The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Oabams White House threatening reporters (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110287)

cutthemdown 02-28-2013 07:19 PM

Oabams White House threatening reporters
 
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews


Another member of the Washington political media stepped forward Thursday to claim he was threatened by the Obama White House, shortly after the White House denied reports that an adviser threatened famed Watergate journalist Bob Woodward.

The latest claim comes from Lanny Davis, who served as counsel to former President Bill Clinton and later went on to write a column for The Washington Times. In a radio interview on WMAL, Davis said that a "senior Obama White House official" once called his editor at the Times and said that if the paper continued to run his columns, "his reporters would lose their credentials."

Davis said he "couldn't imagine why this call was made" since he's an Obama supporter.

But he called the alleged threat "unfortunate."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2MFqSL9Mn

peacepipe 02-28-2013 07:50 PM

This whole thing has already been debunked.

Rohirrim 02-28-2013 07:58 PM

If there is one thing that Woodward has always excelled at, it's marketing himself.

frerottenextelway 03-01-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

From Gene Sperling to Bob Woodward on Feb. 22, 2013

Bob:

I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. My bad. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here.

But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim. The idea that the sequester was to force both sides to go back to try at a big or grand barain with a mix of entitlements and revenues (even if there were serious disagreements on composition) was part of the DNA of the thing from the start. It was an accepted part of the understanding from the start. Really. It was assumed by the Rs on the Supercommittee that came right after: it was assumed in the November-December 2012 negotiations. There may have been big disagreements over rates and ratios but that it was supposed to be replaced by entitlements and revenues of some form is not controversial. (Indeed, the discretionary savings amount from the Boehner-Obama negotiations were locked in in BCA: the sequester was just designed to force all back to table on entitlements and revenues.)

I agree there are more than one side to our first disagreement, but again think this latter issue is diffferent. Not out to argue and argue on this latter point. Just my sincere advice. Your call obviously.

My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.

Gene

From Woodward to Sperling on Feb. 23, 2013

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob
That's a "threat"? You teatards are just a bunch of whiny ass racist nancys.

houghtam 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3803482)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews


Another member of the Washington political media stepped forward Thursday to claim he was threatened by the Obama White House, shortly after the White House denied reports that an adviser threatened famed Watergate journalist Bob Woodward.

The latest claim comes from Lanny Davis, who served as counsel to former President Bill Clinton and later went on to write a column for The Washington Times. In a radio interview on WMAL, Davis said that a "senior Obama White House official" once called his editor at the Times and said that if the paper continued to run his columns, "his reporters would lose their credentials."

Davis said he "couldn't imagine why this call was made" since he's an Obama supporter.

But he called the alleged threat "unfortunate."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2MFqSL9Mn

Dear Cutthemdown,

I am really sorry you don't research articles that you post, before you post them. It really does make you like a dumbass. I wish I could help you, and I would sincerely advise you to stop before you suffer any more of the consequences involved in posting stupid **** that isn't true.

There, if that's a threat, I'll get banned.

TonyR 03-01-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3803790)
It really does make you like a dumbass.

LOL Not to mention the half-wit can't even spell the President's name correctly...

Rigs11 03-01-2013 10:56 AM

the righties point thheirfingers at obama,nugent threatens him, congressmen call him a liar, boehner says he doesn' have guts. and they are butthurt over a journalist? oh noes! Hilarious!

Rohirrim 03-01-2013 12:36 PM

Nah. Fox just yanks the chain and they all bark like a herd of Shih Tzus.

BroncoInferno 03-01-2013 01:34 PM

Woodward lost all credibility when he fawned over Dubya's "leadership" like a school girl in the first couple of Bush books he wrote, then after Bush was proven to be an utter disaster tried to backtrack in his last book in that series.

cutthemdown 03-01-2013 06:39 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ed_me_too.html


here is another one.

cutthemdown 03-01-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3803790)
Dear Cutthemdown,

I am really sorry you don't research articles that you post, before you post them. It really does make you like a dumbass. I wish I could help you, and I would sincerely advise you to stop before you suffer any more of the consequences involved in posting stupid **** that isn't true.

There, if that's a threat, I'll get banned.

LOL you couldn't threaten me with an AR-15. You're a p***Y. If that gets me banned so be it lil fella.

houghtam 03-01-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3804071)

Cool, a phone call.

I got a phone call from George Bush the other day saying that his daughters were going to jump out of a cake at my next birthday party.

See how easy that is?

And that's the point, numb nuts. It wasn't a threat. It was a polite suggestion to STFU.

:yayaya:

cutthemdown 03-02-2013 02:23 AM

Not like these guys complaining are long time conservatives. Hell Woodyard used to be your guys hero.

frerottenextelway 03-02-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3804186)
Not like these guys complaining are long time conservatives. Hell Woodyard used to be your guys hero.

It's Woodward not Woodyard, and the emails are up above. Anyone who thinks THAT is a "threat" is the most limp wristed Nancy ever. He got cuddled in the bubble, lied and assumed he'd get away with it, and ruined his career. Bummer :-)

Oh, in the process he made the WH look like the only adults in DC.

cutthemdown 03-02-2013 01:02 PM

Not really lots of the media complaining about access and transparency with Obama. He better watch out or they may turn on him at some point.

houghtam 03-02-2013 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
.

Pony Boy 03-02-2013 04:48 PM

Obama's 5 second speech ........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u3dwekTf0-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frerottenextelway 03-02-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3804338)
Not really lots of the media complaining about access and transparency with Obama. He better watch out or they may turn on him at some point.

Access/transparency and threats are completely different things. Access is pbly why Woodward had the stick up his ass. He had a grudge and it ruined his career. Pity.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.