The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pimp! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110247)

02-22-2013 11:21 AM

Pimp!

John Elway is trending on Twitter. His press conference at the NFL combine is the talk of the pro football universe right now.

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.word...8146.jpg?w=195

Kaylore 02-22-2013 11:29 AM

Can someone elaborate more than "he's on twitter" please?

Requiem 02-22-2013 11:29 AM

He looks a little hung over.

Requiem 02-22-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3800336)
Can someone elaborate more than "he's on twitter" please?

His press conference plus notes are on the team's official website. Presser is about 12:00 - 13:00 minutes long.

phibacka31 02-22-2013 11:38 AM

Was just going to post something on this...

Said Brock would be the TOP QB in this years class

Irish Stout 02-22-2013 11:39 AM

Elway is apparently strolling around the combine in a leather jacket and people are apparently hoping that he sexes them up. That seems to be all there is to it.... people commenting: "Elway looks like he could start a jukebox with one kick."

Looking at twitter I could not find his presser...

Requiem 02-22-2013 11:45 AM

My Cliffnotes:

Talked about the NFL discussing a change in the off-season calendar. Rumors are the draft may be moved back, perhaps not this year, but down the road. Doesn't know too much about it other than that.

Thinks Peyton Manning is only going to get better after another off-season.

Was asked of the game against Baltimore reminded him of 1996 in Jacksonville and if he would like to forget it. He said he doesn't want the team to forget the game, but learn from it and become better prepared for next year.

Speculation on MLB being an early pick: Elway dismisses it by saying they have Nate Irving and Stevie Johnson, whom they both have high expectations for and are excited to see them in camp and OTA's. Said that Irving was drafted in the third round to be the guy to man the middle of the defense.

Happy with the progression of Brock Osweiler. Excited for him to learn under Peyton. Working hard on his footwork and release.

Believes Rahim Moore had a great year in comparison to his rookie year, despite his last game. Hasn't seen Moore since the last game, but says he handled the situation with maturity and he was pleased with that. Reminded the question askers that h believes that a lot of things in that game caused them to lose, and it isn't fair to single out one person or one particular play.

I know I missed something between Brock and Rahim, but whatever.

pricejj 02-22-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Stout (Post 3800345)
"Elway looks like he could start a jukebox with one kick."

hahahahhah:rofl:

that is freaking hilarious

Requiem 02-22-2013 11:48 AM

Elway Quotes:

On whether he expects championships after the playoff loss, like after 1996 loss
“I hope so. I was just talking to someone out there, talking about forget last year. I don’t want to forget last year. I don’t want our team to forget it. I want them to realize it was a great year, but also don’t forget that feeling of what happened in the playoff game. Be able to learn from that. Hopefully we can build on it and get better from it, as we did in ’96. ’97 and ’98 were good years for us, so I’m hoping that we can learn like we did back then with this experience. I’m hopeful. We’ve got a good football team, so we think that we’ll continue to build on that and see what happens.”

On whether QB Peyton Manning met or exceeded his expectations
“I think he met the expectations. He probably exceeded them. If you look at the numbers, what he did, he had a tremendous year. In talking to different guys that have kind of been through what he’s been through when it comes to that neck, there’s a lot more to it than I think that I knew, as well as what a lot of people know, having to go through that and come back from that. In that case, I think he exceeded the expectations. Now that I know what he had to go through and the things that he had to overcome with that neck, not so much physically, but mentally, he did a tremendous job in the way he worked at it. So when I say he met, I should probably rephrase that and say he exceeded that. But I’m looking forward to next year, too. I think he’s just going to continue to get better.”

On QB Brock Osweiler
“We’re excited with Brock. He came in and even having a year with him under our roof, we’re even more excited about him and what he can do. Obviously it worked out tremendously with Peyton. Brock was a guy that I thought could come in and eventually be that guy, to be able to learn from Peyton Manning as long as Peyton still wants to play. He’ll continue to grow, because he was a young guy, he was a junior coming out. So we’re really excited about where we are at that position. Brock’s going to continue to get better and better.”

ColoradoDarin 02-22-2013 01:56 PM

He has a boat to eat shrimp in. Nothing is wrong with his leg, just b-boy limping.

02-22-2013 02:05 PM

Elway looks like he went out drinking and dancing last night.

02-22-2013 02:09 PM

He also said Peyton won't be restructuring his contract this offseason, they feel like they have enough room to work with...

gunns 02-22-2013 02:59 PM

I wonder what Brock is progressing means. Can he hand off faster, smoother or is he learning to do what a QB needs to do.

Rahim had a great year for Rahim, I wasn't terribly impressed. Just reminds me of a player that we have "settled" for in the past and try to find something positive about. If he continues to improve, maybe, but let's speed it up.

I'm excited about next year. I do expect the same results as we had the year after the Jacksonville debacle.

Requiem 02-22-2013 03:10 PM

Elway was speaking about Brock's delivery.

kappys 02-22-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3800434)
I wonder what Brock is progressing means. Can he hand off faster, smoother or is he learning to do what a QB needs to do.

Rahim had a great year for Rahim, I wasn't terribly impressed. Just reminds me of a player that we have "settled" for in the past and try to find something positive about. If he continues to improve, maybe, but let's speed it up.

I'm excited about next year. I do expect the same results as we had the year after the Jacksonville debacle.

Rahim did very well in the first half of the season when his primary responsibility was run stopping. once Jack D got us into what was effectively a 3-4(3 2 gap D lineman c Elvis and Miller playing a 3-4 OLB like role) the run issues were sorted out and Rahim had more coverage responsbilities. I think we all remember how that ended.

My biggest hope with Quinton can make it back from surgery but unfortunately we won't know that until preseason. A new safety would be nice but I wouldn't make it a top priority

DomCasual 02-22-2013 04:17 PM

Based on the breathlessness of the OP, I expected to read about all the other owners and executives starting some kind of slow clap for him.

I envisioned something like this.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0zFAvzf0Mv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gunns 02-22-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3800442)
Elway was speaking about Brock's delivery.

To the RB or the WR? I kid. Osweiler is my biggest disappointment in Elway, maybe my only one. He has not looked like a future QB at all so far. I know he hasn't much of a chance, but his demeanor out there does not inspire confidence. I hope I'm wrong.

DomCasual 02-22-2013 04:19 PM

After the press conference, the other executives were all, "All right! Let's go!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QM0dbwDc2FE?list=PLFF6F46B6D1FEE66A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mogulseeker 02-22-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phibacka31 (Post 3800343)
Was just going to post something on this...

Said Brock would be the TOP QB in this years class

I don't disagree with Mr. Elway.

Brock would be a top 10 pick in 2013... especially as a senior.

hades 02-22-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3800462)
To the RB or the WR? I kid. Osweiler is my biggest disappointment in Elway, maybe my only one. He has not looked like a future QB at all so far. I know he hasn't much of a chance, but his demeanor out there does not inspire confidence. I hope I'm wrong.

No, pizza, they need someone ASAP!

02-22-2013 05:05 PM

I'm curious what two youngsters do we have that most don't know about who will be competing for a spot(s)...

Play2win 02-22-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3800351)
hahahahhah:rofl:

that is freaking hilarious

No ****, I LOL'd

ghwk 02-22-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3800340)
His press conference plus notes are on the team's official website. Presser is about 12:00 - 13:00 minutes long.

Damn thanks to media these days anything over 15 seconds long I can't handle anymore.

ghwk 02-22-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3800434)

It means he can tie his own shoes now without falling over.

Pontius Pirate 02-22-2013 07:56 PM

MAN OBAMA BE TAKIN OUR GUNS!