The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   More bad news for the right (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110340)

Rigs11 03-07-2013 11:12 AM

More bad news for the right
 
that evil communist obama's policies have ruined this country! :rofl:

US household wealth regains pre-recession peak
WASHINGTON (AP) - It took 5 1/2 years.

Surging stock prices and steady home-price increases have finally allowed Americans to regain the $16 trillion in wealth they lost to the Great Recession. The gains are helping support the economy and could lead to further spending and growth.

The Federal Reserve says household wealth amounted to $66.1 trillion at the end of 2012. That was $1.2 trillion more than three months earlier. And it was 98 percent of the pre-recession peak.

Private economists calculate that further increases in stock and home prices this year mean that Americans' net worth has since topped the pre-recession peak of $67.3 trillion. Wealth had bottomed at $51.2 trillion in early 2009.

Some economists caution that the regained wealth might spur less consumer spending than it did before the recession.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.9news.com/news/article/32...recession-peak

houghtam 03-07-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3806712)
that evil communist obama's policies have ruined this country! :rofl:

US household wealth regains pre-recession peak
WASHINGTON (AP) - It took 5 1/2 years.

Surging stock prices and steady home-price increases have finally allowed Americans to regain the $16 trillion in wealth they lost to the Great Recession. The gains are helping support the economy and could lead to further spending and growth.

The Federal Reserve says household wealth amounted to $66.1 trillion at the end of 2012. That was $1.2 trillion more than three months earlier. And it was 98 percent of the pre-recession peak.

Private economists calculate that further increases in stock and home prices this year mean that Americans' net worth has since topped the pre-recession peak of $67.3 trillion. Wealth had bottomed at $51.2 trillion in early 2009.

Some economists caution that the regained wealth might spur less consumer spending than it did before the recession.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.9news.com/news/article/32...recession-peak

Either Obama is the worst socialist ever (i.e. not a socialist), or socialism works great!

Rigs11 03-08-2013 09:26 AM

More jobs added than expected, unemployment rate drops.countdown till righties come in here with their doomsday scenarios

03-08-2013 10:08 AM

This is an awesome game you guys have going on.

Random Bad News response: "God damn Rethugs won't let Obamma do nothin to fix nothin. No more stimulus... now this seequester bull****. Those aholes are drivin' us back into a recession!"

Random Good News response: "Juslook how good Obamie did! Yeehaw! He dun fixed it all by hisself!"

In the good old Bush days this kind of 'recovery' was called a 'jobless recovery' Now suddenly the 99%'ers get all hot and bothered about the DJIA and any increase in the 1%'ers GDP. LOL

houghtam 03-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3807119)
This is an awesome game you guys have going on.

Random Bad News response: "God damn Rethugs won't let Obamma do nothin to fix nothin. No more stimulus... now this seequester bull****. Those aholes are drivin' us back into a recession!"

Random Good News response: "Juslook how good Obamie did! Yeehaw! He dun fixed it all by hisself!"

In the good old Bush days this kind of 'recovery' was called a 'jobless recovery' Now suddenly the 99%'ers get all hot and bothered about the DJIA and any increase in the 1%'ers GDP. LOL

And who was in here the day after the election talking about doom and gloom because the djia dropped?

So yeah, eat a big bag of dixncox.

Rohirrim 03-08-2013 10:15 AM

These numbers are government bull****. They do not include those who have fallen off the rolls of the unemployed and are now in the category of "hopelessly" unemployed, or "discouraged" or "missing" or "underemployed." The real number is probably closer to 21%. But they don't want you to know that.

Rohirrim 03-08-2013 10:20 AM

Here's an article from last July in California that gives an inkling of what is really happening:

"We don't follow them. We don't know what they're doing," said Tian Luo, an economist at the San Francisco office of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the federal agency that compiles state and national unemployment numbers. "We do know they're not looking for work."
We do know that the "discouraged" - those out of work for more than six months and who have stopped trying to find a job - accounted for an astonishing 43 percent of the nation's unemployed in May - 5.4 million people, according to government figures.
In California, those out of work for more than a year accounted for 34.7 percent of the state's unemployed in June, a total of 709,000 people.


Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/botto...#ixzz2MyBZOi2x

Don't forget. One of the jobs of government, in both parties, is to keep the lid on.

03-08-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3807128)
And who was in here the day after the election talking about doom and gloom because the djia dropped?

So yeah, eat a big bag of dixncox.

Not sure, you might have to refresh my memory.

And what is it with you being like the 5th left-leaner I've seen with the whole bag of ***** thing? Is there some kind of deep rooted castration anxiety I'm unaware of over there? :)

houghtam 03-08-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3807149)
Not sure, you might have to refresh my memory.

And what is it with you being like the 5th left-leaner I've seen with the whole bag of ***** thing? Is there some kind of deep rooted castration anxiety I'm unaware of over there? :)

Gamerslang.

Rigs11 03-08-2013 10:54 AM

The only people that this is a game to is the GOP,a political one.they want Obama to fail at all costs.look at the GOP approval ratings.Americans are waking up.the economy is improving even though the GOP are doing everything to stop it.

03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3807185)
The only people that this is a game to is the GOP,a political one.they want Obama to fail at all costs.look at the GOP approval ratings.Americans are waking up.the economy is improving even though the GOP are doing everything to stop it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3805626)
As soon as the unemployment rate goes up, expect the rightards to come into this board crying.only thing is is that the GOP is going to get the blame by the american public.Ha!

Just to get this on record, which is it? Is sequester going to drive unemployment up, or are you going to continue playing both angles, having a reason Republicans are to blame whenever things are bad, but giving Obama all the credit when things are positive?

Who's on the hook here, once and for all?

houghtam 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3807202)
Just to get this on record, which is it? Is sequester going to drive unemployment up, or are you going to continue playing both angles, having a reason Republicans are to blame whenever things are bad, but giving Obama all the credit when things are positive?

Who's on the hook here, once and for all?

Have you ever registered an opinion on anything, ever?

peacepipe 03-08-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3807202)
Just to get this on record, which is it? Is sequester going to drive unemployment up, or are you going to continue playing both angles, having a reason Republicans are to blame whenever things are bad, but giving Obama all the credit when things are positive?

Who's on the hook here, once and for all?

You must be one of the fools that don't realize that the sequester doesn't have an immediate impact.

03-08-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3807221)
You must be one of the fools that don't realize that the sequester doesn't have an immediate impact.

That's why I said I wanted to get him on record. Just for future reference. He said Republicans would come crying when Sequester caused unemployment to rise. Now suddenly sequester strikes and everything's Obama's Homemade Peach Pie.

Rohirrim 03-08-2013 11:33 AM

Do thousands of furloughed employees count as unemployed? Ask the communities where those people live. These figures are so "edited" as to be useless. And they are designed to make the government, regardless of party, look better. Whoever is in office wants the numbers to look good. Same with cost of living. It's more instructive to look at what they don't count, than what they do count.

03-08-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3807215)
Have you ever registered an opinion on anything, ever?

Not much point registering opinions as if the economy is some kind of partisan thermostat. What happens to the economic climate in this country is orders of magnitude beyond DC's ability to comprehend, let alone direct.

cutthemdown 03-08-2013 02:54 PM

Dems celebrating a policy where the fed prints and pumps money into the stock market is pretty funny. If a repubs was in office doing this you would be up in arms. Not helping the poor i will tell you that much.

chadta 03-08-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3807351)
Dems celebrating a policy where the fed prints and pumps money into the stock market is pretty funny. If a repubs was in office doing this you would be up in arms. Not helping the poor i will tell you that much.

its about wallstreet when it should be about mainstreet :rofl:

houghtam 03-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3807351)
Dems celebrating a policy where the fed prints and pumps money into the stock market is pretty funny. If a repubs was in office doing this you would be up in arms. Not helping the poor i will tell you that much.

Again, you guys are such dishonest little roaches.

All this is in response to you conservative douchebags who on November 7th and again on January 1st (not to mention all throughout the election) complained and complained "ohhhh woe is the United States because of Obama's failed policies, the stock market is down, unemployment is up, the job numbers are too small, and housing prices are stagnant."

Now news comes out that the stock market is at a record high, unemployment is down, job numbers are as good as they've been in months, and housing prices rose by the largest amount in over 7 years, and we point out that you were at the very least too quick to jump the gun, and at the very most dead wrong, and you come in here and attempt to change the narrative.

We're calling your BS.

If anyone is moving the goalposts, it's not us.

houghtam 03-08-2013 04:26 PM

You base your entire narrative of this presidency on fear. You're afraid that if you give one iota of credit to Obama, your entire world view that he's a Muslim socialist terrorist non citizen who isn't legally allowed to become president and only won the election because of voter fraud perpetrated by the black panthers comes crashing down like a house of cards.

It's the same mentality that has seen the conservatives shunning guys like Christie for giving credit where credit is due.

It's also the same mentality that causes the republicans who signed that asinine pledge to look like idiots. "We can't raise taxes, because when they say that doomsday doesn't happen after all and taxes actually do good, our whole platform will suffer!"

Have fun covering your own tracks. Your posting history doesn't hide. Unless you want to be like pricejj and start deleting ****.

cutthemdown 03-08-2013 06:07 PM

Unemployment only down because tons of people stopped looking for work and then once ineglible for unemployment they stop counting them. Housing is back up not because of Obama but because of TARP which was not his baby. Bush JR started that and left it for Obama. If the banks had crashed housing crashes with it. So I always expected housing to rebound. Job numbers aren't bad but they aren't good either. Really just sort of stagnant. Bush for many yrs had better numbers and only had problems because of the housing crash, which wasn't his fault.

Stock market in many experts opinions will soon correct down up to 20% because they money being pumped in is fed money. Sorry to burst your bubble.

houghtam 03-08-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3807444)
Unemployment only down because tons of people stopped looking for work and then once ineglible for unemployment they stop counting them. Housing is back up not because of Obama but because of TARP which was not his baby. Bush JR started that and left it for Obama. If the banks had crashed housing crashes with it. So I always expected housing to rebound. Job numbers aren't bad but they aren't good either. Really just sort of stagnant. Bush for many yrs had better numbers and only had problems because of the housing crash, which wasn't his fault.

Stock market in many experts opinions will soon correct down up to 20% because they money being pumped in is fed money. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Exactly. Excuses are all you have. It's a no-win situation. If something improves, it was going to anyway or it will never last or it's not enough. Nice how you conveniently leave out being lied and warmongered into two unfounded wars. But then again, anchored in reality is not a phrase of use to describe you.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

cutthemdown 03-11-2013 03:19 PM

If Obama gets his way he will lower unemployment just by letting everyone fall off this list but not get a job. Find new jobs for recent grads so they don't become unemployed, and completely forget about millions of people.

Rigs11 03-11-2013 03:30 PM

So cut,by your logic when unemployment was low during the bush years,the same rules apply correct?the unemployment was actually higher back then too?or is this strictly a dem logic?

houghtam 03-11-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3808927)
If Obama gets his way he will lower unemployment just by letting everyone fall off this list but not get a job. Find new jobs for recent grads so they don't become unemployed, and completely forget about millions of people.

I thought all we needed to do to create jobs was lower taxes for rich people.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.