The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   officiating in super bowl? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110076)

orinjkrush 02-04-2013 06:14 AM

officiating in super bowl?
 
Granted, it turned out to be an exciting game, but, I thought the officiating was about as one sided as you could get.

meaning, no calls generally let the Raven's thuggery continue, just as they pulled off in their other post season games.

I saw one non-call on the 49ers and about 10 non calls on the Ravens.

Thoughts?

Hulamau 02-04-2013 06:22 AM

When 49er fans know a little of how we feel with that last non PI call in the end zone on Williams or whoever it was mugging Crabtree.. Would have won the game for them had he not been held...

go_broncos 02-04-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orinjkrush (Post 3792595)
Granted, it turned out to be an exciting game, but, I thought the officiating was about as one sided as you could get.

meaning, no calls generally let the Raven's thuggery continue, just as they pulled off in their other post season games.

I saw one non-call on the 49ers and about 10 non calls on the Ravens.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that the games are fixed.
I was blasted when i said it before..Once Lewis announced his retirement, refs made sure he wins the SB.
For instance..4TH AND 29...it was never converted..it was yard short.

TonyR 02-04-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulamau (Post 3792598)
Would have won the game for them had he not been held...

If the call was made, as it should have been, it would have given the Niners first and goal at the 1. Depending on how many plays it took to score from there, assuming they did score, it would have left the Ravens far less than two minutes to drive for a FG. The score would have been 35-34 Niners at that point if they went for 2 and failed, 37-34 if they got the 2 point conversion.

02-04-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3792599)
My thoughts are that the games are fixed.
I was blasted when i said it before..Once Lewis announced his retirement, refs made sure he wins the SB.
For instance..4TH AND 29...it was never converted..it was yard short.

I'm with you on the fix being in, but I'm not sure it was a complete fix, just a ref thing. How many judgement calls went against the ravens? Also, how many holding calls did the ravens o-line get called for all playoffs? The 3 penalties the ravens were called for were roughing the passer (have to show we care about player safety) running into the kicker (safety issue again, and it could have been a 15 yarder) and unnecisary(sp?) roughness that was offset.

It's not scripted, but it is most definitely favoring the ravens.

Mouth

go_broncos 02-04-2013 06:36 AM

one more thing...champ will never win SB..He doesn't deserve it.plays like **** when it matters.

Kaylore 02-04-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3792607)
one more thing...champ will never win SB..He doesn't deserve it.plays like **** when it matters.

You suck

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dL78BKa5LC...+@+Broncos.jpg

go_broncos 02-04-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouth (Post 3792606)
I'm with you on the fix being in, but I'm not sure it was a complete fix, just a ref thing. How many judgement calls went against the ravens? Also, how many holding calls did the ravens o-line get called for all playoffs? The 3 penalties the ravens were called for were roughing the passer (have to show we care about player safety) running into the kicker (safety issue again, and it could have been a 15 yarder) and unnecisary(sp?) roughness that was offset.

It's not scripted, but it is most definitely favoring the ravens.

Mouth

I never said the complete game is fixed..it's just that all of a sudden Ravens became most disciplined team in NFL once Ray announced his retirement.
Wish we had a player like him in our team that can influence ref's.

Wes Mantooth 02-04-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3792607)
one more thing...champ will never win SB..He doesn't deserve it.plays like **** when it matters.

you my friend are an idiot.

go_broncos 02-04-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3792609)

Hilarious!

go_broncos 02-04-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth (Post 3792612)
you my friend are an idiot.

HOF players elevate the game when it mattered..
Players like manning, Champ and coaches like Fox panic.
Manning is the overrated QB.
He like Brett Favre will screw the team during crunch time.

We need players like Elway...

Kaylore 02-04-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3792615)
HOF players elevate the game when it mattered..
Players like manning, Champ and coaches like Fox panic.
Manning is the overrated QB.
He like Brett Favre will screw the team during crunch time.

We need players like Elway...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...jo1_r1_250.gif

Meck77 02-04-2013 06:59 AM

It was terrible. I think college sports will see in an increase in popularity over the next decade or so as more and more people shun $100-$1000 seats, $100 million contracts, and side shows like Ray Lewis, strikes, and what sure seems like crooked officiating.

With that being said one of the greatest sporting events is about to unfold. March Madness. It's hard to beat the pure competitive nature of College Basketball.

Ain't that right Raenos?

Requiem 02-04-2013 07:02 AM

Jimmy Smith got away with murder in the endzone at the end of the game. That being said, March Madness is boring.

02-04-2013 07:03 AM

I only remember one call go the 9ers way the running into the kicker.

Kaylore 02-04-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77 (Post 3792622)
It was terrible. I think college sports will see in an increase in popularity over the next decade or so as more and more people shun $100-$1000 seats, $100 million contracts, and side shows like Ray Lewis, strikes, and what sure seems like crooked officiating.

With that being said one of the greatest sporting events is about to unfold. March Madness. It's hard to beat the pure competitive nature of College Basketball.

Ain't that right Raenos?

Alec Raenos rep. He IS Alec Raenos, Mage.

SonOfLe-loLang 02-04-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3792615)
HOF players elevate the game when it mattered..
Players like manning, Champ and coaches like Fox panic.
Manning is the overrated QB.
He like Brett Favre will screw the team during crunch time.

We need players like Elway...

Love elway obviously. He's amazing. But watch the 97 Super Bowl again

Rascal 02-04-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3792625)
I only remember one call go the 9ers way the running into the kicker.

Refs didn't call a blatant o-line holding penatly (guard or center) during the 49ers last drive.

bronco militia 02-04-2013 07:23 AM

I was pissed last night, but now I don't care........


ZZZ...

Gutless Drunk 02-04-2013 07:24 AM

Raven's offensive line had no holding penalties in the playoffs. That's right, they faced Dwight Freeny, Robert Mathias, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Justin Smith & Aldon Smith without committing a holding penalty.
Greatest offensive line performance ever.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 02-04-2013 07:43 AM

The officiating was terrible.

I would like Peyton to announce his retirement effective at the end of the 2013 season. Then maybe we'll get some of that sweet Ray Ray home cookin'.

Rohirrim 02-04-2013 07:46 AM

Seemed pretty even to me, but then I hate both those teams and didn't really care one way or another.

go_broncos 02-04-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3792640)
Raven's offensive line had no holding penalties in the playoffs. That's right, they faced Dwight Freeny, Robert Mathias, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Justin Smith & Aldon Smith without committing a holding penalty.
Greatest offensive line performance ever.

this show how it's fixed..

2KBack 02-04-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3792640)
Raven's offensive line had no holding penalties in the playoffs. That's right, they faced Dwight Freeny, Robert Mathias, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Justin Smith & Aldon Smith without committing a holding penalty.
Greatest offensive line performance ever.

This is the most telling stat in my mind. As we know, some level of holding occurs every play, so to not call it for 4 straight games against teams with great pass rushes is just sickening.

go_broncos 02-04-2013 07:51 AM

just now i read that European soccer games are fixed..
I strongly believe that NFL is fixed..hopefully, someone will tell the truth in the near future.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.