The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The crazy right (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110149)

Rigs11 02-12-2013 12:32 PM

The crazy right
 
This is why the GOP will never be viewed in a positive light, you have a bunch of loons in your corner.

Ted Nugent to attend State of the Union. Will that backfire?

Rock star/gun rights advocate Ted Nugent is attending Tuesday night’s State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman (R) of Texas announced Monday.

Yes, yes he will. That’s certain. But beyond that we have to ask: Is this a good idea?

After all, Nugent will be sitting in the same room with children from Sandy Hook Elementary and other victims of gun violence. He’ll also be sitting in the same room with Mr. Obama. You’ll remember that last spring several members of the Secret Service visited Nugent for a chat after he said that if Obama were to be reelected “I will either be dead or in jail.” The agents came away convinced that Nugent was a bigger threat to grammar and decorum than to the president, but still.

Liberal pundit Greg Sargent goes further, saying that Nugent’s appearance only emphasizes The Crazy, the hard right aspect of the GOP that party leaders such as Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana have complained turns off moderate voters.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Deco...-that-backfire

Blart 02-12-2013 01:00 PM

If you think Ted Nugent is slightly off-kilter, you're a marxist.

Rigs11 02-12-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blart (Post 3796268)
If you think Ted Nugent is slightly off-kilter, you're a marxist.

Nope, he's a patriotHilarious!

Tombstone RJ 02-12-2013 02:40 PM

He's no crazier than any other entertainer with a political opinion. Most are extreme liberals, some are extreme conservatives, some are just extremely wierd. Most if not all entertainers should just not have the ability to voice an opinion on politics IMHO, or, the media should ignore them, which of course the media won't because the media is all about the media.

Rigs11 02-12-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3796321)
He's no crazier than any other entertainer with a political opinion. Most are extreme liberals, some are extreme conservatives, some are just extremely wierd. Most if not all entertainers should just not have the ability to voice an opinion on politics IMHO, or, the media should ignore them, which of course the media won't because the media is all about the media.

the difference being is that entertainers who threaten the prez, confronted by the secret service, are not invited to attend the state of the union by dems. get it?

cutthemdown 02-12-2013 04:01 PM

Yeah but people like Harry Belafonte are so middle of the road. Just watch Team America and you will get the point.

02-12-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3796351)
Yeah but people like Harry Belafonte are so middle of the road. Just watch Team America and you will get the point.

Don't forget about this guy either.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...87503H20120806

Dr. Broncenstein 02-12-2013 04:19 PM

Obama being consistent in exploiting victims of terrorism as props for his state of the union address. Oh wait.. when it occurs on a military base by an Al Queda infiltrator committing jihad it's "workplace violence" and not terrorism. My bad.

cutthemdown 02-12-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3796362)
Obama being consistent in exploiting victims of terrorism as props for his state of the union address. Oh wait.. when it occurs on a military base by an Al Queda infiltrator committing jihad it's "workplace violence" and not terrorism. My bad.

These are things i wish President would use executive order on. Just order the army to reverse decision. But this President doesn't want to admit an act of terror in the domestic USA. It's really a shame.

02-14-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3796253)
This is why the GOP will never be viewed in a positive light, you have a bunch of loons in your corner.

Ted Nugent to attend State of the Union. Will that backfire?

Rock star/gun rights advocate Ted Nugent is attending Tuesday night’s State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman (R) of Texas announced Monday.

Yes, yes he will. That’s certain. But beyond that we have to ask: Is this a good idea?

After all, Nugent will be sitting in the same room with children from Sandy Hook Elementary and other victims of gun violence. He’ll also be sitting in the same room with Mr. Obama. You’ll remember that last spring several members of the Secret Service visited Nugent for a chat after he said that if Obama were to be reelected “I will either be dead or in jail.” The agents came away convinced that Nugent was a bigger threat to grammar and decorum than to the president, but still.

Liberal pundit Greg Sargent goes further, saying that Nugent’s appearance only emphasizes The Crazy, the hard right aspect of the GOP that party leaders such as Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana have complained turns off moderate voters.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Deco...-that-backfire

http://celebritytoob.toobnetwork.com...rubiowater.gif

peacepipe 02-14-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3796362)
Obama being consistent in exploiting victims of terrorism as props for his state of the union address. Oh wait.. when it occurs on a military base by an Al Queda infiltrator committing jihad it's "workplace violence" and not terrorism. My bad.

Yeah,let's classify everything as terrorism,dui,muggings,shoplifting,it's all terrorism. :~ohyah!:

orinjkrush 02-14-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3797020)
Yeah,let's classify everything as terrorism,dui,muggings,shoplifting,it's all terrorism. :~ohyah!:

seriously?

yeah, 9/11 was only workplace violence too.

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3796346)
the difference being is that entertainers who threaten the prez, confronted by the secret service, are not invited to attend the state of the union by dems. get it?

Nope, don't get it at all. These are the same democrats who love BO, a guy who hung out with Bill Ayers. We all know Ted Nugent is a goof ball. I highly doubt he's dangerous. The man doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs of any kind, and never has, even when he was a mega star back in the 1970's.

but whatever, carry on.

errand 02-14-2013 08:53 PM

I bet half those Sandy Hook families wish an armed Ted Nugent was on campus when that nut job starting shooting them.....that would have saved more lives than the gun free zone sign did.

.

TonyR 02-15-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

“Just as Americans in general do not have the habits of deference, so the conservative in America does not have them either. Ultimately he does not defer even to the country’s institutions. If one of these institutions, such as the Supreme Court, makes decisions he detests, he will defame that institution. He is as ready as is the common man to bypass the institutions he ought to defend … The America which Europe fears is the America of the Reaganites. The America once of the Scopes trial; the America of prohibition; the America of ignorant isolationism. The America then of ‘‘better dead than red’’; the America of McCarthyism; the America of the last fundamentalists of the 1950s. The America now of the new evangelicals; the America of the Moral Majority; the America of a now ignorant interventionism; the America which can see homosexuals as a conspiracy; feminists as a conspiracy; perhaps even women as a conspiracy.

The America of fear. For it is in fear that the ungoverned and the unfree are doomed to live. ... It is time that we reminded ourselves, and said aloud and more often, that it is from these people that nastiness comes. It is time that we pointed out to the neo-conservatives that democracy has never been subverted from the left but always from the right.”
– Henry Fairlie, 1980.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2009/...erica-of-fear/

Tom H. 02-15-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3797392)
I bet half those Sandy Hook families wish an armed Ted Nugent was on campus when that nut job starting shooting them.....that would have saved more lives than the gun free zone sign did.

.

Grace Jones would've been awesome if only she had been there.

http://aaaaahhhhshark.files.wordpres...pg?w=300&h=176

Arkie 02-15-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3797392)
I bet half those Sandy Hook families wish an armed Ted Nugent was on campus when that nut job starting shooting them.....that would have saved more lives than the gun free zone sign did.

.

How did the killer manage to get past one of these signs? It plainly tells everyone, literate or not, that guns cannot enter the zone.

http://cdn.compliancesigns.com/media...-16312_300.gif

Arkie 02-15-2013 12:27 PM

You know, now that I think about it. I bet he had an accomplice. Somebody else went ahead of him to take down that sign.

errand 02-15-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 3797587)
How did the killer manage to get past one of these signs? It plainly tells everyone, literate or not, that guns cannot enter the zone.

http://cdn.compliancesigns.com/media...-16312_300.gif

I know right?

I'm gonna guess he just didn't care......just like every criminal in the country doesn't

Pontius Pirate 02-17-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigs11 (Post 3796290)
Nope, he's a patriotHilarious!

He's such a patriot that he sh*t his pants to avoid the Vietnam draft.

What's great is they seated Nugent next to a pro-gay advocate. You could see the pain on the Nuge's face.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...gle3-large.jpg

Pontius Pirate 02-17-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3797392)
I bet half those Sandy Hook families wish an armed Ted Nugent was on campus when that nut job starting shooting them.....that would have saved more lives than the gun free zone sign did.

.

Like the armed guard that was on duty at Columbine.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate (Post 3798408)
Like the armed guard that was on duty at Columbine.


On April 20, 1999, Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff's deputy who had been policing the school for almost two years, was eating lunch when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold arrived at Columbine with their deadly arsenal and deadlier intentions.

Gardner said he got a call from a custodian that he was needed in the school's back parking lot. A few minutes later, he encountered Harris, and the two exchanged gunfire. The exchange with Harris lasted for an extended period of time, during which Harris' gun jammed.

The deputy and the backup he immediately called for exchanged fire with the shooters a second time and helped begin the evacuation of students, all before SWAT teams arrived, and before Harris and Klebold eventually killed themselves in the library.

Harris and Klebold also carried improvised explosive devices, some that detonated, others that didn't. One thing is certain — the armed resistance of Gardner and his backup bought time and saved lives.

There is no way of knowing how many lives were saved that day by an armed sheriff's deputy, and how many would have been slaughtered if nobody had been there with a gun at all


Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2LIM6FdbB
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Pontius Pirate 02-19-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3798644)


There is no way of knowing how many lives were saved that day by an armed sheriff's deputy, and how many would have been slaughtered if nobody had been there with a gun at all


Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2LIM6FdbB
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Thank you for confirming that there is no proof that armed guards on school campus' prevent mass shootings.

Arkie 02-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate (Post 3798850)
Thank you for confirming that there is no proof that armed guards on school campus' prevent mass shootings.

It appears he prevented multiple deaths and injuries.

Pick Six 02-20-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate (Post 3798850)
Thank you for confirming that there is no proof that armed guards on school campus' prevent mass shootings.

What do you think would have happened, if there WASN'T an armed guard? He was on lunch break, and he saved more lives from being taken...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.