The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Why You Should Question the Feds (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110185)

Tombstone RJ 02-15-2013 01:19 PM

Why You Should Question the Feds

What a boat load of horsecrap. The feds want to buy 1.6 BILLION ROUNDS of ammo! That's a staggering figure. At 15 million rounds a year that's over 100 years worth of supply:

http://news.yahoo.com/homeland-secur...190840538.html

The real reason they want all this ammo is to prevent citizens from buying it, and to drive up the cost. Next thing the feds will do is slap an exorbitant tax on ammo. Just watch. It's comming.

Tombstone RJ 02-15-2013 01:22 PM

This, of course, is in addition to all the ammo the military absorbs for the "war on terror."

Requiem 02-15-2013 01:27 PM

War, Religion and Politics Forum. . .

A thread will be coming to your part of the Mane very shortly. Please hold.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 02-15-2013 01:30 PM

....unless the its a Dem everything is ok. Repub drinks water its national news.

rugbythug 02-15-2013 01:32 PM

In step with this is the fact that the Armed forces no longer sell their used brass. They now shred it and sell as scrap. Reaping a fraction of the value.

gyldenlove 02-15-2013 01:39 PM

I don't think this is the main reason you should question your government, just saying...

Tombstone RJ 02-15-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3797633)
War, Religion and Politics Forum. . .

A thread will be coming to your part of the Mane very shortly. Please hold.

This is the offseason... and IMHO this is not about war, nor is it about religion, nor is it about politics. It's about the feds doing something completely unjustifiable, that is, buying a completely unecessary amount of pistol and rifle ammunition.

Forget about the cost, forget about fact that local law enforcement is also screwed by this policy, forget about the staggering figure for just a moment and ponder the greater ramifications of this policy. It's just an inexcusable amount of small arms ammunition.

02-15-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3797634)
....unless the its a Dem everything is ok. Repub drinks water its national news.

How embarrassing is that. A "career ender"? Yep. Dems really are that immature.

peacepipe 02-15-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3797624)
What a boat load of horsecrap. The feds want to buy 1.6 BILLION ROUNDS of ammo! That's a staggering figure. At 15 million rounds a year that's over 100 years worth of supply:

The real reason they want all this ammo is to prevent citizens from buying it, and to drive up the cost. Next thing the feds will do is slap an exorbitant tax on ammo. Just watch. It's comming.

This thread is horse crap.
Is our military,police suppose to use paint balls.
BTW,are ammo producers limited in the amt of ammo they can make.
Is there some ammo mine out there that's going dry.
Let me let you in on a little secret,they can make more ammo.

mkporter 02-15-2013 02:38 PM

A few notes:

Quote:

says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.
To me that reads that this particular training center uses as many as 15 million rounds per year. So the 1.6B rounds would be a 100 year supply for this facility, not for all of homeland security. 1.6 Billion rounds would supply 20 such facilities for 5 years (which is the noted duration of the contract).

Quote:

Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. ... More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.
750 Million rounds for 5 years with 70,000 agents per year is roughly 2000 rounds per agent trained at DHS facilities. Is that a lot? I have no idea. The contract also notes that "up to" 750 Million rounds can be purchased, which may mean that they don't purchase this many. The contract probably has a minimum amount as well to ensure good pricing.

Ammunition purchased in the US on the whole was about 10-12 Billion rounds last year as far as I can tell. This government purchase would account for 2.5%-3.5% of the total market. A significant portion to be sure, but enough to intentionally drive prices significantly higher? I wonder if the logic doesn't work the other way? The American public has been significantly escalating their guns and ammo purchases over the past several years, which has put significant pressure on pricing and supply. If I'm a large consumer of ammunition, like the DHS, I'm probably also looking to make large volume purchases to keep cost down, and ensure adequate supply over the next several years. Or maybe I'm just looking to start a war against the american public. Hard to say.

JLesSPE 02-15-2013 02:39 PM

Is our military,police suppose to use paint balls. 1.6 BILLION rounds for ONE agency
BTW,are ammo producers limited in the amt of ammo they can make.Yes, just like every other producer of goods. Manufacturers have supply pipelines that are configured based upon past, current, and projected need. Try telling a bullet manufacturer, oh hey can you crank out a couple extra BILLION bullets for me this month? The gov't bought all mine
Is there some ammo mine out there that's going dry. If there was an ammo mine I would live there.
Let me let you in on a little secret,they can make more ammo. Cute, but I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Irish Stout 02-15-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLesSPE (Post 3797668)
Is our military,police suppose to use paint balls. 1.6 BILLION rounds for ONE agency
BTW,are ammo producers limited in the amt of ammo they can make.Yes, just like every other producer of goods. Manufacturers have supply pipelines that are configured based upon past, current, and projected need. Try telling a bullet manufacturer, oh hey can you crank out a couple extra BILLION bullets for me this month? The gov't bought all mine
Is there some ammo mine out there that's going dry. If there was an ammo mine I would live there.
Let me let you in on a little secret,they can make more ammo. Cute, but I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Its 90 agencies that fall under one department.

Its about 400Million bullets a year, so not as direct of a hit on the manufacturer "pipeline" as 1.6B all at once. 400 Million gets spread out over a year to make about 32 Million a month - not the 1.6B/month you implied. Also - last year ICE bought almost 500Million bullets.

Will you invite me over to your ammo mine for tea and scrumpets when and if you ever find the magical place. It would be interesting for sure.

Not sure if any of us know what we're talking about.

errand 02-15-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3797624)

in Missouri and New York the Democrats have already submitted legislation to confiscate weapons from law abiding citizens...... add in the fact that Barack Obama has already stated that there should be a civillian security force that needs to be as well-armed, equipped and funded as our military.....can you say der Sturmabteilung?

I once saw a movie where only the police and the military had guns it was called Schindler's List.....

errand 02-15-2013 03:33 PM

amazing how everyone wants to limit me to 10 rounds but government can get 1.6 billion

Inkana7 02-15-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3797683)
in Missouri and New York the Democrats have already submitted legislation to confiscate weapons from law abiding citizens...... add in the fact that Barack Obama has already stated that there should be a civillian security force that needs to be as well-armed, equipped and funded as our military.....can you say der Sturmabteilung?

I once saw a movie where only the police and the military had guns it was called Schindler's List.....

http://propagandaprofessor.net/2011/...tlers-gun-ban/

yawn

mkporter 02-15-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3797692)
amazing how everyone wants to limit me to 10 rounds but government can get 1.6 billion

I'm guessing from your posts, that you are sitting on your fair share of ammo. Amiright?

JPPT1974 02-15-2013 04:14 PM

Feds will never tell cause they are not honest with the American people!

Rohirrim 02-15-2013 04:23 PM

Average Right Winger watching Fox Noise...

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-co...012/12/gif.gif

errand 02-15-2013 04:35 PM

so what are you lied to liberals going to do if we are correct? if our government decides to take away all the rights and amendments you care about..... most of you don't own guns so you don't care if the Second Amendment is abolished.

just because I don't own a newspaper or a radio/television station doesn't mean I won't defend the First Amendment...... like I say my right to own a gun is what defend your right to tell me I cannot.

I'm not a criminal but would defend the IV and V amendments as well....

I've never owned nor condoned the ownership of slaves, so should I be concerned if someone wanted to abolish the 13th Amendment? Damn right I should.....

Eventually the over reaching government will get to an amendment that you do care about and does affect you

RaiderH8r 02-15-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3797711)
Average Right Winger watching Fox Noise...

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-co...012/12/gif.gif

And your typical Lunatic Lefty

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1375721&t=o GIFSoup

rugbythug 02-15-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkana7 (Post 3797697)

Hitler only wanted people he trusted to have guns. Not everyone as per your link. What kind of Crazy Gov't would let those that appose you politically have weapons.

Link also goes onto use waco as a reference on how armed resistance is futile. I imagine jews in the ghetto would have appreciated a 50 day stand off before being slaughtered.

yawn

Inkana7 02-15-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugbythug (Post 3797715)
Hitler only wanted people he trusted to have guns. Not everyone as per your link. What kind of Crazy Gov't would let those that appose you politically have weapons.

Link also goes onto use waco as a reference on how armed resistance is futile. I imagine jews in the ghetto would have appreciated a 50 day stand off before being slaughtered.

yawn

lol look up the Warsaw Uprising. As a hunter and gun owner I appreciate gun rights but I assure you that errand and his dad's 12-gauge are not what's standing between any government and tyranny.

broncosteven 02-15-2013 06:08 PM

How successful was that LA cop killer at repelling the Government with his gun?

Gun owners keep bringing up that we have a right to own a gun to protect us from a tyranny. That might of worked back in 1791 but all it takes today is one strike from a drone flying at 60,000 feet and your AR15's and 30 clips of Ammo go "Poof", or KABLOOIE! Either way you won't know.

oubronco 02-15-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3797683)

The day they Outlaw Guns is the day I become an Outlaw

oubronco 02-15-2013 07:06 PM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33798843_n.jpg