The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rotoword top 50 FA projection (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110267)

DBroncos4life 02-25-2013 02:30 PM

Rotoword top 50 FA projection

2. Left tackle Ryan Clady -- VP of Football Operations John Elway has made it clear Clady isn't going anywhere. He'll be slapped with the franchise tag, and the Broncos will explore something more long term when Clady proves he's fully recovered from offseason shoulder surgery.

Free Agent Forecast: Broncos via the franchise tag.

24. Cornerback Derek Cox -- Despite his client's laundry list of durability woes, Cox's agent expects a "vigorous" market for the 26-year-old corner. Per the agent, Cox permitted a 69.0 passer rating last season, better than more heralded CBs Talib (98.7), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (87.7), and Sean Smith (85.1). Cox and his agent may be slightly disappointed, but they'll get a solid deal. Broncos DC Jack Del Rio knows Cox well from their Jacksonville days.

Free Agent Forecast: Broncos on a four-year, $28 million contract.

47. Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton -- Knighton never met expectations in Jacksonville, but he's a 340-pound 26-year-old long on run-clogging potential. A one-year, prove-it deal with the 2014 market in mind might serve Knighton best in the big picture. Denver needs an anchor for its defense, and coordinator Jack Del Rio was Knighton's head coach for three years with the Jags.

Free Agent Forecast: Broncos on a one-year, $4.75 million contract

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...gency-forecast

02-25-2013 02:33 PM

Both of those players are young, I like Knighton's one year dear. These moves would be solid.

SonOfLe-loLang 02-25-2013 02:51 PM

I'm not sure why we'd need to spend so much money on a corner.

socalorado 02-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3801592)
2. Left tackle Ryan Clady -- VP of Football Operations John Elway has made it clear Clady isn't going anywhere. He'll be slapped with the franchise tag, and the Broncos will explore something more long term when Clady proves he's fully recovered from offseason shoulder surgery.

Free Agent Forecast: Broncos via the franchise tag.

24. Cornerback Derek Cox -- Despite his client's laundry list of durability woes, Cox's agent expects a "vigorous" market for the 26-year-old corner. Per the agent, Cox permitted a 69.0 passer rating last season, better than more heralded CBs Talib (98.7), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (87.7), and Sean Smith (85.1). Cox and his agent may be slightly disappointed, but they'll get a solid deal. Broncos DC Jack Del Rio knows Cox well from their Jacksonville days.

Free Agent Forecast: Broncos on a four-year, $28 million contract.

47. Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton -- Knighton never met expectations in Jacksonville, but he's a 340-pound 26-year-old long on run-clogging potential. A one-year, prove-it deal with the 2014 market in mind might serve Knighton best in the big picture. Denver needs an anchor for its defense, and coordinator Jack Del Rio was Knighton's head coach for three years with the Jags.

Free Agent Forecast: Broncos on a one-year, $4.75 million contract

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...gency-forecast

But, but, but according to a poster here on this site, DEN cant possibly afford those guys!!!!!! And its complete and total hogwash that anyone in their right mind would consider for a moment that DEN could ever hope to sign a single player in FA next year because they are broke and theres definately no way in hell that DEN should re-sign Ryan Clady cause he sucks and hes too expensive so were all screwed!!!
Game over man, GAME OVER!

broncosteven 02-25-2013 03:03 PM

The more arguments I hear for Knighton the more I like the idea of signing him. I like his age, size and weight. If he could clog the middle and force plays outside to the strength of our I then great! We could get a more athletic MLB or let Irving/Johnson fight it out in TC.

This would mean we could go BPA through the entire draft

OBF1 02-25-2013 03:33 PM

I just talked to Pat Bowlen, He confirmed Orangemane rumor that he is indeed flat broke. Forget about these players ending up in Denver.

Paladin 02-25-2013 03:54 PM

Drop Mays and Porter and they can get Knighton for two years.

I don't have much affinity for one year deals.

cutthemdown 02-25-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3801598)

because Bailey is getting old and probably has 1 yr left. Harris is good but Carter isn't a starter IMO. You can never have too many CB.

SonOfLe-loLang 02-25-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3801674)
because Bailey is getting old and probably has 1 yr left. Harris is good but Carter isn't a starter IMO. You can never have too many CB.

So get one next year then unless you think the root of the Broncos defensive problems is corner play. Which i dont think it is.

RaiderH8r 02-25-2013 05:42 PM

Sign Manning to Brady money and we can do all sorts of ****. Come on Elway, make it happen.

Requiem 02-25-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3801680)
So get one next year then unless you think the root of the Broncos defensive problems is corner play. Which i dont think it is.

We would be stupid to pass up the insane talent at DB in this draft.

02-25-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin (Post 3801644)

Porter is a UFA, and I don't think they have any intention of resigning him

DBroncos4life 02-25-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 3801687)
Sign Manning to Brady money and we can do all sorts of ****. Come on Elway, make it happen.

You want to be paying for Manning after he is retired?

SonOfLe-loLang 02-25-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3801688)
We would be stupid to pass up the insane talent at DB in this draft.

Didnt say draft...said FA

cutthemdown 02-25-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3801694)
Didnt say draft...said FA

Thats why at this point we are guessing. Broncos could like a CB in FA and therefore not plan to draft one in the early rounds of the draft. Or they could see a CB in the first round they like and therfore go looking for a linebacker or DT in FA.

I just think FA a little weak this yr. Most important is to get a couple starters from the draft. If we keep doing that each yr we will have a kick ass team soon.

02-25-2013 06:22 PM

It will be interesting to see how the ravens approach Ellerbe and flacco in the same offseason. Someone could throw stacks at Ellerbe and it would be hard for ravens to keep him with flacco wanting big boy money.

Bigdawg26 02-25-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3801598)

Me neither for a potential 4th corner. Champ, Bolden, Harris, Carter, and a mid level corner or a 5th round pick is good with me.

BroncoMan4ever 02-25-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

I thought that too, but the Porter deal made me like the 1 year deal a lot.

Broncojef 02-25-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Haven't we been paying Warren like $4 mill to ride the bench the last couple years? Get rid of him and sign the Knighton kid.

Broncojef 02-25-2013 08:01 PM

Anyway we could add Reggie Bush to that list? :thumbs:

broncswin 02-25-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncojef (Post 3801747)
Anyway we could add Reggie Bush to that list? :thumbs:

I want Ball in the third...where do the experts have him projected??

TheReverend 02-25-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3801680)

Decided not to watch the postseason?

SonOfLe-loLang 02-25-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3801764)
Decided not to watch the postseason?

Point taken. But was that performance indicative of an overall cornerback problem or our best corner getting beaten deep twice and a fluke TD? If you want to use that one game as an example, its more a referendum on Champ Bailey than overall corner play. But I won't go as far to say that either.

TheReverend 02-25-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3801769)
Point taken. But was that performance indicative of an overall cornerback problem or our best corner getting beaten deep twice and a fluke TD? If you want to use that one game as an example, its more a referendum on Champ Bailey than overall corner play. But I won't go as far to say that either.

.... I think you lost track of the point.

The point is upgrading the CB position. You can't say, 'well one guy blew it! ' because that's wtf were talking about...

SonOfLe-loLang 02-25-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3801770)
.... I think you lost track of the point.

The point is upgrading the CB position. You can't say, 'well one guy blew it! ' because that's wtf were talking about...

I'm all for it, I just dont want to spend 7m a year on an FA to do it. All for drafting one.