The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [Rumor] Broncos make offer for Revis (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110289)

Ratboy 02-28-2013 09:18 PM

[Rumor] Broncos make offer for Revis

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...74921636155392

ZONA 02-28-2013 09:26 PM

Ha, I knew it. This was the 1 FA I wished for the most. I felt like it would be a game changer for the Broncos. I think if this happened you could see Champ starting to play some safety in certain packages this year.

theAPAOps5 02-28-2013 09:28 PM

It's incarceratedbob, count me as skeptical.

DBroncos4life 02-28-2013 09:29 PM

This guy said Chip Kelly was the Browns new HC. Hilarious!

In b4 g6 says in b4.

Ratboy 02-28-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3803532)
It's incarceratedbob, count me as skeptical.

Same here. He was right about Peyton Manning, I have hope!

SimonFletcher73 02-28-2013 09:46 PM

Not too excited about this. Revis will want way too much money (long rookie holdout, held out when Jets were on Hard Knocks). The Jets will want too much compensation (probably starts at a first and another pick or two).

Guessing his cap # would be around $15 million? That could get us the depth we are going to need to win a title. Steven Jackson, Nnamdi, Neil Smith, ect. ect. I'd rather have 4-7 players (if you include the picks) to make the run now over a guy we're going to cut in 3 years due to injuries and a bloated cap #.

cutthemdown 02-28-2013 10:02 PM

Who cares about money. Revis a great player and if you can snag him you do it.

Archer81 02-28-2013 10:05 PM

Alot would depend on the compensation we give the Jets and the compensation we dole out to Revis.

We shall see, I suppose.

:Broncos:

Lestat 02-28-2013 10:06 PM

get him and pay his ass whatever he wants within reason. he will prolong Champs career at CB by 2-3 more years.

cutthemdown 02-28-2013 10:06 PM

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...-revis-island/

looks like this is a real possibility. That would give us a killer CB 3some. Lester hayes. Mike haynes type corners!

cutthemdown 02-28-2013 10:07 PM

We have to get Revis for our 2nd round this yr, and then maybe a 3rd rounder next yr. We can't give up the first round pick.

As far as compensation it won't be little. He will be the highest paid corner in the NFL most likely. If you want the best you have to pay.

DBroncos4life 02-28-2013 10:14 PM

He will hold out because Champ is number 24.

02-28-2013 10:18 PM

Won't win a bidding war with SF who has way too many draft picks to throw out for Revis.

broncosteven 02-28-2013 10:19 PM

I know the source is not the soundest of all that could be trotted out to break this one. I was wondering/hoping Denver would try to make a play for Revis.

I like Harris but he can play Nickle and Champ and Revis can take care of the outside coverages. We could play more bump and run. If we draft a good Safety we would have the best secondary in the league. Find a couple DT's and then trot out Irving or Stevie Johnson and we should be fine on D.

I was wondering if we would start hearing the Broncos being more active now that the salary Cap jumped up $2.4 mill this year. We could sign/tag Clady, sign the Rookies, and now should still have enough scratch to go after a Revis or even Welker. Might need to cut/restructer DJ and make him play Mike to get it done but that would be great.

broncosteven 02-28-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3803550)
We have to get Revis for our 2nd round this yr, and then maybe a 3rd rounder next yr. We can't give up the first round pick.

As far as compensation it won't be little. He will be the highest paid corner in the NFL most likely. If you want the best you have to pay.

I would say 3rd this year and comp pick as high as 1st next year.

Carmelo15 02-28-2013 10:35 PM

Reports are predicting it would take a 1st and 3rd this year. I could get on board with that, especially considering we very well may draft a CB in the 1st anyways

OBF1 02-28-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3803550)

Like the guy mentioned in the month old link, He thinks a 1st and 3rd would work... His thought is that Denver is looking at a CB in the first round, If that is the case, We are really only going to give up an extra 3rd since #1 would go to a get a rookie in the 1st. Is there any rookie CB that will be nearly as good as Revis? HELL NO, So if we are looking at a CB in round one, I would rather toss in a 3rd and get the proven NFL caliber talent.

Make it happen John!

kappys 02-28-2013 10:42 PM

I don't trust Revis. I'm not sure if he'll do it after his next big contract or maybe one more after that but he'll go Dale Carter once he feels he's made enough.

extralife 02-28-2013 10:44 PM

The compensation is way too much, both in picks and in salary. Especially for a guy who just blew out his knee and has shown a certain fondness for holding out, oh, every year. what happens in two years when you've got Manning, Revis, Doom, Clady, and possibly Champ on the roster for ten million plus each, and you've got to give new contracts/extensions to DT and Von? you end up ****ed, that's what.

DBroncos4life 02-28-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3803567)
The compensation is way too much, both in picks and in salary. Especially for a guy who just blew out his knee and has shown a certain fondness for holding out, oh, every year. what happens in two years when you've got Manning, Revis, Doom, Clady, and possibly Champ on the roster for ten million plus each, and you've got to give new contracts/extensions to DT and Von? you end up ****ed, that's what.

The cap jumps in 2015 and lets be real about Champ or Manning playing past that.

Those additional revenues will be reflected in the salary cap for 2015, which is expected to see a more significant increase than the roughly 2 percent uptick from 2012 to 2013.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...s/NFL-cap.aspx

KevinJames 02-28-2013 11:05 PM

I hope so I'd give a 1st for him if that is what the Jets wanted.

Its a late first too so its not that big of a deal, seeing as Xavier would probably be gone by that pick.

Taco John 02-28-2013 11:16 PM

a 1st and a 3rd? Pass.

underrated29 02-28-2013 11:17 PM

Not a fan of this but say we did.

Trade DJ for a 3rd? Could we get that?
Trade our 1 and 3 for revis.

Leaves us with 2,3,4,5,6,.....?

Draft a MLB at 2? What about Ol? We seem to love warford. He won't make it to 3.

Maybe trade our 1 and DJ to jets for revis- I think David Harris is walking as a FA.....oh that's the same thing as above. Ahh crap, I don't know. Not a fan of this that much anyhow.

But it seems like the FO really really wants to start the year with a beast rb, a sick corner, and a OG, and a fat DT.---- how is that possible if we trade for revis?

cutthemdown 02-28-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3803565)
Like the guy mentioned in the month old link, He thinks a 1st and 3rd would work... His thought is that Denver is looking at a CB in the first round, If that is the case, We are really only going to give up an extra 3rd since #1 would go to a get a rookie in the 1st. Is there any rookie CB that will be nearly as good as Revis? HELL NO, So if we are looking at a CB in round one, I would rather toss in a 3rd and get the proven NFL caliber talent.

Make it happen John!

1st and a 3rd would hurt but I don't ever sweat stuff like this. Getting good players on the team is all that matters regardless of position IMO. Bailey, Revis, Harris, Carter would be a fine group of dbacks to take on pats who might make a move for Wallace. Elway may see this as the time to add as many good vet players he can to try and win it this yr and next.

If we signed Steven Jackson, traded for Revis, use the 2nd round pick on Warford if he is there we could improve running game, upfront blocking, and have the best CB tandem in the NFL going into 2013.

We still wouldn't be dominant inside on the front 7 or at safety.

ZONA 02-28-2013 11:30 PM

1st and 4th. I really like the idea of a 1st and a player if that could get it done. Maybe dangle a previous 1st round pick Ayers in front of them. Or an probowler like Beadles. Move Franklin over to LG and use 2nd round pick on DT and 3rd round pick on RT. Snag a RB, S and WR in the th 4th, 5th and 6th.