The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Alec Ogletree (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110192)

razorwire77 02-16-2013 10:52 PM

Alec Ogletree
 
with the Ol' pre-draft Dee Dub.

Maybe both he and Manti T'eo are sitting there at 28.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rged-with-dui/

Requiem 02-16-2013 11:04 PM

Right before the combine. Good call, Ogletree.

Doggcow 02-16-2013 11:13 PM

DYME LYFE. Lets get him with DJ Williams. They'd be best bros.

theAPAOps5 02-16-2013 11:22 PM

Every year some idiot throws away hundreds of thousands of dollars, heck even millions, the chances of this happening is more reliable than a sun dial.

02-16-2013 11:32 PM

Even if he drops to our pick I'm not sure we should pull the trigger. If the kid is this stupid before the money starts rolling in what's he going to be like when he's a millionaire?

DBroncos4life 02-16-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3798188)
Every year some idiot throws away hundreds of thousands of dollars, heck even millions, the chances of this happening is more reliable than a sun dial.

There should be about 4 more that mess up too.

CEH 02-17-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3798187)
DYME LYFE. Lets get him with DJ Williams. They'd be best bros.

No we will let DJ go so there will be a spot open for a DUI type player

Rohirrim 02-17-2013 07:37 AM

Another rocket scientist.

02-17-2013 12:48 PM

I didn't like him in the first place..

02-17-2013 01:13 PM

no body will care when the season starts. see vontaze burfict

02-17-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g6matty (Post 3798294)
no body will care when the season starts. see vontaze burfict

His skill set doesn't equate to MLB.. Just hope you will be cool if we don't take him. I like Brandon Williams, but I don't think he will be a Bronco unfortunately..

02-17-2013 01:36 PM

im not a moron i do realise hes probably negative on the broncos scale of people to draft lol. would be nice though . hes exactly what this defense needs

02-17-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g6matty (Post 3798298)
im not a moron i do realise hes probably negative on the broncos scale of people to draft lol. would be nice though . hes exactly what this defense needs

Listen, he's really not the answer at MLB.. I really think he would be a very good OLB..He would struggle on the inside unless he had big bodies in front of him..

DBroncos4life 02-17-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3798300)
Listen, he's really not the answer at MLB.. I really think he would be a very good OLB..He would struggle on the inside unless he had big bodies in front of him..

The only thing I like about Ogletree is he is the perfect LB for the "peso" D. 4-2-5. NU ran it with David as the only true LB and Erig Hagg was a safety playing LB. WW could play the role of David and Tree would play the role of Hagg.

02-17-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798333)
The only thing I like about Ogletree is he is the perfect LB for the "peso" D. 4-2-5. NU ran it with David as the only true LB and Erig Hagg was a safety playing LB. WW could play the role of David and Tree would play the role of Hagg.

Yeah I remember you telling me you like that D. I haven't seen Nickel D as the base D anywhere other than Green Bay. But Woodson made that work, I can't recall but I think that was two or three years ago during their SB run..?

I agree Ogaltree would work there, but that's because of his versatility and coverage ability. In Base D he is either a 4-3 OLB or 3-4 ILB.

DBroncos4life 02-17-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3798336)
Yeah I remember you telling me you like that D. I haven't seen Nickel D as the base D anywhere other than Green Bay. But Woodson made that work, I can't recall but I think that was two or three years ago during their SB run..?

I agree Ogaltree would work there, but that's because of his versatility and coverage ability. In Base D he is either a 4-3 OLB or 3-4 ILB.

The big nickel and peso are pretty much the same thing. If Woodson could come in and replace Leonhard who I think is too small for that role 5'9 188 pounds when NU used guys 6'2 210. Woodson is closer at 6'1 200 pounds.

02-17-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798346)
The big nickel and peso are pretty much the same thing. If Woodson could come in and replace Leonhard who I think is too small for that role 5'9 188 pounds when NU used guys 6'2 210. Woodson is closer at 6'1 200 pounds.

I would really like Woodson in that role.. But the numbers have to work..not to mention we would be incredibly susceptible to the run.

That's a base of Doom, Wolfe, DT, Miller.. Woodyard and LB
We would be gashed in the run game..in a 4-2 or 3-3.

DBroncos4life 02-17-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3798349)
I would really like Woodson in that role.. But the numbers have to work..not to mention we would be incredibly susceptible to the run.

That's a base of Doom, Wolfe, DT, Miller.. Woodyard and LB
We would be gashed in the run game..in a 4-2 or 3-3.

That is why Ogletree would have been ideal. Former safety playing LB. Too bad he is not very bright. First drugs then DUI in less then a year.

02-17-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798356)
That is why Ogletree would have been ideal. Former safety playing LB. Too bad he is not very bright. First drugs then DUI in less then a year.

But Ogaltree would just take Trevethans spot at OLB.. That's still light personnel..

DBroncos4life 02-17-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3798361)
But Ogaltree would just take Trevethans spot at OLB.. That's still light personnel..

Light or not Tree is better then Trevethan plus Ogletree or Trevethan are bigger then the safety playing LB in the peso. WW was a former safety so he could fit that role as well. It doesn't need to be the base nickel D just use it on heavy based teams that like to run multiple TE's like NE.

02-17-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3798371)
Light or not Tree is better then Trevethan plus Ogletree or Trevethan are bigger then the safety playing LB in the peso. WW was a former safety so he could fit that role as well. It doesn't need to be the base nickel D just use it on heavy based teams that like to run multiple TE's like NE.

But Ogaltree in Base D as the Mike? I don't like that.. I'd prefer Cooper Taylor in that role. I actually think Taylor could play MLB better than Ogaltree..

DBroncos4life 02-17-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3798396)
But Ogaltree in Base D as the Mike? I don't like that.. I'd prefer Cooper Taylor in that role. I actually think Taylor could play MLB better than Ogaltree..

I don't think you are following me. I don't want Ogeltree at all, he just would be the ideal fit for the system I like. Drugs and booze will be his downfall.

pricejj 02-17-2013 10:39 PM

Sucks that he did this right before the draft...I really wanted another team to waste a 1st round draft pick on him.

02-17-2013 10:45 PM

If Shariff Floyd is there for Denver's pick they need to grab him. Put him in the middle next to either Vickerson or Bannon and that position is set. Jackson, Wolfe, Unrein as backups. That makes my nipples hard.

cutthemdown 02-18-2013 02:53 AM

Bacchus you are dreaming if you think Floyd will be there. No friggin way he lasts until the end of round 1.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.