The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   RB status - FA checklist (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110429)

ZONA 03-13-2013 02:17 PM

RB status - FA checklist
 
So let's figure out who's still left

These guys are already signed. Feel free to add to the list.

Mendenhall - Cardinals
Greene - Titans
Bush - Lions

Requiem 03-13-2013 02:20 PM

Steven Jackson.

End thread.

Load up on a guy in the draft. Start molesting the NFL.

broncos-rock 03-13-2013 02:25 PM

Ahmad Bradshaw is who we need running the rock

ZONA 03-13-2013 02:29 PM

I'm curious with all the FA's we signed which fills those needs, if the Broncos aren't preparing to package some picks to move up and grab Lacy.

uplink 03-14-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncos-rock (Post 3811764)
Ahmad Bradshaw is who we need running the rock

I haven't watched him play much since I mostly just watch broncos games. He is reported to be a good pass catcher/blocker, averages 4.5 ypc or more, and is only 27. Seems the only knock are injuries with him. Seems like a good pickup on the cheap if possible.

StugotsIII 03-14-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3811750)
Steven Jackson.

End thread.

Load up on a guy in the draft. Start molesting the NFL.

Only if he can be bought at a conservative price…

He's in the twilight of his career and his production has dwindled for the last 4 years.

I'd go with a younger veteran back and draft the best available RB in the draft.

TonyR 03-14-2013 12:50 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=16

kamakazi_kal 03-14-2013 12:53 PM

we should talk with the cash strapped Panthers. I'd take either of their 2 starters.

ozomulsion 03-15-2013 05:48 AM

If anyone who reads this has a draft evaluation chart, please share.
Others who would fit the Broncos' big back mold would be Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell, Texas A&M's Christine Michael and Stanford's Stepfan Taylor.

Any of these 3 have things I love about them and want on our team. I would rather have Latamore and have Knowshon/Willis start. Until he's healthy. When he completely heals, he's top 10 talent.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 03-15-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozomulsion (Post 3813744)
If anyone who reads this has a draft evaluation chart, please share.
Others who would fit the Broncos' big back mold would be Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell, Texas A&M's Christine Michael and Stanford's Stepfan Taylor.

Any of these 3 have things I love about them and want on our team. I would rather have Latamore and have Knowshon/Willis start. Until he's healthy. When he completely heals, he's top 10 talent.

I'm on record LOVING the Taylor idea. He's the ideal workhorse back for this offense and situation, and on top of that he's a quality guy with a good head on his shoulders.

Stepfan Taylor in the 2nd or 3rd.

barryr 03-15-2013 06:44 AM

I'd go with Taylor in the 3rd if looking for a RB. Bell is bigger, but Taylor is shiftier. Michael was someone to look at too, but he missed meetings at the combine for oversleeping, so one has to wonder how serious he is about football. But no way should the Broncos trade up in the 1st to get a RB. Bradshaw is probably the best option in terms of free agents.

ozomulsion 03-15-2013 07:04 AM

Taylor for me too. I was just watching tape and he squares his shoulders for tough yards better than the others.
Go back and watch Ronnie Hillman's 2011 highlight tape for a good cry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbSeGoaNilE

Smiling Assassin27 03-15-2013 07:17 AM

I wonder if Michael Turner has anything left. He intrigues me due to his size. In a platoon system with, say, Stepfan Taylor, this could work.

03-15-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 3813786)
I wonder if Michael Turner has anything left.

He doesn't

underrated29 03-15-2013 08:35 AM

Guys left-

Turner
Beanie wells
Bradshaw
Maybe mike Goodson


I want none of the above!
I'm still surprised that Carolina still has all of their rbs.

03-15-2013 08:36 AM

Goodson signed with NYJ

03-15-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryr (Post 3813767)
I'd go with Taylor in the 3rd if looking for a RB. Bell is bigger, but Taylor is shiftier. Michael was someone to look at too, but he missed meetings at the combine for oversleeping, so one has to wonder how serious he is about football. But no way should the Broncos trade up in the 1st to get a RB. Bradshaw is probably the best option in terms of free agents.

Stepfan Taylor will be available much later than the 3rd. His 40 time murdered his stock.

Dexter 03-15-2013 10:30 AM

Yeah.. I don't think anyone should be too upset we didn't nab a RB in FA.

There are A LOT of good options in the draft rounds 2-4.

In order of who I like:

Le'veon Bell
Jonathan Franklin
Eddie Lacy
Joseph Randle
Montee Ball
Stephan Taylor
Knile Davis
Christine Micheal

Houshyamama 03-15-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3811783)
I'm curious with all the FA's we signed which fills those needs, if the Broncos aren't preparing to package some picks to move up and grab Lacy.

If we have to move up to grab Lacy, I don't see him being a Bronco. I'd be OK with that pick where we are, but I think moving up is overpaying.

Dexter 03-15-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underrated29 (Post 3813836)
Guys left-

Turner
Beanie wells
Bradshaw
Maybe mike Goodson


I want none of the above!
I'm still surprised that Carolina still has all of their rbs.

Bradshaw would be awesome in this offense if he gets healthy and stays healthy. That's a big if though. Definitely no thanks to Wells, or Tuner. Goodson signed with the jets, but no thanks to him too.

ZONA 03-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshyamama (Post 3813973)
If we have to move up to grab Lacy, I don't see him being a Bronco. I'd be OK with that pick where we are, but I think moving up is overpaying.

I should have been more clear - package later picks to move up in the 2nd. He's not going in the 1st but I bet he's going early 2nd. I would move our 4th and 5th to move up in the 2nd. But really, somebody else mentioned, maybe it's a better idea the Broncos move out of the 1st altogether and pick up a high to mid second. If Lacy falls, great. If not, I'm sure Bell or Ball will still be there.

kent156 03-15-2013 12:13 PM

what are the odds that jacksonville is willing to trade maurice jones drew now?

Tombstone RJ 03-15-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3814056)
I should have been more clear - package later picks to move up in the 2nd. He's not going in the 1st but I bet he's going early 2nd. I would move our 4th and 5th to move up in the 2nd. But really, somebody else mentioned, maybe it's a better idea the Broncos move out of the 1st altogether and pick up a high to mid second. If Lacy falls, great. If not, I'm sure Bell or Ball will still be there.

I won't be suprised if the Broncos trade out of the first round...

barryr 03-15-2013 12:32 PM

I'm always in favor of trading down since the talent level is usually not that big a drop from a pick to the next 10-12 picks. If the Broncos do look RB with the top pick I would prefer a trade down and get an extra pick or 2. If they look RB in the first round though, then Bernard should be the guy IMO.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.