The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Let the ESPN Boycott Begin! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110420)

Jekyll15Hyde 03-13-2013 10:19 AM

Let the ESPN Boycott Begin!

We knew it was already coming but you can officially stop watching ESPN today.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...-espn-nfl-team

:espnsux:

carry on

03-13-2013 10:23 AM

You see the irony here, right?

edog24 03-13-2013 10:27 AM

I have pretty much written them off since they turned into a high school dunk contest every morning shoving lebron down my throat for a half hour while I drink coffee.

bronco militia 03-13-2013 10:29 AM

ever since ESPN got rid of the NHL, I maybe watch Sportscenter once or twice a year

peacepipe 03-13-2013 10:32 AM

LOL,you guys need to get over it.

razorwire77 03-13-2013 10:35 AM

Maybe he'll stab Chris Berman or Merril Hoge. One can hope.

Tombstone RJ 03-13-2013 10:39 AM

I only watch esspn for monday night football and draft coverage, othewise, nada.

BroncoMan4ever 03-13-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3811183)
Maybe he'll stab Chris Berman or Merril Hoge. One can hope.

he stabs Stephen A Smith and i will ship the guy a fruit basket.

Jekyll15Hyde 03-13-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3811187)
I only watch esspn for monday night football and draft coverage, othewise, nada.

I was as well but now have to find a way around those. NFLN isnt bad for draft.

03-13-2013 10:43 AM

Not sure how I'd survive FA without ESPN. Just this morning Schef posted a whole article that basically said nothing more than "Nobody knows what Welker's doing yet."

How would we get by without knowing that?

In all seriousness though, I love Schef.

I may not mind, however if Rayray were to perform a switchblade voicectomy on Boom. :)

Mediator12 03-13-2013 10:44 AM

I only watch ESPN for NCAA basketball, when they own the rights.

I have not watched SC for at least 8 years.

Also, not a fan of McShay or Kiper at all.

Crushaholic 03-13-2013 10:58 AM

I, generally, only watch MNF when the Broncos are playing. It's not the television event that it used to be...

Tombstone RJ 03-13-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde (Post 3811197)
I was as well but now have to find a way around those. NFLN isnt bad for draft.

It's a toss up between the two, I tend to flip channels. I have noticed that espn (outside of Kiper's tardation) is solid when it comes to info. on the players. NFLN for whatever reason doesn't seem to be as comprehensive in their draft coverage, JMHO of course.

Drek 03-13-2013 11:08 AM

Begin? I can't recall the last time I watched ESPN for anything other than the handful of worthwhile live broadcasts they have locked up.

Stabby Ray should fit right in there though.

Drek 03-13-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3811237)
It's a toss up between the two, I tend to flip channels. I have noticed that espn (outside of Kiper's tardation) is solid when it comes to info. on the players. NFLN for whatever reason doesn't seem to be as comprehensive in their draft coverage, JMHO of course.

I just can't get over Berman's "prediction" shtick when he's being handed cue cards that say the upcoming selections before they're announced.

OBF1 03-13-2013 11:21 AM

OP... get a life.

I have not watched sports center in what seems a lifetime, BUT if there is a sporting event I want to see, Personally I do not care what station it is coming from, I will watch it.

I do not watch sports because somebody is a commentator.

Jekyll15Hyde 03-13-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drek (Post 3811238)
Begin? I can't recall the last time I watched ESPN for anything other than the handful of worthwhile live broadcasts they have locked up.

Stabby Ray should fit right in there though.

I dislike Stabby Ray (I like that) so much that I will try to stream the content now with a little delay and lower quality than watch that channel.

gunns 03-13-2013 11:24 AM

Thank heavens it's ESPN. Only watch that as I flip channels to see Bronco highlights after they win.

Quoydogs 03-13-2013 11:27 AM

I heard a few seconds of some good news the other day. We will call it Lite-rail news because I'm not sure where I heard it but they said there was a new sports station coming out to challenge ESPN. They said it has been 20 years since anyone has tried. It is supposed to be a completely new platform . I just wish I could remember where I heard it. Might have been CNN.

Drek 03-13-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quoydogs (Post 3811266)
I heard a few seconds of some good news the other day. We will call it Lite-rail news because I'm not sure where I heard it but they said there was a new sports station coming out to challenge ESPN. They said it has been 20 years since anyone has tried. It is supposed to be a completely new platform . I just wish I could remember where I heard it. Might have been CNN.

Both NBC and Fox are preparing competing 24 hour sports networks. NBC already has their started (NBC Sports, obviously). Rupert Murdoch has apparently made it clear that he plans to start their sports channel much like he did Fox News and Fox Business, with a large wad of cash to buy as much mind share as possible.

Rockybronk 03-13-2013 11:45 AM

"God don't make mistakes....." Yeah, well too bad ESPN isn't God. That sucks. We can only hope Ray the Knife slips on his dagger when he opens the show with his ego fueled stomping version of tiptoeing through the tulips. Hope he pulls a groin right off the bat.

Aftermath 03-13-2013 11:59 AM

ESPN is for noobs.

Boobs McGee 03-13-2013 12:04 PM

I went through a hate fest with ESPN, but realized that it was mainly a strong disdain for Stuart Scott. His whole "every highlight is going to be ebonically charged!" shtick got pretty old. I watch ESPN mostly to catch up on the day's highlights, but can't change the channel fast enough when old Stu comes on...thank goodness for highlight express on ESPN2

RhymesayersDU 03-13-2013 12:35 PM

"Waaaaaaaaah ESPN waaaaaaaaaaah"

What a bunch of dorks.

ZONA 03-13-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3811187)

You'd be better off watching the draft on NFL Network. Much better then ESPN. Unless you have a boner for Mel Kiper Jr, lol.

ESPN sucks - I only watch MNF so I watch that show for 3 hours 16 times a year. :strong:

Actually, since I have a DVR, I get through the game in 1 hour. So 16 total hours annually on ESPN. :strong: