The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   No Defensive or Offensive POY for the Broncos (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110065)

OBF1 02-02-2013 06:21 PM

No Defensive or Offensive POY for the Broncos

Watt for defense and Peterson for offense POY

Watt over Miller, Not too much of a surprise in my opinion.

Manning gets Come back player of the year, which is no surprise at all.

edit: fixed the thread title

OBF1 02-02-2013 06:23 PM

http://www.nfl.com/?campaign=gsi_y

RGIII over Luck and Wilson for offensive ROY

SonOfLe-loLang 02-02-2013 06:30 PM

They vote on this right after the last game of the year right? That's probably why AD won

MagicHef 02-02-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3792003)
Watt and Peterson win MVP's

Watt over Miller, Not too much of a surprise in my opinion.

Manning gets Come back player of the year.

Watt and Peterson won DPOY and OPOY. They haven't awarded MVP yet, as far as I know.

02-02-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 3792012)
Watt and Peterson won DPOY and OPOY. They haven't awarded MVP yet, as far as I know.

That's what I thought too..

02-02-2013 06:44 PM

At this point who cares? I'm sure Manning doesn't. He has 4 already why should get 5 MVPs and only one SB ring?

errand 02-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3792015)
At this point who cares? I'm sure Manning doesn't. He has 4 already why should get 5 MVPs and only one SB ring?

Hillary approves -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W3DXiUzqxF4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elway 4 Life 02-02-2013 07:05 PM

Peterson edges Manning for MVP. Just saw it on SC.

TonyR 02-02-2013 07:20 PM

Watt beat Miller 49-1 in the voting.

boltaneer 02-02-2013 07:42 PM

I called it a while back. :) AP had an unbelievable year.

spdirty 02-02-2013 08:16 PM

The true MVP this year was Rahim Moore for the Ravens. Yeah, I'm still not over it, at least not till training camp next year.

broncosteven 02-02-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3792023)

Smith got no votes? I figured he would get a couple if not split the ballot.

If this is true this actually makes me feel better that at least one guy saw Miller play.

bronco militia 02-02-2013 08:30 PM

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USA...187818eb64a894

lonestar 02-02-2013 08:34 PM

If it is by the same voters as the HOF. Or even if it is not. It takes An act of congress to anyone to recognize someone that is not a state removed from the mississippi.

Just where the vast majority of the writers are for that matter where the teams are.

As for Denver who represents them in any voting?

Might be the reason we get very little love.

Yes manning got a prize but had ap been in Denver and manning been in any city the likelyhood of AP getting any honors would be slim to none.

broncosteven 02-02-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3792039)
If it is by the same voters as the HOF. Or even if it is not. It takes An act of congress to anyone to recognize someone that is not a state removed from the mississippi.

Just where the vast majority of the writers are for that matter where the teams are.

As for Denver who represents them in any voting?

Might be the reason we get very little love.

Yes manning got a prize but had ap been in Denver and manning been in any city the likelyhood of AP getting any honors would be slim to none.

The reason we don't get any love from the HOF is because Bronco fans don't care about anyone pre 1996. It took a Monumental effort by Tom Mackie to get Floyd in, he gets him in and Bronco fans weren't even excited. I made the trek, those of us who went were dedicated Floyd fans who had great memories of him. The "kiddies" here didn't care because they didn't watch him play. He was a Bronco for ****s sake! I have researched guys before my time pre-1973ish. Guys like Rich "Tombstone" Jackson who deserve to be in the HOF.

BTW Jeff Legwold is the Denver reporter who did Floyd's presentation to the HOF. I can't remember if he is the only Denver reporter with a vote or if Woody has one also.

Dr. Broncenstein 02-02-2013 08:54 PM

I heard Peterson won an Orange Peanut.

SoCalBronco 02-02-2013 08:56 PM

Don't care. I get these are regular season awards but don't step on your dick with the top seed and complain about any issue. There should be no complaining from anyone at the Valley. You ****ed up so forget it...I don't want to hear it. No one is entitled to any award for anything. Get back to work in the facility and zip it....have some shame.

TheReverend 02-02-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

.... Miller got a vote? Was it Woody or something?

El Guapo 02-02-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Just read this myself, wtf?

02-02-2013 10:29 PM

Watt should have been unanimous DPOY, someone robbed him. This was the easier choice among the NFL Honors.

Miller is great, but I've never seen a defensive lineman play like Watt.

lonestar 02-02-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3792044)
The reason we don't get any love from the HOF is because Bronco fans don't care about anyone pre 1996. It took a Monumental effort by Tom Mackie to get Floyd in, he gets him in and Bronco fans weren't even excited. I made the trek, those of us who went were dedicated Floyd fans who had great memories of him. The "kiddies" here didn't care because they didn't watch him play. He was a Bronco for ****s sake! I have researched guys before my time pre-1973ish. Guys like Rich "Tombstone" Jackson who deserve to be in the HOF.

BTW Jeff Legwold is the Denver reporter who did Floyd's presentation to the HOF. I can't remember if he is the only Denver reporter with a vote or if Woody has one also.

I can dig that but it is not a fan vote. It is all sports writers and since 70% or so are from east of the mississippi, we play late games at least half of our schedule and we play in the AFCW against usually poor teams. There is little if NO interest in watching our games READ players.

Unless we happen to play the sports writers team or it's inter divisional teams it is likely that they will see more than 3 of our games a year if they see any of them at all.

Sports writers as we all know are lazy hacks and loads of them are drunk on their ass by the time we play n the late game.

Unless they have to report on who we are playing they are going home to either the BAR or wife and kiddies.

Plus if one of thos guys that played against their home team gets in it adds to the odds of their players getting votes.

Does anyone really think that if John had not won a Lombardi that he would have been a first ballot guy? For that matter had Zimmerman not played for the Vikings for most of his career he would have been voted if he would have just played in DEN.

Face it folks DEN is to most folks in the US a backwater hick town next to a ski slope.

I have lived on the east coast, STL, CHI(breifly) and the west coast and the broncos are not mentioned in the sports pages other than the box score. While you all may not believe me , if you travel or if anyone from out of town will do so search the sports pages for bronco information.

Report back what you see. It will shock most of you about how irrelevant they are.

Had it not been for Manning signing with us just how many games would we have gotten the "A TEAM" announcers this past year.

Unless we play a biggie team from the EAST coast or a division leader we suck hind teat for exposure.

BTW you are correct way to many kiddies that do not have a clue about before TD.

RhymesayersDU 02-02-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3792062)
Sports writers as we all know are lazy hacks and loads of them are drunk on their ass by the time we play n the late game.

Didn't know that "sports writers" was another word for "people who post on the Orange Mane."

lonestar 02-02-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3792054)
.... Miller got a vote? Was it Woody or something?

Not sure who the HOF voters are from DEN are. Since there are 32 teams I'd guess of the 50 voters that would mean 18 at large voters most of which would probably not know how to pick Colorado off the map let alone Denver.

I used to work at DEN apo the old Stapleton. During ski season most of the skiers would have their ski outfits on when they got off the plane. Most did not realize they had to drive atleast 2 hours to the nearest ski area some even asked where the ski lifts were.

Most folks from NYC do not have a clue.

Hamrob 02-02-2013 10:56 PM

If I had a team...and they gave me the choice:

You can have one of the following two players:

1. AP
2. PM

I'd take Manning everyday anyday....all-day!

I'm not taking anything away from Peterson's year. He had a phenominal year. But, he's not the "MOST" valuable. Sorry.

Tombstone RJ 02-02-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3792037)

love this j. cutty giff!

I'd think Miller would get more than 1 vote but oh well. I'm happy for Peterson, he's a classy guy and works very hard to be the best. He wasn't on a great team either, much deserved IMHO.