The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Combine notes (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110206)

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 02:23 PM

Combine notes
 
So far Matt Barkley and Eddie Lacy are a no go in the combine.

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 02:34 PM

Does anyone think Matt gets picked before the 3rd round now? Also with Lacy not running we very well could see a draft with no RB's selected in the first round. Hell QB's as well. :giggle:

I wish these guys would have had a good showing to get a couple better players to fall to us. Oh well.

02-18-2013 04:41 PM

I thought you were interested in Lacy with our first pick..?

elsid13 02-18-2013 04:58 PM

Why is Lacy not going? Is it injury or choice. And Barkley still recovering so the most important thing for him is to get a clean medical eval.

DBroncos4life 02-18-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3798677)
Why is Lacy not going? Is it injury or choice. And Barkley still recovering so the most important thing for him is to get a clean medical eval.

He hurt his hamstring preparing for the combine. MRI showed a slight tear and they hope he will be able to run at his pro day.

Bmore he is one of the players I like.

oubronco 02-18-2013 05:39 PM

If Lacy is sittin there at #28 he better be a Bronco

Rascal 02-18-2013 05:56 PM

I will be pissed if we spend an early draft pick on a RB.

Requiem 02-18-2013 06:32 PM

Not interested in Lacey @ #28. Get a guy like Bell in the third to be a power guy and pair him with Ronnie.

Rohirrim 02-18-2013 07:39 PM

Barkley's shoulder is still healing. His agent and doctors told him not to throw.

BroncoInferno 02-19-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oubronco (Post 3798707)
If Lacy is sittin there at #28 he better be a Bronco

Hell no. He's a product of the Alabama OL, just like Ingram (and possibly Richardson, though he has a much better overall skill set than those other two). Also, he offers nothing in the passing game, which is a non-starter in this offense.

Mediator12 02-19-2013 01:55 PM

NO RB in the first, and definitely not in THIS draft. There will be some amazing Defensive talent sitting there at 28. Just too many good selections available and I would be fine if they moved down 4-5 spots for more early picks. Top 100 is the best I can remember on the defensive side of the ball, and the OL and WR's are stacked as well in the TOP 100.

Good year to have many picks in the first three rounds. F'in Rams ;D

cmhargrove 02-20-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798628)
Does anyone think Matt gets picked before the 3rd round now? Also with Lacy not running we very well could see a draft with no RB's selected in the first round. Hell QB's as well. :giggle:

I wish these guys would have had a good showing to get a couple better players to fall to us. Oh well.

I will be pretty floored if Barkley doesn't end up at the bottom of the first / top of the second. QB's seem to rise more than any other position as draft day nears. Tell me that Tannehill should have been a top 10 pick last year. Was Weeden really worth the number 22 pick? Look at Gabbert the year before.

Qb's always rise before the draft, Barkley should end up as a first round pick once the hype train gets rolling.

ludo21 02-20-2013 01:54 PM

Barkley shoulder could push him down though...

cmhargrove 02-20-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3799457)
Barkley shoulder could push him down though...

I think history shows he will be drafted off his last couple years of performance and potential. I don't know what his current shoulder situation is, but if he is projected to be ready for training camp, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him end up as a top 10 pick, even top 5 if Andy Reid falls in love with Geno Smith.

There are 2 within trading range that need a franchise QB (Buffalo, Arizona), and won't have a hard time finding trading partners in the top 10 if they get nervous.

DBroncos4life 02-20-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmhargrove (Post 3799467)
I think history shows he will be drafted off his last couple years of performance and potential. I don't know what his current shoulder situation is, but if he is projected to be ready for training camp, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him end up as a top 10 pick, even top 5 if Andy Reid falls in love with Geno Smith.

There are 2 within trading range that need a franchise QB (Buffalo, Arizona), and won't have a hard time finding trading partners in the top 10 if they get nervous.

I think you are in for a shock.

ludo21 02-20-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3799478)
I think you are in for a shock.

I see Mock's with Buffalo taking Ryan Nassib with their 8th pick, im like wtf???

i agree with you, this year will be an aberation as far as the amount of top 5 qb's dropping, maybe completely out of the first round....

cmhargrove 02-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3799478)
I think you are in for a shock.

I could totally see a Brady Quinn type of fall, and without a Cleveland to jump in and pick Barkley. I'm just saying that history propels these Qb's back into the first round. Barkley isn't perfect, but his stats are light years ahead of kids like Tannehill and Gabbert (both top 10 picks).

Rohirrim 02-20-2013 06:37 PM

Barkley will be much better than people think. They're putting him into the same boat as Sanchez and Leinart, which I guess is just human nature. If the Chiefs are smart, they'll take him. Fortunately, they're not. Of course, if he goes to a loser franchise like the Chiefs or the Raiders, he might never reach his potential.

NFLBRONCO 02-20-2013 08:26 PM

They said similar things about Locker and Ponder where were they drafted?????? QB's rise every year come draft night

Play2win 02-20-2013 08:29 PM

I think Barkley is going to be prolific in the NFL, and run the hurry-up like nobody's business.

razorwire77 02-20-2013 10:00 PM

Barkley's is smallish compared to the prototype/ideal size. He had a disappointing senior season and is rehabbing a nagging shoulder injury. His arm strength also isn't the greatest. I think it's more likely that he falls to the top of the 3rd than it is he gets taken in the 1st round.

lonestar 02-20-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3799630)
Barkley's is smallish compared to the prototype/ideal size. He had a disappointing senior season and is rehabbing a nagging shoulder injury. His arm strength also isn't the greatest. I think it's more likely that he falls to the top of the 3rd than it is he gets taken in the 1st round.

all true but there will be several teams that bring him in to have him go through the motions and have their doctors inspect him..

the old adage of "there is an A ss for every saddle" applies here.. someone will jump on him..

Requiem 02-21-2013 07:32 AM

Looks like Dee Milliner, CB -- Alabama has a torn labrum. Will do all drills besides bench press, but will miss Alabama's Pro Day because he will have surgery after the combine. Should be ready for training camp. Wonder if this will impact his stock.

socalorado 02-21-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3799686)
Looks like Dee Milliner, CB -- Alabama has a torn labrum. Will do all drills besides bench press, but will miss Alabama's Pro Day because he will have surgery after the combine. Should be ready for training camp. Wonder if this will impact his stock.

I think by the day of the draft the CB position will change dramatically.
I see it by the day of the draft,
1 Trufant
2 Rhodes
3 Milliner
4 Poyer
5 Banks

Mediator12 02-21-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalorado (Post 3799688)
I think by the day of the draft the CB position will change dramatically.
I see it by the day of the draft,
1 Trufant
2 Rhodes
3 Milliner
4 Poyer
5 Banks

I think it could change, but it all depends on how they run. I do not see the list quite that way on tape, but if those guys run better, well that does make a difference in their final grades. Few positions are as impacted by the speed drills and 40 yard as CB.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.