this year, I'd be much more nervous about Denver's defense despite the other issues.

cutthemdown 03-14-2013 09:03 PM

Maybe Mays will take a low salary and stick around to play bkup lb and special teams.

cutthemdown 03-14-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaneer (Post 3813637)
You're right in that there are not a lot of weak spots and signing Vasquez and Welker was great for your offense but I still see issues with the defense.

Both safety spots are weak. Linebacker could use some help and the Ravens exposing Bailey in the playoffs is a red flag. And if you lose Dumervil, that could be a big problems as teams would be able to focus on Miller.

If the Broncos manage to keep Dumervil for this year, I'd be much more nervous about Denver's defense despite the other issues.

O think Moore getting a bad rap because he choked on that hail mary but he played pretty good for a 2nd yr player. I do agree though we need a safety, MLB, stud DT and either doom or another DE to really be a dominant defense.

But its good enough without doom to stop the Chargers. Gates old, Mathews stinks, Rivers mechanics have fallen apart and you literally have no oline. How could you not be scared of any defense lol. Chargers may be in line for a top 5 pick next yr.

yerner 03-14-2013 09:12 PM

wouldn't mind if they got bradshaw and just drafted defense.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-14-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaneer (Post 3813637)
You're right in that there are not a lot of weak spots and signing Vasquez and Welker was great for your offense but I still see issues with the defense.

Both safety spots are weak. Linebacker could use some help and the Ravens exposing Bailey in the playoffs is a red flag. And if you lose Dumervil, that could be a big problems as teams would be able to focus on Miller.

If the Broncos manage to keep Dumervil for this year, I'd be much more nervous about Denver's defense despite the other issues.

Our safeties were so weak we had the number 2 d in the league last year. And enough with the bailey bs. It was 2 plays in a year when he was lights out. And EVERY SINGLE TEAM has weak spots.

boltaneer 03-14-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3813645)
O think Moore getting a bad rap because he choked on that hail mary but he played pretty good for a 2nd yr player. I do agree though we need a safety, MLB, stud DT and either doom or another DE to really be a dominant defense.

But its good enough without doom to stop the Chargers. Gates old, Mathews stinks, Rivers mechanics have fallen apart and you literally have no oline. How could you not be scared of any defense lol. Chargers may be in line for a top 5 pick next yr.

This has nothing to do with the Chargers. I was just responding to your question about what other weak areas the Broncos had. And I've already said that I think this is going to be more of a rebuild year than anything else.

But if I had to predict the direction the Chargers are going to go this year, they're obviously going to find o-linemen in the draft. But I see McCoy going with a fairly conservative offense which focuses on the running game to shorten the game and protect Rivers since this o-line isn't going to be great in one off season. Let the defense which is much stronger at this point in time keep them in games.

They're going to have to find a running back from somewhere though since right now they pretty much only have Mathews and we all know he isn't going to last 16 games. And speaking of running backs, Denver could likely use an upgrade in that area as well.

cutthemdown 03-14-2013 11:29 PM

Usually a crappy oline Bolt forces you to throw and hope your QB can stay alive. I could see Rivers getting injured this yr. If they try and run but don't get first downs its going to be a tough haul for Rivers.

Also we lost that game mostly because McCoy went to damn conservative.

cutthemdown 03-14-2013 11:32 PM

The Broncos safetys are not a strength of the team and an area Elway still needs to work on a bit more. Carter getting injured and now arrested isn't good. Adams a journeyman and Moore as we all saw still has to get better. Moore though has ability and improved last yr. I bet he plays well this upcoming season and starts to get some picks.

03-15-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3813685)
Usually a crappy oline Bolt forces you to throw and hope your QB can stay alive. I could see Rivers getting injured this yr. If they try and run but don't get first downs its going to be a tough haul for Rivers.

Also we lost that game mostly because McCoy went to damn conservative.

Rivers is done. You watch him play the last two years and you see the guy cannot throw the ball anymore. He throws lazy passes now. The game at Mile High last year he has a guy open down the middle and Rivers chucks it but cannot get it as far as he needs and it is intercepted. He seems to have one of those every single game. They should trade him while there still is a market. They come out smelling like a rose the way Cincinnati did trading Palmer.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.