The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT--Weed!!! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110353)

Quoydogs 03-08-2013 06:36 PM

OT--Weed!!!

So I gotta ask. Has anything Changed ? Its amazing that we have heard nothingof it..i figured there would be something on the news by now but i have heard nothing.

DenverBroncosJM 03-08-2013 07:52 PM

This is coming from someone who has smoked weed... It's not a big deal and the rest of the states should get on board if they want to cut spending.

Archer81 03-08-2013 08:12 PM

The state law left alot of unknowns. State has mechanisms for DUI for alcohol, but not for weed. Protection for merchants who decide to set up and sell it, and its still against federal law.

Little stumbling blocks...

:Broncos:

broncosteven 03-08-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3807478)
The state law left alot of unknowns. State has mechanisms for DUI for alcohol, but not for weed. Protection for merchants who decide to set up and sell it, and its still against federal law.

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same...

Fixed it for you

Broncos_OTM 03-08-2013 09:30 PM

I am considering growing it. $$$

broncosteven 03-08-2013 09:51 PM

I liked the Showtime show WEEDS but the thing that I got a kick out of was that it wasn't as much about weed as it was about the choices we all make and how it impacts our lives.

Weed itself is just something to divert us, fill the emptyness users feel. Apparently people are not running out demanding pot infrastructure and distribution now that it is legal in some states. Seems like the demographic that wanted it legal already have access to it.

03-08-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Actually, you can get a DUI from driving under the influence of marijuana.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...me=CBONWrapper

OBF1 03-08-2013 10:55 PM

Can not wait to see the posts for you when you find your kids getting into your stash and smoking all your "legal" weed, The stories of those telling their 13 year old it is bad for them lmao.

bombay 03-08-2013 10:59 PM

If your children are stealing your marijuana, that is a 'you' problem.

ZONA 03-08-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3807505)
I liked the Showtime show WEEDS but the thing that I got a kick out of was that it wasn't as much about weed as it was about the choices we all make and how it impacts our lives.

Weed itself is just something to divert us, fill the emptyness users feel. Apparently people are not running out demanding pot infrastructure and distribution now that it is legal in some states. Seems like the demographic that wanted it legal already have access to it.

excellent post

Quoydogs 03-09-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3807531)
Can not wait to see the posts for you when you find your kids getting into your stash and drink all your "legal"beer, The stories of those telling their 13 year old it is bad for them lmao.

Fixed it for ya.

03-09-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

If everyone smoked weed there would be no traffic fatalities. You can't die when two cars collide going 7 mph.

DaFace 03-09-2013 10:47 AM

Speaking as a user, the only difference I've really noticed personally so far is that I don't feel like I have any need to hide it anymore. Even as a MMJ card holder, I always worried a bit about getting stopped on the way home, for example. Now, it's legal, so there's no need to worry. I also don't feel like I'm doing anything shady when I hook other people up.

As for greater societal impact? Nothing that I've seen. That'll shift a bit once they get the retailers up and running, but I still bet the impacts will be far less than you expect. My guess is that the biggest thing we'll notice will be people from outside the state coming in for it rather than the locals really changing.

broncosteven 03-10-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 3807680)
Speaking as a user, the only difference I've really noticed personally so far is that I don't feel like I have any need to hide it anymore. Even as a MMJ card holder, I always worried a bit about getting stopped on the way home, for example. Now, it's legal, so there's no need to worry. I also don't feel like I'm doing anything shady when I hook other people up.

As for greater societal impact? Nothing that I've seen. That'll shift a bit once they get the retailers up and running, but I still bet the impacts will be far less than you expect. My guess is that the biggest thing we'll notice will be people from outside the state coming in for it rather than the locals really changing.

You proved my point. You already have access and are a user so it is more just not having to worry about the five O rolling up on you.

Tombstone RJ 03-10-2013 12:16 PM

from what I've read in the local papers, it's more about setting up the infastructure to handle this new consumer product. Guidelines have to be set and if the legislators in CO don't do this then the feds will get involved and no one wants that. I think the feds really want CO and other states to take care of this stuff and get a basic foundation set for moving forward with the legalization of marijuana in other states.

crush17 03-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

This pretty much sums up how I feel. Nothing is really that different except now its just something you don't have to worry about anymore.

Quoydogs 03-10-2013 05:00 PM

Thanks for the replys . Really figured there would have been a lot more stink thrown at it. So basically no change. The sky didn't fall. The ground didn't open up. Just life as normal or better them normal for some. Right can't wait to get up there.

Go Broncos!

DenverBroncosJM 03-10-2013 05:05 PM

I would be curious to know the amount of drug arrests Feb 2013 v. Feb 2012.

Drunk Monkey 03-10-2013 06:28 PM

Colorado and Washington residents

DON'T **** THIS UP!!! THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS WATCHING!!!!

Ironlung 03-10-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey (Post 3808226)
Colorado and Oregon residents

This.

Chris 03-10-2013 07:04 PM

Ed Weeeeeeeed?

Quoydogs 03-11-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey (Post 3808226)
Colorado and Oregon residents

Im Oregon , i think you're talking about Washington. We are still med only right now.

Well I'm kinda pissed here. Raised my donation almost ten bucks when they past that laws. One would think it would have went down but nope.

03-11-2013 12:35 AM

I grow stuff.

Cosmo 03-11-2013 07:18 AM

I can tell you that the state is doing a bad job of informing people. The kids in schools seem to think its all legal now and I have seen a massive increase in usage as a result. They are going to screw this up, because its basically being ignored until the Feds do/say something about it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 03-11-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

This, plus it's nice to be able to step outside a bar and have a quick toke on the weekend.