The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bowers Arrested - Loaded Handgun in Airport (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110207)

TheReverend 02-18-2013 02:35 PM

Bowers Arrested - Loaded Handgun in Airport
 
I'm all for gun rights, but Jesus Christ, how stupid do you have to be?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...191722191.html

"Da'Quan Bowers, a defensive end for the Buccaneers, was arrested at a check-in counter after he was found with a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag, spokesmen for the Port Authority and the Queens District Attorney's office said. He was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina."

ludo21 02-18-2013 02:40 PM

ooops

dummy

colorado jones 02-18-2013 02:52 PM

Common sense.

Get some homey!

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 02:53 PM

I was told by a poster here that things like this is a character issue and not a intelligence issue.

02-18-2013 03:04 PM

Yeah you wont find a bigger advocate for gun rights on here but that is absolutely idiotic

02-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798640)
I was told by a poster here that things like this is a character issue and not a intelligence issue.

not all unintelligent people make bad character decisions. I'm just saying you can't pin the "cancer" label on a guy who has a low SAT score.

srphoenix 02-18-2013 03:14 PM

of all places too... the carry-on bag???

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2013 03:17 PM

lol, he probably didn't even know he had the gun... I bet his girlfriend wanted to mess with him and she threw it in the bag. "This is what you get for cheating on me!"

Pack your own bags you moron.

gyldenlove 02-18-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srphoenix (Post 3798645)
of all places too... the carry-on bag???

Better than the rectum.....

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3798643)
not all unintelligent people make bad character decisions. I'm just saying you can't pin the "cancer" label on a guy who has a low SAT score.

So me having concerns about a player for not being very bright equals me pinning the "cancer" label on him? :thumbs: I have concerns about Lacy not running in the combine due to another injury. I guess that means I think he is injury prone as well.

underrated29 02-18-2013 03:44 PM

How did he get through security though? I mean if he was about to board the flight. And what did they do a secondary screen at the gate to catch him

Rocket 7 02-18-2013 03:51 PM

I remember when it happen to Barry Switzer

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/08/05/sp...un-charge.html

02-18-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798648)
So me having concerns about a player for not being very bright equals me pinning the "cancer" label on him? :thumbs: I have concerns about Lacy not running in the combine due to another injury. I guess that means I think he is injury prone as well.

By all accounts Lacy has good character, and but not high aptitude test intelligence. Tebow wasn't smart either, but was universally regarded as a high character guy. If Lacy was white, would you have the same concerns?

All I was saying is you can't judge a guy's character based off an SAT or Wonderlic score. Maurice Clarett got a 20 on the wonderlic. Adrian Peterson got an 18. Does this mean Clarett is smarter, therefore makes better decisions?

The less intelligent guys are more likely to make boneheaded decisions, perhaps. But what is the measure of intelligence? The aptitude tests that are given to college athletes don't measure decision making abilities, or street smarts. It measures book smarts. And running back is one of the few positions in the NFL where a guy without much book smarts can be successful, because it's so instinctive.

You can't assume a guy will have a character problem when he has never gotten in trouble with the law. There's no precedent.

OBF1 02-18-2013 04:08 PM

And I only get DUI's, Who is smart now?

Signed,
D.J. Williams

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elibroncofan (Post 3798656)
By all accounts Lacy has good character, and but not high aptitude test intelligence. Tebow wasn't smart either, but was universally regarded as a high character guy. If Lacy was white, would you have the same concerns?

All I was saying is you can't judge a guy's character based off an SAT or Wonderlic score. Maurice Clarett got a 20 on the wonderlic. Adrian Peterson got an 18. Does this mean Clarett is smarter, therefore makes better decisions?

The less intelligent guys are more likely to make boneheaded decisions, perhaps. But what is the measure of intelligence? The aptitude tests that are given to college athletes don't measure decision making abilities, or street smarts. It measures book smarts. And running back is one of the few positions in the NFL where a guy without much book smarts can be successful, because it's so instinctive.

You can't assume a guy will have a character problem when he has never gotten in trouble with the law. There's no precedent.

I'm not racist you tard. That is the end this debate.

02-18-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798667)
I'm not racist you tard. That is the end this debate.

never said you were, just said that there are social prejudices we are all guilty of. But I guess that's a clever way of getting out of an actual debate.

Lestat 02-18-2013 05:24 PM

just a ****ing Mo-ron! who the hell carries a loaded gun in their carry on to an airport?

extralife 02-18-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3798646)
lol, he probably didn't even know he had the gun... I bet his girlfriend wanted to mess with him and she threw it in the bag. "This is what you get for cheating on me!"

Pack your own bags you moron.

you will find any excuse to blame everything on women, won't you

please don't answer that

enjolras 02-18-2013 05:30 PM

It just terrifies me that these idiots are running around when I'm out in public. Loaded...like a fire-fight is going to break out at any moment.

McDman 02-18-2013 06:56 PM

One time on my way to Switzerland I threw a bag together really quickly and had forgotten to check what was at the bottom first. I had just moved and had thrown stuff in there. Mid flight I'm digging through the bad looking for something when I find my five inch Spyderco knife.

For about five seconds I was like fvvvvvvvvvvvck, I'm so screwed. I shut my bag and felt nervous for the next 7 hours.

Once I was off the flight I didn't understand how security didn't see it. It wasn't even hidden. Thankfully it wasn't found or I probably would be on the no fly list.

yerner 02-18-2013 06:59 PM

calm down, liberals..

huh?? 02-18-2013 07:29 PM

Didn't that happen to Eddie VanHalen too?

02-18-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3798629)
I'm all for gun rights, but Jesus Christ, how stupid do you have to be?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...191722191.html

"Da'Quan Bowers, a defensive end for the Buccaneers, was arrested at a check-in counter after he was found with a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag, spokesmen for the Port Authority and the Queens District Attorney's office said. He was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina."

What do you mean? If law abiding citizens are not able to carry guns on planes then only criminals will have them!!

Kaylore 02-18-2013 07:57 PM

I can't fathom how stupid that is. The only thing I could think is if he forgot it was in there, which really is pretty stupid.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3798696)
you will find any excuse to blame everything on women, won't you

please don't answer that

Actually, I was blaming him, but whatever.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.