The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trade Twilight? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110415)

tesnyde 03-12-2013 08:28 PM

Trade Twilight?

So if Twilight really would be one of the top QBs in this draft if he would have stayed at ASU, is it too early to explore the market for him? I think we should explore it now that PFM proved he can still play, passed his physical and re-upped, especially in our win now mode, but what can we get for him? Thoughts? Go...

Rabb 03-12-2013 08:29 PM

Your post count is fitting based on this one, wow

tesnyde 03-12-2013 08:44 PM

Not my post count but my asset, investment, ROI, and background in being an analysts who generates above-average returns. He is an asset that could provide a return worth more than his current value to our team.. That is a worthwhile business decision. Sunk cost should be ignored, but if the return is greater than the investment it should be explored.

DivineLegion 03-12-2013 08:46 PM

What he means is...

Lay off the Drugs pal!

Your certainly doing your rodent dropping duties.

Mogulseeker 03-12-2013 08:50 PM

lolwut

I don't think they drafted Brock to be a "plan b" in case Manning goes down.

theAPAOps5 03-12-2013 08:50 PM

What is with the lame thread titles today. It is worded like it is a rumor. Why not use something that makes sense like "Why not trade Twilight?"

Mogulseeker 03-12-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810695)
Not my post count but my asset, investment, ROI, and background in being an analysts who generates above-average returns. He is an asset that could provide a return worth more than his current value to our team.. That is a worthwhile business decision. Sunk cost should be ignored, but if the return is greater than the investment it should be explored.

Have you ever thought that Elway might value him as a top ten pick? That is, his pet project might be worth the 10th overall pick, but if he had the 10th pick he would pursue Ozzy.

See what I'm saying...

DivineLegion 03-12-2013 08:52 PM

Ok, so you want to get analytical, and really have this conversation. What you are basing your idea of return on is clearly the league trend of getting second round picks for back up Quarterbacks. What you fail to realize, or forgot to include in your analysis, is most of the backups who have been dealt in the past have seen significant playing time. Now you clearly stated that because Osweiler could have stayed in college, and could have been a concinsous top pick that, that is his actual value; your wrong. Osweiler did not stay in college, and his value has been assessed as a second round draft pick, but like a car whose driven off the lot, his value has deminished until he proves otherwise. That's where you are making the mistake.

bowtown 03-12-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810695)

Yeah, do you often just take wild guesses at future returns based on no actual real information before trading an asset? Because, as of right now, that's what you have on Brock. My guess is that with most of your deals you actually have some substantial data to build a model off of. Or do you just shoot from the hip and hope it works out in the end?

tesnyde 03-12-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy (Post 3810704)
Have you ever thought that Elway might value him as a top ten pick? That is, his pet project might be worth the 10th overall pick, but if he had the 10th pick he would pursue Ozzy.

See what I'm saying...

I get it. I am just thinking that if we can parlay him into an immediate assets that helps today, it is worth asking the question. For example, the Bills are desperate. What would they offer? After that pirated phone call, they seem desperate for a franchise QB. Fortune favors the brave.

tesnyde 03-12-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3810709)
Yeah, do you often just take wild guesses at future returns based on no actual real information before trading an asset? Because, as of right now, that's what you have on Brock. My guess is that with most of your deals you actually have some substantial data to build a model off of. Or do you just shoot from the hip and hope it works out in the end?

Your right. I use data and I am dedicated to the Baldrige Cirteria for Performance Excellence, which often starts with meeting with my cabinet, asking questions and aligning them with our goals. I'm just asking the question. Do we believe he is worth more in the future than now, or visa a versa? What are our goals? Does he aligne with them? In this case our goal is win now. Does he contribute to that? You tell me. I don't think he does. On the other hand, level five leadership states you must have long term success. My position probably puts that at risk, but $40m says win today.

theAPAOps5 03-12-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810724)
Your right. I use data and I am dedicated to the Baldrige Cirteria for Performance Excellence, which often starts with meeting with my cabinet, asking questions and aligning them with our goals. I'm just asking the question. Do we believe he is worth more in the future than now, or visa a versa? What are our goals? Does he aligne with them? In this case our goal is win now. Does he contribute to that? You tell me. I don't think he does. On the other hand, level five leadership states you must have long term success. My position probably puts that at risk, but $40m says win today.

So now you are just throwing around buzzwords you learned in a cool week long seminar? Careful, pretty soon we are going to call your DomCasual...... or worse yet..... Hotrod!

broncosteven 03-12-2013 09:19 PM

Nope, I read Titan's thread about the QB club Meeting with Cecil Lammy who said Oss has developed while here but he is our current BU (We do need someone to mop up during the blowouts) and they are building a team for him to take over like Rodgers did when they finally ran Farver out of town. If we traded him away for some desperate franchise who had recently been caught on a taped phone conversations I don't no what we could use to draft instead. Then we would have to draft yet another BU QB. Someone who would be as good as Oss or better... Lets be happy to have Qss in the backup role learning and getting TC/PS reps. The sooner we win a SB the sooner PM should be gone. and it will all be about Oss hype.

Lestat 03-12-2013 09:34 PM

he's the next QB up after Manning. he's not getting traded.

Mogulseeker 03-12-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3810733)
Nope, I read Titan's thread about the QB club Meeting with Cecil Lammy who said Oss has developed while here but he is our current BU (We do need someone to mop up during the blowouts) and they are building a team for him to take over like Rodgers did when they finally ran Farver out of town. If we traded him away for some desperate franchise who had recently been caught on a taped phone conversations I don't no what we could use to draft instead. Then we would have to draft yet another BU QB. Someone who would be as good as Oss or better... Lets be happy to have Qss in the backup role learning and getting TC/PS reps. The sooner we win a SB the sooner PM should be gone. and it will all be about Oss hype.

I agree with this post.... I think. Can I ask if you're drunk, though? Your grammar is usually spot-on.

Drek 03-13-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810672)
So if Twilight really would be one of the top QBs in this draft if he would have stayed at ASU, is it too early to explore the market for him? I think we should explore it now that PFM proved he can still play, passed his physical and re-upped, especially in our win now mode, but what can we get for him? Thoughts? Go...

Manning is also closing in on 40, what kind of investment experience do you have that makes you think betting everything on one short term payout and having no insurance behind it's potential failure or value decline is the way to go?

Broncoman13 03-13-2013 04:41 AM

Succession Planning. The reason they drafted a QB so early last year was so they could develop their succession plan. Ditching that plan now and starting with a new plan now puts them a year behind... Unless you think they should just throw a season in 2015 and hope that Johnny Football is the next RGIII?

cmhargrove 03-13-2013 08:38 AM

Our HOF QB/GM hand picked this kid, he's not going anywhere.

03-13-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810712)
I get it. I am just thinking that if we can parlay him into an immediate assets that helps today, it is worth asking the question. For example, the Bills are desperate. What would they offer? After that pirated phone call, they seem desperate for a franchise QB. Fortune favors the brave.

The basic theory that Oz would have been a 1st rounder IF he would have played ball last year is just that. A theory and he needed to play ball last year. Sitting one year behind Denver means that he is worth a late second most likely a 3rd.

OBF1 03-13-2013 10:04 AM

Must have been a large earthquake in Colorado today... Knocked the stupid from the trees.

Houshyamama 03-13-2013 10:23 AM

You're going to have a very hard time defending this idea. None of your arguments so far sound reasonable.

03-13-2013 10:33 AM

Another idiotic OP

Yay offseason

maven 03-13-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810672)

His value is low since he hasn't seen the field. I would say he's worth less today than where he was drafted.

Irish Stout 03-13-2013 10:38 AM

Wesley Woodyard will play like a man hell bent on destruction this year.

Mountain Bronco 03-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesnyde (Post 3810724)

Short sighted. Win now is important, but so is the future.