The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   IAOFM: Fox's use of Manning on 4th Down Absurd (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110245)

Mogulseeker 02-22-2013 10:00 AM

IAOFM: Fox's use of Manning on 4th Down Absurd

Thoughts?

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...th-down-absurd

ZONA 02-22-2013 10:05 AM

If we were better at short yardage running I'm sure Fox would have probably gone for it more often. But I would agree, if field position is to our advantage, take a few more risks and go for it a bit more. Not saying go crazy or anything, but raise that number from 4 to something like 10.

02-22-2013 10:07 AM

Fox's conservatism will continue to haunt this team as long as he is the coach...

bronco militia 02-22-2013 10:07 AM

john fox is gutless? who knew ZZZ...

RhymesayersDU 02-22-2013 10:10 AM

But, but, but, when you have Peyton Manning you punt and play the field position game. That's what I was told when this issue came up during the season.

Jetmeck 02-22-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3800299)
But, but, but, when you have Peyton Manning you punt and play the field position game. That's what I was told when this issue came up during the season.

PFM is paid to convert third downs and one of the best in history at it.

What more would it take to get Fox to take a chance to finish the game off.....???......that is all

Endy 02-22-2013 10:32 AM

Trying to think of a QB who is better at getting a guaranteed 2-4 yards on a quick pass than PFM. Rodgers maybe?

Crushaholic 02-22-2013 11:01 AM

This better be an indictment of the rest of the offense, not Peyton Manning. That would be extremely stupid of Fox not to trust a future Hall of Famer...

02-22-2013 11:05 AM

I wholeheartedly believe Fox is the #1 reason we probably aren't going to go to a Super Bowl, much less win one, before Manning retires. Dude is a giant vagina.

gyldenlove 02-22-2013 11:22 AM

A team that goes 13-3 is rarely going to be in situations when going on a 4th down is profitable.

Irish Stout 02-22-2013 11:42 AM

I am hoping Gase is better. I hated McCoy's play calling last year as well. I would really like to know how much Fox was in control of the offense verse McCoy, but ultimately it doesn't matter.

02-22-2013 11:46 AM

Im sure this has more to do with the fact of closing the season on an 11 game win streak when the closest game was 7 points rather then the point theyre trying to make

02-22-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Stout (Post 3800347)
I am hoping Gase is better. I hated McCoy's play calling last year as well. I would really like to know how much Fox was in control of the offense verse McCoy, but ultimately it doesn't matter.

No matter what it is still Manning doing the majority of the play calls.

02-22-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3800331)
A team that goes 13-3 is rarely going to be in situations when going on a 4th down is profitable.

Or even trying on third down really. If we actually try our best to move chains its almost not fair to the other team. :)

pricejj 02-22-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3800320)
I wholeheartedly believe Fox is the #1 reason we probably aren't going to go to a Super Bowl, much less win one, before Manning retires. Dude is a giant vagina.

Wrong.

Here's 10 REAL reasons why the Broncos lost:
1. Clady lets Suggs through to sack Manning late in the game, because he had no strength in his right arm (torn labrum).
2. Peg-Leg Kuper called for holding, killing a Broncos 1st down with less than 5 minutes left (not to mention completely whiffing on blocks several times).
3. Moreno's knee injury leading to playing the youngest player in the NFL (Hillman) the entire 2nd half.
4. Tony Carter sucks REAL bad. How bad? Calvin Lowry bad.
5. Champ got burned deep about 5 times (in the first half alone).
6. DJ Williams without steroids = Ray Rice with a 40-yard run, down to the 2.
7. The Broncos generated no pass rush all game.
8. Both Dumervil and Miller jumping offsides multiple times.
9. Prater is horrible (kicked the ground) and should not be on the team.
10. It's almost as if the Broncos played without any Safeties the entire game.

02-22-2013 12:18 PM

it seemed like the ravens were ready to play in the cold and we were not. champs old ass legs couldnt get warmed up to play the way he wanted too.

thoughts that the cold had a huge effect on the game because i think mannings arm was off, as was the team as a whole

Inkana7 02-22-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3800359)
Wrong.

Here's 10 REAL reasons why the Broncos lost:1. Clady lets Suggs through to sack Manning late in the game, because he had no strength in his right arm (torn labrum).
2. Peg-Leg Kuper called for holding, killing a Broncos 1st down with less than 5 minutes left (not to mention completely whiffing on blocks several times).
3. Moreno's knee injury leading to playing the youngest player in the NFL (Hillman) the entire 2nd half.

You're bad at criticism.

maven 02-22-2013 12:22 PM

Maybe Fox will change from playing poosey ball.

crush17 02-22-2013 12:29 PM

To be clear, that was not an IAOFM article.

Here is the link to the full article: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...coaches/21542/

02-22-2013 12:34 PM

Fox showed his entire regular season philosophy in a playoff game. A HC that doesn't realize a playoff game is different where "percentages" are thrown out the window. Regular season coaching in postseason play gets you an early exit.

Mogulseeker 02-22-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endy (Post 3800308)
Trying to think of a QB who is better at getting a guaranteed 2-4 yards on a quick pass than PFM. Rodgers maybe?

Brady always kills us with those quick slants.

02-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Wrong.

Here's 10 REAL reasons why the Broncos lost:1. Clady lets Suggs through to sack Manning late in the game, because he had no strength in his right arm (torn labrum).

Agree, except I don't remember Carter having a bad game particularly. I think the ravens got the benefit of the doubt on some offensive p.i's. And I think dumervil was responsible for both of the offsides, and both were brutal.

pricejj 02-22-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3800392)
Agree, except I don't remember Carter having a bad game particularly. I think the ravens got the benefit of the doubt on some offensive p.i's. And I think dumervil was responsible for both of the offsides, and both were brutal.

Dumervil had a couple offsides, and Von had one too. Fortunately, on that drive, Flacco fumbled the snap, and Brooking recovered.

Carter isn't a competitor, which is my main beef. He casually jogged several yards behind Jacoby Jones during the game-tying bomb in the last minute of the game. He didn't check Jones at the LOS, didn't cover Jones, and made no attempt to fight for a tackle. Lazy, incoherent, and unaware. He also plays with pretty horrible technique.

broncosteven 02-22-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Wrong.

1. Clady lets Suggs through to sack Manning late in the game, because he had no strength in his right arm (torn labrum).

Pretty sure Clady was clean vs the Ravens, the pressure came from the inside. Kruger had the strip sack from the inside off Kuper, Suggs had 2 but pretty sure they came from the inside.

Crushaholic 02-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Wrong.

Prater is usually money. It's too bad that he saved one of his worst games for when it actually counted...