The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This is the RB Denver needs to get in FA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110324)

TerrElway 03-06-2013 09:13 AM

This is the RB Denver needs to get in FA
 
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ok-reggie-bush

Perfect fit for the offense. PFM would take him to another level and a bruiser back just doesn't fit this scheme.

Thoughts?

crush17 03-06-2013 09:39 AM

Chris Ivory imo.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-06-2013 09:47 AM

Bush was the guy I've liked for this offense as a runner/receiver, as long as he can pass protect. Can he?

Heyneck 03-06-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3806178)
Bush was the guy I've liked for this offense as a runner/receiver, as long as he can pass protect. Can he?

he is good not great at it.

MagicHef 03-06-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3806178)
Bush was the guy I've liked for this offense as a runner/receiver, as long as he can pass protect. Can he?

2012: was in pass pro 64 times, gave up 7 hurries
2011: was in pass pro 78 times, gave up 2 sacks, 4 hits, 3 hurries

They didn't appear to ask him to pass block much at all in New Orleans.

Overall, I would say no, he can't pass protect.

DBroncos4life 03-06-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3806178)
Bush was the guy I've liked for this offense as a runner/receiver, as long as he can pass protect. Can he?

Felix Jones is a guy I kind of want. He is really good at pass blocking or has been most of his career.

Obviously, we wouldn't be discussing this stat if it didn't pertain to at least one of the Cowboys running backs, and sure enough, Felix Jones makes PFF's top ten list, coming in with a Pass Blocking Efficiency (PBE) rate of 3.04.

Felix Jones stayed in to block on 107 passing snaps and allowed four pressures (one sack, three hurries). Over the last three years, Jones has allowed eight pressures on 157 pass protection snaps for a PBE of 3.98, the tenth best rate over that timespan.

SonOfLe-loLang 03-06-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 3806186)
2012: was in pass pro 64 times, gave up 7 hurries
2011: was in pass pro 78 times, gave up 2 sacks, 4 hits, 3 hurries

They didn't appear to ask him to pass block much at all in New Orleans.

Overall, I would say no, he can't pass protect.

I dunno, these stats are often weird and dont tell the whole story, but if the Broncos think he can understand the concepts, im all for him. We could use a receiver like him out of the backfield. KM is good at it and provided another dimension when he was in the game.

03-06-2013 09:58 AM

Yeah too bad jones isn't a very good running back. I'd like bush but he wants too big of a payday. Bradshaw excites me the most as a good fit in this offense

Lestat 03-06-2013 09:58 AM

Bush is similar to a Indy back that Manning had most of his career(the type of player i mean, run, pass catch, block a bit) but his likely price tag scares me. i want Jackson unless he costs too much.

MagicHef 03-06-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3806190)
I dunno, these stats are often weird and dont tell the whole story, but if the Broncos think he can understand the concepts, im all for him. We could use a receiver like him out of the backfield. KM is good at it and provided another dimension when he was in the game.

I think they tell the story of a guy who shouldn't be asked to block much, but was anyway. He went from just over 1 pass block per game with the Saints to almost 5 per game with the Dolphins.

I'd love it if he came here, but it shouldn't be to block.

TonyR 03-06-2013 10:28 AM

Now that he comes without that skank Kardashian baggage I'd be down.

BroncoMan4ever 03-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrElway (Post 3806153)
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ok-reggie-bush

Perfect fit for the offense. PFM would take him to another level and a bruiser back just doesn't fit this scheme.

Thoughts?

perhaps an every down bruiser isn't the best for the offense, however we still need some muscle that can pick up short yardage situations and be a force at the goal line. Bush is a guy who can take a dump-off 75 yards but he isn't a guy who can pick up 3rd and 2 when there is 2 minutes left in the game and the team is clinging to a small lead and wants to run the clock out and end the game.

great weapon, but not really what this team needs right now.

03-06-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3806232)
perhaps an every down bruiser isn't the best for the offense, however we still need some muscle that can pick up short yardage situations and be a force at the goal line. Bush is a guy who can take a dump-off 75 yards but he isn't a guy who can pick up 3rd and 2 when there is 2 minutes left in the game and the team is clinging to a small lead and wants to run the clock out and end the game.

great weapon, but not really what this team needs right now.

mcgahee is around for that sole purpose. He's not much of a receiver out of the backfield

SonOfLe-loLang 03-06-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3806232)
perhaps an every down bruiser isn't the best for the offense, however we still need some muscle that can pick up short yardage situations and be a force at the goal line. Bush is a guy who can take a dump-off 75 yards but he isn't a guy who can pick up 3rd and 2 when there is 2 minutes left in the game and the team is clinging to a small lead and wants to run the clock out and end the game.

great weapon, but not really what this team needs right now.

Actually that added dimension is probably exactly what this team needs right now, unless they feel Hillman can turn into that guy.

BroncoMan4ever 03-06-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3806253)
Actually that added dimension is probably exactly what this team needs right now, unless they feel Hillman can turn into that guy.

3rd round pick in last years draft basically says they are probably planning on giving him at least this season to show he can be that back. more than likely it will be a year at least before we look at adding another back with a similar skill set.

BroncoMan4ever 03-06-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3806240)
mcgahee is around for that sole purpose. He's not much of a receiver out of the backfield

do you honestly expect McGahee to perform at a high level anymore? he was showing a decline in play before injury. he couldn't hang onto the ball worth a damn. his age has caught up to him. time to get younger. add Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd and he can do it all. strong big physical back with good speed for a guy his size, good hands out of the backfield, could use a little work on his blocking, but has pro style experience and would be a massive upgrade to this offense.

03-06-2013 03:26 PM

Steven Jackson

Pick Six 03-06-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 (Post 3806418)
Steven Jackson

This. Steven Jackson could be a game changer, like TD. He has potential...

ZONA 03-06-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3806232)
perhaps an every down bruiser isn't the best for the offense, however we still need some muscle that can pick up short yardage situations and be a force at the goal line. Bush is a guy who can take a dump-off 75 yards but he isn't a guy who can pick up 3rd and 2 when there is 2 minutes left in the game and the team is clinging to a small lead and wants to run the clock out and end the game.

great weapon, but not really what this team needs right now.

Thank you. I've been saying that I think everybody here is too focused on this home run threat stuff and blazing speed. In the end, we lost because we could not get a 1st down running the ball. We scored points, lots of them. I don't think scoring TD's is the area we need improvement. It's getting those tough short yards, for 1st downs and goal line situations. Yes a better run blocking OL will help but I think we're looking for a good sized back that still has elusiveness, can pass block, catch the ball and and all that other stuff. He doesn't need to be a track star. I'll take a strong, durable 4+ YPC who can pass block, has good vision and ball security. Sorta like a younger WM but with better ball security.

TonyR 03-07-2013 06:37 AM

Good Reggie Bush article.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ok-reggie-bush

dsmoot 03-07-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3806232)
perhaps an every down bruiser isn't the best for the offense, however we still need some muscle that can pick up short yardage situations and be a force at the goal line. Bush is a guy who can take a dump-off 75 yards but he isn't a guy who can pick up 3rd and 2 when there is 2 minutes left in the game and the team is clinging to a small lead and wants to run the clock out and end the game.

great weapon, but not really what this team needs right now.

Like 3rd and short with a 90 seconds left to advance in the playoffs.

dsmoot 03-07-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3806279)
do you honestly expect McGahee to perform at a high level anymore? he was showing a decline in play before injury. he couldn't hang onto the ball worth a damn. his age has caught up to him. time to get younger. add Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd and he can do it all. strong big physical back with good speed for a guy his size, good hands out of the backfield, could use a little work on his blocking, but has pro style experience and would be a massive upgrade to this offense.

You need a back that has a chance to be there for you for 16 games. Willis has been the perfect back to have on your team. A guy with some worn tread who can still perform late in his career. However, that type will only be capable of lasting a couple of years before the decline comes. I am afraid as you said it has caught up to him.

03-07-2013 06:58 AM

I think Denver needs a banger, supposedly Hillman can do what Bush can do.

i4jelway7 03-07-2013 07:13 AM

1. Chris Ivory
or
2. Steven Jackson

Lestat 03-07-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4jelway7 (Post 3806659)
1. Chris Ivory
or
2. Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson or draft pick IMO.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.