The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What is this Elway Helmet worth?? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110334)

SoDak Bronco 03-06-2013 04:13 PM

What is this Elway Helmet worth??

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at buying this from a guy who is selling an autographed full size Elway helmet. Not sure the value, it comes in a nice looking glass case, and has a COA.

He is looking for 350$$ is that a pretty fair price?

Thanks,
SoDakBronco

Fusionfrontman 03-06-2013 04:35 PM

Is it proline or a replica? It looks like a replica, as those are a tiny bit smaller. I looks legit and from a far looks to have all the Elway keys for his signature and the price (with the case) is definitely good. I have a Bronco D full size replica signed by Elway and I paid 300, which was a solid price for it.

Who is the COA from? And if there are 2, even better. One from the place that hosted the signing, and the second from a nuetral, third party with nothing to gain from claiming the piece to be authentic. Find out who the COA is from and do some research about the company or store.

Glad to have chimmed in before the usual, "Memorabillia is about how much you value the item at." ;)

SoDak Bronco 03-06-2013 04:39 PM

Thanks, I am going to try and get him down to 300$ and I think that is fair price especially with the glass case. I will look into the COA, I am not to sure on that, but everything looks legit.

ludo21 03-06-2013 04:51 PM

how can you ever authenticate it?

SimonFletcher73 03-06-2013 04:55 PM

It's on ebay? I'd say you're better off dealing with someone with more of a track record. It says Proline which is a term for authentic.

You want one that is authenticated by PSA/DNA, JSA, or with a COA from Mounted Memories. If you look at others they may have an Elway hologram. There's some other companies that are probably just as good. The autograph looks legit to me.

RhymesayersDU 03-06-2013 04:55 PM

Full size helmets are sweet, but always pricey so I haven't pulled the trigger. Looks sweet.

rbackfactory80 03-06-2013 04:55 PM

Hi, I'm Rick Harrison and this is my Pawn Shop.

RaiderH8r 03-06-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 (Post 3806470)
Hi, I'm Rick Harrison and this is my Pawn Shop.

I've got an Internet forum buddy who knows everything about these things.

03-06-2013 06:38 PM

Have you seen it in person? If you have and there are no glaring flaws I'd buy. Trying to work him down to 300 could wind up leaving you losing it for a single Grant.

SoDak Bronco 03-06-2013 08:06 PM

Here is an update...I got the helmet for $300, it came with a COA from mounted memories. Also, it is a ProLine authentic full size Riddell helmet. I am pretty stoked, I think I got a great deal! Thanks for your help/advice.

Fusionfrontman 03-07-2013 03:33 AM

Sweet deal man! Congrats! The proline ones are amazing. I have one signed by Sharpe. They are heavy and the inside has full padding. Love it!

rmsanger 03-07-2013 03:44 AM

"It's worth whatever someone will pay"

The worst internet answer of all time and the person should smacked for posting such.