The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hmm... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110121)

Tombstone RJ 02-09-2013 03:31 PM

Hmm...
 
I'm sorry, but this is disturbing. I'll say it again for those who will immediately call me names and say I'm a Republican and say I don't know anything--I'm an Independent who voted for Clinton. But this is just sad. I wish the Democrats would just man up and confess they are the main culprits behind this last economic slide. But no, hell no. You are going to instead have Democrats blame everything on Republicans, starting with Reagan. Here, read this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-...ocrat-policies

W*GS 02-09-2013 04:20 PM

Authored by Robert Moon...

Who is Robert Moon?

Quote:

Robert Moon is an award-winning researcher, published author, and former Regional Coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots. He has organized for conservative causes and candidates for the last fifteen years, is a former Precinct Committeeman and is currently stationed overseas.
Yep, real objective and fact-based fella there.

Rohirrim 02-10-2013 09:21 AM

I'd say that what happened can be likened to a three legged stool. Yes, the CRA was one of the legs, but the deregulation of Banks and Wall Street, and the subsequent invention of the derivatives casino were the other two legs. To blame it all on one party is just partisan hackery. And if I felt like buying the original report (rather than take some Right Wing mouthpiece's word for it), I'm sure it would prove that point. Geez, the publishing company that printed this crap is owned by Phillip Anschutz. That's all I need to know.

DenverBrit 02-10-2013 10:12 AM

Just as a reference point, the source of this linked story is Investor's Business Daily. Nice source, TJ. :)


How Stephen Hawking Proves That Investor's Business Daily's Editorial Page Tells Lies

Quote:

Stephen Hawking was born in Oxford. He currently teaches at the University of Cambridge. Oxford and Cambridge have something in common: They're both in England. Which makes this editorial in Investor's Business Daily unfortunate indeed.

"People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."

Sigh. You could write some long response to the rest of the lies and distortions in that IBD editorial, but the more appropriate reply is to just warn people against ever reading the editorial page in Investor's Business Daily. It's not just that they didn't know that Stephen Hawking was born in England. It's that the underlying point was wrong, as you'll note from the continued existence of Stephen Hawking. They didn't choose an unfortunate example for an accurate point. They simply lied.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezr...roves_tha.html

Quote:

On July 31, 2009, an editorial in IBD touted the superiority of U.S. healthcare and argued that physicist Stephen Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the [British] National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."[7] As Hawking has always lived in the U.K. and receives his medical care from the NHS, the editorial was widely criticized.[6][8][9]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investo...Business_Daily

peacepipe 02-10-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3795144)
Authored by Robert Moon...

Who is Robert Moon?



Yep, real objective and fact-based fella there.

Beat me to it,posts a thread from a completely biased author & a completely biased site,& then to top it off he claims to be "independent".

02-10-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3795144)
Yep, real objective and fact-based fella there.

It beats your copy and pasting from leftist websites that slam the US government as the Great Global Capitalist Pig Hegemon.

:yayaya::wave:

02-10-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3795324)
To blame it all on one party is just partisan hackery.

This is true, however I'd be more impressed if liberals said such things when a guy with an R behind his name was in the highest office in the land.

Both parties have sold us out with illegal aliens and other important issues. There is a severe and worsening level of corruption in politics in this country.

W*GS 02-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3795418)
It beats your copy and pasting from leftist websites that slam the US government as the Great Global Capitalist Pig Hegemon.

Still smarting over the fact that the US isn't always on the side of the Great and the Good, I see.

Facts are always inconvenient for hypernationalist fake patriots like yourself.

cutthemdown 02-10-2013 01:01 PM

Considering all the news media either left or right that means there isn't anywhere to get any news or opinions. MSNBC could be doctoring videos and audio, Fox could be outright lying, and on and on.

Rohirrim 02-10-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3795451)
Considering all the news media either left or right that means there isn't anywhere to get any news or opinions. MSNBC could be doctoring videos and audio, Fox could be outright lying, and on and on.

The difference being that NBC has a long, and storied history in journalism. In fact, NBC was credited with the first broadcast news program, with Lowell Thomas, in 1940. Then they had the Huntley-Brinkley report with reporters John Chancellor, Frank McGee, Edwin Newman, Sander Vanocur, etc. Along with CBS, where they had Ed Murrow and Walter Cronkite, they invented American journalism, which was the best in the world, and the model by which other countries news organs measured themselves.

Fox has never been anything other than Murdoch's propaganda tool for Right Wing ideology and dogma. It was spawned specifically for that purpose, and has never even pretended at authentic journalism.

Tombstone RJ 02-12-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3795144)
Authored by Robert Moon...

Who is Robert Moon?



Yep, real objective and fact-based fella there.

Nice deflection. The point still remains that forcing the banks to provide loans to people with either bad credit or no credit or just plane lousy income and resources was not good for the economy. Is the American dream to own your own home, yes! It's a good dream to have! However you have to be able to buy a place just like anyone else, that is, with the financial ability to take on the loan and pay it off. I agree that minorities, for the most part, did not meet requirements to get loans for whatever reason. However, that's why people go to college, that is, they get better jobs, get better income, build credit and then eventually buy a home. Not vice versa.

Again, this is a bad policy by the fed government. It was initiated by Carter, strengthened by Clinton and it yes, Republicans didn't do anything to stop it.

Tombstone RJ 02-12-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3795350)
Just as a reference point, the source of this linked story is Investor's Business Daily. Nice source, TJ. :)


[B]How Stephen Hawking Proves That Investor's Business Daily's Editorial Page Tells Lies


http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezr...roves_tha.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investo...Business_Daily

Again with attacking the source? Listen, I don't trust anyone in the media but that doesn't mean all of the stories reported are wrong. I know MSNBC's angle before I go there for news.

One other thing, don't kid yourself, Hawkings is a very special exception to the rule. That is, if Hawkings was not one of the greatest mathmaticians of the 20th century, if he was just a regular joe, would he be getting all his medical needs met?

That's a fair question my friend.

Blart 02-12-2013 03:11 PM

It's funny how Republicans justify their consumption of propaganda by saying, "MSNBC IS BAD TOO!" (despite that only 17% of liberals trust MSNBC, as opposed to 81% of conservatives trusting Fox News)

So what? Get a better source.

There are plenty of conservative academics out there who probably have a unique view of the recession, and they blog. There are also countless independent news sources online.

DenverBrit 02-12-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3796306)
Again with attacking the source? Listen, I don't trust anyone in the media but that doesn't mean all of the stories reported are wrong. I know MSNBC's angle before I go there for news.

One other thing, don't kid yourself, Hawkings is a very special exception to the rule. That is, if Hawkings was not one of the greatest mathmaticians of the 20th century, if he was just a regular joe, would he be getting all his medical needs met?

That's a fair question my friend.

It is a fair question about the NHS, and I don't have an answer, though I'm curious enough to look into it. My own experiences have been excellent, but I was younger and healthy.

As for the story, it was an editorial of a report, a report they didn't link.....which is always suspicious. Plus, their editorials have a history of gross inaccuracy, or downright lies.

You'd be better off looking for a summary of the report with the report linked. However, Barney James has been linked to the housing debacle for some time, so I'm sure the actual report is interesting.

cutthemdown 02-12-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3795473)
The difference being that NBC has a long, and storied history in journalism. In fact, NBC was credited with the first broadcast news program, with Lowell Thomas, in 1940. Then they had the Huntley-Brinkley report with reporters John Chancellor, Frank McGee, Edwin Newman, Sander Vanocur, etc. Along with CBS, where they had Ed Murrow and Walter Cronkite, they invented American journalism, which was the best in the world, and the model by which other countries news organs measured themselves.

Fox has never been anything other than Murdoch's propaganda tool for Right Wing ideology and dogma. It was spawned specifically for that purpose, and has never even pretended at authentic journalism.

That only means MSNBC should be more ashamed of what they became. Then the fact journalism going so far left is what brought FOX news into existence is also a factor.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.