The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How long until republicans view the sequester as negative (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110313)

Blart 03-05-2013 12:00 PM

How long until republicans view the sequester as negative
 
"This will be the first significant tea party victory in that we got what we set out to do in changing Washington" - Tim Huelskamp, Kan. (R)


Currently as of March 4th:


------------

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...yu3t4nobzq.gif


------------


When will a majority of Republicans decide austerity is a bad thing? Or perhaps, when will a majority of Republicans blame this "tea party victory" on Obama?

Gallup is keeping their poll updated, so when/if the shift happens, I will bump this thread with a list of winners.

cutthemdown 03-05-2013 01:04 PM

i already do see it as a negative. But doing no cuts is even worst. A better plan would have been the politicians really getting down into the budget and cutting specific waste. But they won't do it so this is the only way.

cutthemdown 03-05-2013 01:05 PM

So when will democrats regret not dealing and demanding instead even higher taxes? Also when will you all regret Obamacare? When you lose your coverage and your favorite family doc?

Blart 03-05-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3805603)
So when will democrats regret not dealing and demanding instead even higher taxes?

Oh man, higher taxes. Imagine that, rich americans investing in america?!?! Look what those evil tax increases have wrought upon California:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ia-in-surplus/

Rigs11 03-05-2013 01:28 PM

As soon as the unemployment rate goes up, expect the rightards to come into this board crying.only thing is is that the GOP is going to get the blame by the american public.Ha!

cutthemdown 03-05-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blart (Post 3805616)
Oh man, higher taxes. Imagine that, rich americans investing in america?!?! Look what those evil tax increases have wrought upon California:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ia-in-surplus/

LOL yeah after 4-5 yrs of budgt cuts and a sales tax increase that hits everyone. You make it sound like CA did it by just hitting up rich people. Not the case at all. Also i live here and the unemployment still really bad. Browns plan to tax the rich is actually slowing driving them out of the state and in -6 yrs will show to have been a horrid plan.

ZONA 03-05-2013 03:10 PM

I don't understand how the Republicans, that are not die hard tea party folks, because they will just be blind no matter what, can see closing tax loop holes as trying to raise taxes on the wealthy. It's all the money that they move offshore that they are trying to avoid paying taxes on. That's not raising taxes, that's just asking them to obey the law and not practice tax evasion.

Well if we're not going to ask the richest Americans and corporations to obey the law and pay taxes on all of their income, then why should the rest of us. Hey, here's an idea, why don't we pass legislation that allows middle income families to move say 25% of our income to offshore accounts and we won't have to pay tax on that either. I'm sure all those banks would just love that idea and The Republican leaders will be super happy at all that tax revenue down the drain.

I'm down with that if that's what they want to do. We should just have the same set of rules the rich get. If they can hide money overseas, we should be able to also. But alas, they won't go for that. They're only interested in helping the wealthy. The Republicans are becoming more and more the party of the rich. It wasn't always as extreme as it is today but it's becoming more and more obvious to most Americans and that's why the Republican party is shrinking.

Pony Boy 03-05-2013 03:14 PM

First four years, blame bush and the next four years blame the Republican Party.

Never under any circumstances admit Obama and his policies are not working.

03-05-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blart (Post 3805616)
Oh man, higher taxes. Imagine that, rich americans investing in america?!?! Look what those evil tax increases have wrought upon California:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ia-in-surplus/

Anything Krugman says usually has a 30 day expiration date.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1532584.story

Quote:

The report says the extra money was "likely the result of major tax law changes at the federal and state level having a significant impact in the timing of revenue receipts."

That is: Taxpayers were paying a share of their bill early, getting income off their books in the hope of limiting exposure to the tax hikes that recently kicked in.

The administration was expecting that money to arrive in April. Now, officials are saying it won't, and that just as January's receipts soared, they'll be offset by a spring plunge.

Rigs11 03-05-2013 03:24 PM

Perfect example of righty thinking pony.blame.that's all u guys got left.and u might wanna brush up on how the gubmint works.congress passes laws,not the prez.so far the repubs have the lowest approval rating they have ever had.

03-05-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3805660)
LOL yeah after 4-5 yrs of budgt cuts and a sales tax increase that hits everyone. You make it sound like CA did it by just hitting up rich people. Not the case at all. Also i live here and the unemployment still really bad. Browns plan to tax the rich is actually slowing driving them out of the state and in -6 yrs will show to have been a horrid plan.

California didn't accomplish anything. The temporary bump in revenue proves the opposite of what they claim. It's simply the rush of people working overtime to avoid their new tax raises by taking as much income as they can under old rates.

In other words, they didn't make their budget situation better. They just made it even worse.

Blart 03-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3805717)
Perfect example of righty thinking pony.blame.that's all u guys got left.and u might wanna brush up on how the gubmint works.congress passes laws,not the prez.so far the repubs have the lowest approval rating they have ever had.

Exactly, they don't look at their beliefs. The "small government by any means necessary" ideology.

Just, "liberals did that too!" and "OBAMA!!!!"


Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3805716)
Anything Krugman says usually has a 30 day expiration date.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1532584.story

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3805660)
LOL yeah after 4-5 yrs of budgt cuts and a sales tax increase that hits everyone. You make it sound like CA did it by just hitting up rich people. Not the case at all. Also i live here and the unemployment still really bad. Browns plan to tax the rich is actually slowing driving them out of the state and in -6 yrs will show to have been a horrid plan.


Sorry, the democrat supermajority is doing just fine. Sure, they're acting like moderate republicans rather than leftists, but it's working.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...itch-says.html

houghtam 03-05-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3805712)
First four years, blame bush and the next four years blame the Republican Party.

Never under any circumstances admit Obama and his policies are not working.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...h-beating.html

Dow closes at all-time high, beating 2007 record

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51048395#.UTaArjfpy3g

US home prices rose by most in nearly 7 years

:welcome:

ant1999e 03-05-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3805727)
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...h-beating.html

Dow closes at all-time high, beating 2007 record

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51048395#.UTaArjfpy3g

US home prices rose by most in nearly 7 years

:welcome:

So the sequester worked?

Missouribronc 03-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3805727)
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...h-beating.html

Dow closes at all-time high, beating 2007 record

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51048395#.UTaArjfpy3g

US home prices rose by most in nearly 7 years

:welcome:

But are 26 percent below 2007...

Need to read the whole article...

houghtam 03-05-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribronc (Post 3805963)
But are 26 percent below 2007...

Need to read the whole article...

Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.

cutthemdown 03-05-2013 10:51 PM

No the fed is pumping money into the stock market.

03-06-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3805968)
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.

It's so cute when people think of their favorite politicians as omnipotent.

TonyR 03-06-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3805603)
So when will democrats regret not dealing and demanding instead even higher taxes? Also when will you all regret Obamacare? When you lose your coverage and your favorite family doc?

Which taxes that you pay are higher?

And with or without Obamacare do you think you'd be able to keep your coverage forever? Do you think the system was working and was going to continue to work as it was? Do you believe in fairy tales? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

cutthemdown 03-06-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3805968)
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.

the economy shrank last quarter. You lie.

cutthemdown 03-06-2013 03:00 PM

Its true that the bailout on the bad home loans, the fed pumping money into the system has helped the stock markets and the housing markets. I guess Obama gets credit or blame for that depending on how you look at it. Really though the roots of the housing crash go back even further then Bush. TARP even goes back before Obama. The feds policies? who knows who controls them but they are printing money we know that.

I have to be honest its so much money and I am know banking whiz but i can't see this as some great Obama economic policy he will be remembered for.

houghtam 03-06-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3806410)
Its true that the bailout on the bad home loans, the fed pumping money into the system has helped the stock markets and the housing markets. I guess Obama gets credit or blame for that depending on how you look at it. Really though the roots of the housing crash go back even further then Bush. TARP even goes back before Obama. The feds policies? who knows who controls them but they are printing money we know that.

I have to be honest its so much money and I am know banking whiz but i can't see this as some great Obama economic policy he will be remembered for.

Great, so you finally admit it after over a year of us repeating it. Vast majority of spending has nothing to do with him. So you can at least stop with the OMG OBAMA'S SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY bull****.

Pony Boy 03-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3805968)
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.

Who's going to pay Obama's Chinese credit card bill?

cutthemdown 03-07-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3806484)
Great, so you finally admit it after over a year of us repeating it. Vast majority of spending has nothing to do with him. So you can at least stop with the OMG OBAMA'S SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY bull****.

No Obamas spending and policies since taking over are why we haven't recovered. His green energy giveaway, attacks on energy producers through EPA, porkulus debacle of a stimulus have indeed been horrid for growth.

But Obama isn't to blame for the housing crash as far as i know. Was he even around when Barney Frank did that?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.