The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Knowshon Moreno had knee surgery after the season (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110243)

pricejj 02-21-2013 10:09 PM

Knowshon Moreno had knee surgery after the season

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-season/18540/

"Moreno underwent a treatment to insert stem cells harvested from bone marrow in his pelvis into his right knee. It is the same knee Moreno tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) to end his 2011 season."

underrated29 02-21-2013 10:39 PM

From this day forth I hereby declare him as kneeshon Moreno

theAPAOps5 02-21-2013 11:04 PM

That is no bueno

DHallblows 02-21-2013 11:21 PM

CUT HIM!

Sorry, I thought that was the established reaction to a Knowshon thread around here...

Ratboy 02-21-2013 11:29 PM

We need a running back or 2. There is no way we can rely on Moreno or Willis through the season. I really like Ronnie Hillman and believe he'll contribute a lot more next season, but we need that every down back.

I would like to see the Broncos pursue Ahmad Bradshaw or Steven Jackson.

lonestar 02-21-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 3800150)
We need a running back or 2. There is no way we can rely on Moreno or Willis through the season. I really like Ronnie Hillman and believe he'll contribute a lot more next season, but we need that every down back.

What are you going pay them with? Currently less than 4 million to spend after Clady is tagged as well as needing to find a couple DT's and some other players that are UFA from last years roster.

What are you going to do in 1-2 years when they are washed up.

Super easy to throw out stuff to see if it sticks, but much harder to plan it out.

02-22-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3800153)
What are you going pay them with? Currently less than 4 million to spend after Clady is tagged as well as needing to find a couple DT's and some other players that are UFA from last years roster.

Super easy to throw out stuff to see if it sticks, but much harder to plan it out.

Cuts are coming soon...after getting rid of the wastes of money like dj there'll be more space

ZONA 02-22-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

I doubt that's going to happen. The one area in the draft where rookies can have an immediate impact is RB. They're are guys all over the draft who can come in and get it done at RB for us. You can't just look at the projected top RB's in college. You also are going to see several late round players come up big, happens all the time. We used to be very good at finding those players. We obviously need to get better at it. I hate the idea of trying to get Jackson or Bradshaw. If they were 10 years younger, maybe.

Ball is junk - Moreno unreliable due to injury - McGahee unreliable due to age - Hillman can't take a full load - Hester not starting material.

Find a few good backs in the draft.

02-22-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3800156)
I doubt that's going to happen. The one area in the draft where rookies can have an immediate impact is RB. They're are guys all over the draft who can come in and get it done at RB for us. You can't just look at the projected top RB's in college. You also are going to see several late round players come up big, happens all the time. We used to be very good at finding those players. We obviously need to get better at it. I hate the idea of trying to get Jackson or Bradshaw. If they were 10 years younger, maybe.

Ball is junk - Moreno unreliable due to injury - McGahee unreliable due to age - Hillman can't take a full load - Hester not starting material.

Find a few good backs in the draft.

You realize Bradshaw is 26, right?

ZONA 02-22-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3800158)
You realize Bradshaw is 26, right?

Yes, I was just clumping him with Jackson. Bradshaw is a nice back but at what his price will be, I don't think you'll get the best value. And he's about 190 pounds. Again, we already have our change of pace guy in Hillman. I think Bradshaw is obviously a bit more physical then Hillman but you're not going to pay Bradshaw his dollars while paying Hillman.....and still need to get that bigger 220 pound type of back that can still crank out some long runs. Would I rather have Bradshaw then Hillman, sure. But I don't think they're going to go that direction in terms of a back. I'm hoping they're looking for somebody with a little more size but the same shiftiness and speed.

gunns 02-22-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

If you want an "every down" back I don't believe Bradshaw is the guy. In his 6 years he's only played all 16 games once, never starting all. He is a decent receiver though.

bowtown 02-22-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3800153)

You know what would be hilarious? If you just said the same stupid **** in every single post you make and then post like 50 times a day in every thread on the OM.

Oh you already do that? Hilarious!

TheReverend 02-22-2013 05:29 AM

Honestly, I just assumed he has a knee surgery every weekend.

elsid13 02-22-2013 06:15 AM

If you inject stem cells isn't that an attempt to treat a degeneration of the cartilage? Sound like a long term problem career ending problem vs a quick fix.

Beantown Bronco 02-22-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3800176)
If you inject stem cells isn't that an attempt to treat a degeneration of the cartilage? Sound like a long term problem career ending problem vs a quick fix.

If that were the case, I'm sure we would've heard something by now. That's not exactly something you can just hide, especially for a guy like Moreno that's been under the microscope for the last few years.

elsid13 02-22-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3800179)
If that were the case, I'm sure we would've heard something by now. That's not exactly something you can just hide, especially for a guy like Moreno that's been under the microscope for the last few years.

Maybe the knee hasn't responded, and this is the first attempt to fix it. I think it odd that they are inject stem cells if there wasn't a problem or maybe it a Crossfit thing..

02-22-2013 06:32 AM

He is scheduled ot make over $3 million this year. Could be interesting, I think he will have vaule in the FA market if Denver does not wish to pay him that.

Beantown Bronco 02-22-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3800181)
He is scheduled ot make over $3 million this year. Could be interesting, I think he will have vaule in the FA market if Denver does not wish to pay him that.

I'm not sure where you got that number, but he's only scheduled to make $1.7 mil next year. Maybe his cap hit?

02-22-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3800185)
I'm not sure where you got that number, but he's only scheduled to make $1.7 mil next year. Maybe his cap hit?

Moreno also carries a rather hefty $3.287 million salary-cap charge in the upcoming season, which for a team looking to create some cap room in the coming weeks and with at least some uncertainty of Moreno's availability, may get a look for a trim.

Read more: NFL draft could cure Broncos' injury concerns at running back, O-line - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2LdSGH9hD

I gave up a long time ago figuring out how they come up with salaries. Cap hit is probably what it is.

socalorado 02-22-2013 07:07 AM

I think he gets cut. and i cant believe i am saying this, but i dont want him to!
He really improved as the year went on, and he deserves to be given a chance next year. But i see that money going elsewhere.

02-22-2013 07:17 AM

Moreno is decent, but not worth 3 mil a year. He hasn't finished either of the last two seasons due to knee injuries. He's better than he used to be, but still his only real value is in the passing game. I think they should let him go

TheReverend 02-22-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3800179)

Honestly I kinda feel like EVERYONE has stopped giving a **** about him.

TonyR 02-22-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3800186)
Moreno also carries a rather hefty $3.287 million salary-cap charge in the upcoming season, which for a team looking to create some cap room in the coming weeks and with at least some uncertainty of Moreno's availability, may get a look for a trim.

Salary is only $1.7 million, cap hit is the $3.3 million you mention. Since the Broncos are something of a cash budget operation they care a lot more about the former number than the latter.

Lestat 02-22-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3800176)

no, it's generally used as a way to stimulate the nerves and tissue around the area to avoid further surgeries and ailments.
it's basically used like a glucosomine treatment to help the area feel better and improve functionality without a ton of invasive surgeries or scopes.

TonyR 02-22-2013 08:05 AM

This report isn't very clear. Did he really have corrective "surgery" that we should be concerned about or is this just really more of a "treatment"? I'm leaning more towards the latter, but perhaps be had both?