The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Welkah wont be franchised (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110208)

Mogulseeker 02-18-2013 05:00 PM

Welkah wont be franchised

NFL.com reporting that Welker won't be franchised by the Pats.

I remember someone saying that Elway was interested in him. Must've been in the light rail.... but still...

Broncojef 02-18-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy (Post 3798679)
NFL.com reporting that Welker won't be resigned by the Pats.

I remember someone saying that Elway was interested in him. Must've been in the light rail.... but still...

He seems like such an expensive little proposition. I'm all for Manning having targets but man. I rather see a stud MLB or RB signed but I guess I can't get too angry if he became a Bronco.

BroncoMan4ever 02-18-2013 05:04 PM

Realistically what team wouldn't be interested in a guy who averages over 100 catches a year.

And if this is true, Belicheat's ego and belief in his supposed greatness is getting out of hand. He is going to keep letting stars walk and then find himself screwed.

02-18-2013 05:12 PM

Welker is a great system guy. Notice how his numbers skyrocketed once he worked with Brady. The broncos are one of the few teams in the NFL (maybe the only other than the patriots) who has a great system that he would thrive in. Welker should WANT to come here, especially so he could stick it to the hoodie.

I don't know if his value at a 8-9 mil salary per year is better than a guy like collie at the veteran minimum. I'd be excited if we got welker, but it seems to me safety and running back are more pressing FA needs.

02-18-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy (Post 3798679)
NFL.com reporting that Welker won't be resigned by the Pats.

it was IncarceratedBob who said it about a month ago..

@IncarceratedBob: **UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: After the playoff disappointment #Broncos Elway plans to go after some big names (Welker/Amendola/Sean Smith)

but who knows whether he was just throwing **** and seeing if it would stick. Although he has had a decent track record with the broncos in the past.

Play2win 02-18-2013 05:17 PM

I wonder how it would look with WRs 4-wide, with both Stokley and Welker out there.

Mogulseeker 02-18-2013 05:21 PM

He won't be franchised....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ed-by-patriots

That doesn't necessarily mean he won't be resigned.

Lestat 02-18-2013 05:30 PM

too expensive for a team like us. we need a dynamic slot but we have two top WR's already and can't afford to sink 9 mil in a 3rd guy.

02-18-2013 05:30 PM

I would rather sign Collie.. and Knighton.. and Schwartz... and Extend/Resign some of our own..with Welkahs "cap" / monetary figures.

extralife 02-18-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker (Post 3798689)
I wonder how it would look with WRs 4-wide, with both Stokley and Welker out there.

it would look like an offense that peyton manning doesn't ever run

Mogulseeker 02-18-2013 05:38 PM

I like our setup right now with 2wide and 2tight.

Decker-Thomas-Tamme-Dreesen is pretty nice. Plus we need a roster spot for Holliday... and Stokes can put out another year.

02-18-2013 05:47 PM

This is probably the best fit for him as Manning is the only QB likely to use him the way Brady has. But not at 9 mil. That's ridiculous for a system guy.

02-18-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3798688)
it was IncarceratedBob who said it about a month ago..

@IncarceratedBob: **UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: After the playoff disappointment #Broncos Elway plans to go after some big names (Welker/Amendola/Sean Smith)

but who knows whether he was just throwing **** and seeing if it would stick. Although he has had a decent track record with the broncos in the past.

cue dbroncos4life

BroncoMan4ever 02-18-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy (Post 3798706)
I like our setup right now with 2wide and 2tight.

Decker-Thomas-Tamme-Dreesen is pretty nice. Plus we need a roster spot for Holliday... and Stokes can put out another year.

Green is going to take Dreesen's job next year and finally give us that athletic freak at TE.

ZONA 02-18-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3798745)
Green is going to take Dreesen's job next year and finally give us that athletic freak at TE.

We'll see. Dreessen was originally in there because of his blocking but has really came on late in the season in the passing game. If anything, I'm hoping Green can really push Tamme for the other spot. Tamme is more 1 dimensional the Dreessen at this point.

Mogulseeker 02-18-2013 08:11 PM

I read something about Tamme being the best in the league at drops-to-catch ratio. In other words: he's sure-handed.

I think of Tamme as a big WR... and I really like Dreesen on the team, and a lot of it because he's a hometown kid. Given his skillset, I think he can play h-back... remember Patrick Hape back in the day?

KipCorrington25 02-18-2013 08:12 PM

Dare I say the next Ed McCaffrey?

Mogulseeker 02-18-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3798752)
Dare I say the next Ed McCaffrey?

Sure... while we're at it, lets call Zdeno Chara the next Martin St. Louis:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BI0i1BKZDs...matters2zp.jpg

BroncoMan4ever 02-18-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3798750)
We'll see. Dreessen was originally in there because of his blocking but has really came on late in the season in the passing game. If anything, I'm hoping Green can really push Tamme for the other spot. Tamme is more 1 dimensional the Dreessen at this point.

Tamme is too much of a favorite target for Peyton to be passed over.

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 08:48 PM

Watching Manning shatter records with Wes Welker would be awesome.

yerner 02-18-2013 08:59 PM

system guy.. means white guy.

Requiem 02-18-2013 09:01 PM

http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_george_carlin.jpg

lonestar 02-19-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3798683)
Realistically what team wouldn't be interested in a guy who averages over 100 catches a year.

And if this is true, Belicheat's ego and belief in his supposed greatness is getting out of hand. He is going to keep letting stars walk and then find himself screwed.

one of the reasons he gets 100 catches a year is prior to the BIG TE's coming to town Brady had few other choices to throw to..

do not get me wrong he is a great player I suspect had Decker or DT not been on the team Stokley would have been getting as much attention as Welker does..

As far as Belicheck is concerned he has a very well oiled machine and is OK with folks leaving IF they want to much money..

Rarely has that hurt the team.. Seymour probably being the biggest exception..

They have so much talent that someone else steps up.. But that is what happens when you draft well and pick up cheap old timers that want to play for a good team and have a chance at getting a ring..

lonestar 02-19-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3798708)
This is probably the best fit for him as Manning is the only QB likely to use him the way Brady has. But not at 9 mil. That's ridiculous for a system guy.

considering that Decker is a UFA next year and DT the year after.. we are going to have to find some coin to pay them when that happens..

Like you not sure that signing welker would be good ESPECIALLY since we do not have 9 million to spend as we speak, even dropping DJ and Mayes would still not cover but one year for welker and then there is the pesky 24 other UFA at the end of the 2013 season to deal with....

extralife 02-19-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3798791)
one of the reasons he gets 100 catches a year is prior to the BIG TE's coming to town Brady had few other choices to throw to..

you're right, Randy Moss was a scrub