FBG Mock Draft
So I'm participating in a FBG mock draft and I've got the Broncos. I'll update this thread as picks are made, but I'm wanting to this to be a collective decision. So when it comes close to the Broncos pick, I'll solicit the intellectuals here at OM to establish our pick. This is just 3 rounds.
If any of you post on FBG, and are on this mock draft, please state such :) I'll also post any significant statements as to why certain picks were made.
1. Kansas City - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama
2. Jacksonville - Barkevious Mingo, DE - LSU
3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd, DT - Florida
4. Philadelphia - Eric Fisher, OT - Central Michigan
5. Detroit - Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M
6. Cleveland - Jarvis Jones, OLB - Georgia
7 Arizona - Geno Smith, QB - West Virginia
8 Buffalo - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee
9. NY Jets - Dion Jordan, OLB - Oregon
10. Tennessee - Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama
11. San Diego - Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma
12. Miami - Bjoern Werner, DE - Florida State University
13. Tampa Bay - Khaseem Greene, OLB - Rutgers
14 - Carolina - Star Lotulelei, DT - Utah
15. New Orleans - Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB - BYU
16. St. Louis - Kenny Vaccaro, S - Texas
17. Pittsburgh - Damontre Moore, OLB - Texas A&M
18. Dallas - Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina
19. NY Giants - Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri
20. St. Louis (from Giants) - Keenan Allen, WR - Cal
21. Cincinnati - Eddie Lacy, Running Back - Alabama
22. Chicago (from Washington) - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St
23. Houston (from Minnesota) - Tavon Austin WR/RB/KR/PR/Equipment Manager, West Virginia
24. Indianapolis - Jonathan Hankins, DT - OSU
25. Seattle - Sylvester Williams, DT - North Carolina
26. Green Bay - DJ Fluker, OT - Alabama
27. Minnesota (from Houston) - Manti Te'o, LB - Notre Dame
28 Denver - Desmond Trufant, CB - Washington
29. New England - Eric Reid, S, LSU
30. Atlanta - Cornellius Carradine, DE - FSU
31. San Francisco - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
32. Baltimore - Alec Ogletree - ILB - UGA
33. Jacksonville - Matt Elam, SS - Florida
34. Kansas City - Matt Barkley, QB - Southern California
35. Philadelphia - Larry Warford, OG - Kentucky
36. Detroit - Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina
37. Cincinnati (from Oakland) - Arthur Brown - LB - Kansas State
38. Arizona - Menelik Watson, OT - Florida State
39. NY Jets - Jonathan Cyprien, S - FIU
40. Tennessee - Kwann Short, DT - Purdue
41. Buffalo - Ryan Nassib, QB - Syracuse
42. San Francisco (from Miami) - Johnthan Banks - DB - Mississippi State
43. Tampa Bay - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame
44. Houston (from Carolina) - John Jenkins - NT UGA
- New Orleans
45. San Diego - Dallas Thomas, OG - Tennessee
46. St. Louis -Barrett Jones OL Alabama
47. Dallas - Alex Okafor, DE - Texas
48. Pittsburgh - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
49. NY Giants - Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
50. Chicago - Travis Frederick, OG/C Wisconsin
51. Washington - Terrance Williams, WR Baylor
52. Minnesota - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
53. Cincinnati - Sam Montgomery, DE - LSU
54. Miami (from Indianapolis) - Robert Woods, WR, USC
55. Green Bay - Zach Ertz, TE Stanford
56. Seattle Justin Hunter, WR - Tennessee
57. Carolina - Quinton Patton, WR - Louisiana Tech
58. Denver - Markus Wheaton, WR - Oregon State
59. New England - Aaron Dobson, WR, - Marshall
60. Atlanta - Jamar Taylor, CB - Boise State
61. Miami (from San Fran) - Robert Alford, CB - Southeastern Louisiana
62. Tampa Bay (from Baltimore) - Logan Ryan, CB - Rutgers
63. Kansas City - Stedman Bailey, WR - WVU
64. Jacksonville - Oday Aboushi, OT - Virginia
65. Detroit - Leon McFadden, CB - San Diego State
66. Oakland - Kyle Long OT - Oregon
67. Philadelphia - Brandon Williams, DT - Missouri Southern State
68. Cleveland - Margus Hunt, DE - SMU
69. Arizona - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB - Connecticut
70. Tennessee - Reid Fragel, OT - OSU
71. Buffalo - Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE - Florida State
72. NY Jets - Vance McDonald TE Rice
73. Baltimore - DJ Swearinger, S - South Carolina
74. San Francisco (from Carolina) - Gavin Escobar, TE San Diego St.
75. New Orleans - Justin Pugh, OT - Syracuse
76. San Diego - Sean Porter, OLB - Texas A&M
77. Miami - Terron Armstead OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
78. St. Louis - Tyrann Mathieu, CB - LSU
79. Pittsburgh - Marquise Goodwin, WR - Texas
80. Dallas - Zaviar Gooden LB - Missouri
81. NY Giants - Jamie Collins, lb, - southern miss
82. Miami (from Chicago) - Da'Rick Rogers WR - Tennessee Tech
83. Minnesota - Sio Moore, OLB - Connecticut
84. Cincinnati - J.J. Wilcox, S - Georgia Southern
85. Washington - Darius Slay, CB - Mississippi St
86. Indianapolis - David Amerson, DB - NC State
87. Seattle - John Simon DE - DE Ohio State
88. Green Bay - Johnathan Franklin, RB - UCLA
89. Carolina (from Houston) - Shawn Williams, S - Georgia
90. Denver - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
91. New England - Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
92. Atlanta - Travis Kelce, TE - Cincinnati
93. San Francisco - Baccari Rambo S Georgia
94. Baltimore - Luke Marquardt, OT - Azusa Pacific
95. Jaguars - Mike Glennon, QB - North Carolina State
96. Chiefs - Tyler Wilson, QB - Arkansas
97. Raiders - Jordan Poyer, CB - Oregon State
98. Eagles - EJ Manuel, QB - Florida State
99. Vikings (from Lions) - B.D. Webb, CB - William & Mary
100. Cardinals - Kiko Alonso, ILB - Oregon
101. Browns - Michael Buchanan, LB - Illinois
102. Bills - Jordan Reed, TE - Florida
103. Jets - Knile Davis RB Ark
104. Titans - Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
105. Texans (from Panthers) - Jon Bostic ILB Florida
106. Saints - Shamarko Thomas, S - Syracuse
107. Chargers - Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
108. Dolphins - Earl Wolff, Safety, NC State
109. Ravens (from Buccaneers) - Josh Boyd, DT MISS ST
110. Bears (from Rams) - Bennie Logan, DT. LSU
111. Cowboys - Andre Ellington RB- Clemson
112. Steelers - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan St.
113. Giants - David Bakhtiari, OT - OT - Colorado
114. Bears - Brian Winters, OG - Kent St
115. Bengals - Ryan Swope, WR - Texas A&M
116. Redskins - Tony Jefferson, FS - Oklahoma
117. Vikings - Akeem Spence, DT - Illinois
118. Colts - Keith Pough, OLB - Howard
119. Packers - Brian Schwenke, C - California
120. Seahawks - David Quessenberry, OT - San Jose State
121. Vikings (from Texans) - Landry Jones, QB - Oklahoma
122. Broncos - Kevin Reddick, MLB - NC
123. Buccaneers (from Patriots) - Zac Dysert, QB - Miami, OH
124. Falcons - Gerald Hodges -OLB - Penn St.
125. 49ers - Cobi Hamilton - WR Arkansas
126. Ravens - Cornelius Washington, DE - Georgia
Draft complete after four rounds.
Kevin Reddick, MLB - NC
Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
Desmond Trufant, CB - Washington
1.01 - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama. It goes without saying that this is a bad year for the Chiefs to be at #1. The spot normally dictates taking one of a QB, DE, or LT. But there's no QB worthy of the #1, they've already got a LT, and they run the 3-4. So...what to do? If they take Joeckel, they have to move Albert to guard, which he's adamantly stated he does not want to do. So isn't the net result the same if they take Warmack...except that they haven't pissed off one of their only good players. Plus, they've taken what many, many scouts consider the best player available in the draft. Add into that the idea that the rookie wage scale makes this a much less bitter pill to swallow, I think that the Chiefs should...and will...take:
1.02 Jacksonville Jaguars select- Barkevious Mingo de/olb LSU I'm pretty sure they are going to take a De/olb just not sure which one. I think with Jarvis Jones spine/neck they will stay away from him and select Mingo. (This pick has received criticism, not the position, but the player as most view it as a reach).
1.03 Shariff Floyd DT - Forida The Raiders have needs at many positions including DT, OL, DE, CB being the most glaring. With Seymour being a free agent and Tommy Kelly likely being a cap casualty DT is the most glaring need. I gave serious consideration of taking one of the top tackles to replace Khalif "false start" Barnes. Also considered: Joeckel, Fisher, Werner and Domontre Moore.
2.02 Matt Barkley QB- Trojans Even if the Chiefs acquire Alex Smith, Barkley is much more of a long term solution. I think he's been unfairly lumped in with other USC QBs and his last season was the aberration and his 2011 campaign is the true one. Should fit well with Reid's WCO style.
I've received the following trade offer:
give picks #28 and #60 for #17 and a conditional 4th rounder. I've responded that I'm interested, but will wait until that pick to see who is available.
Take Xavier Rhodes.
Thoughts on trading 28 and our fourth (128) for 37th and 83rd?
Pick that WR from West Virginia if he is there.
If Sheldon Richardson is there at 17, do I trade up get him? Or is there somebody else I should trade up there, or stand pat.
I bet Rhodes runs in the 4.4's. Plenty fast.
Why did Tampa take another WLB when they just drafted David last year? Planning to put Khaseem in the middle? Uh...
Get ready for us to trade picks and pick up more in the second round
Ok, so I know most people will think this is a reach, and most Bucs fans won't like the pick. So I just wanted to come back and give my thought process.
First of all, I expect the Bucs to be big players in free agency again. Tampa should have around $40 million in cap room when free agency starts. I expect them to address most of their needs in free agency, and then go BPA in the draft. Specifically, I expect the Bucs will sign 2 free agent CBs and a TE (at a minimum).
So Greene is the best player available at 13? Maybe not for most teams, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs are that high on him. I think Greene's stock is going to soar as the draft gets closer. Whether it's to the Bucs or someone else, Greene will be a first round pick. Greene will shine during the interview process. Ask any of his teammates or coaches about Greene, and the first thing they will say is "Leader". Greg Schiano showed last year that he wants a certain type of player. Khaseem Green epitomizes the kind of player the Bucs are looking for. Schiano knows Green better than anyone, and will make sure he gets his guy.
I've read somewhere else that the Bucs wouldn't take Greene because the Strong Side LB only plays 50% of the plays. Whether Greene is the MLB or SLB, he'd stay on the field every down, while Mason Foster leaves the field on 3rd. Greene can even play FS on 3rd down if needed. Greene has only played LB for 2 years, and his tape is outstanding. He has the potential to be a special player.
So basically because Schiano was his college coach. I like Greene, but that is an abortion of a pick. Kid ****ed up.
Should I send a fourth, or fifth if possible, to move up and take Fluker at 22?
Trade: #22 overall and the Rams 4th round pick to Chicago
#20 overall pick to the Rams
#20 overall pick St. Louis selects Keenan Allen WR Cal
Sam Bradford needs help or at least that's always been the excuse. Brian Quick and Chris Givens were drafted last year to go with Amendola, but none of them have the well rounded game of Keenan Allen. Allen will come in right away and be WR1 in that offense. Allen/Quick on the outside, Givens going deep, Amendola in the slot. Also made this pick with as insurance if Danny Amendola doesn't return. Rumors have it he wants a big time deal, not sure he's worth it. Jeff Fisher also took a big athletic WR in Tennessee in Kenny Britt as well.
Thinking about trading up and taking D.J. Fluker. Him and Franklin on the right side would be beastly.
Fluker didn't have a good combine IMO, but he has good tape. Sheldon Richardson is overrrated if you ask me. Tavon Austin, the WR from West Virginia would be nice, but there are other speedy guys in this draft class you could maybe get later, just don't have as good of hands (Swope & Denard Robinson).
Sheldon Richardson was just taken, and I'm not trading up for Tavon Austin. I might take him at 28, but not going to trade up for him.
Looks like I'll have to give up my third to move up to 21/22, so it's not going to happen. Third rounder is too valuable. If he is still sitting there at 25, I'll do it, but no way he makes it past both Cincy/Chicago.
Fluker didn't participate in the combine.
how come this mock draft takes longer than the real one??
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.